How much water do you drink in a day?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cathleenwright, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Dean00092

Dean00092 New Member

Every day we lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water. So I prefer to drink minimum of 8 glasses of water every day to stay healthy.

2. Ltheory

Ltheory New Member

I am probably one of the few who drink too much water a day. I can easily drink 8 to 10 16oz bottles a day. The problem is I drink really fast, before my body has a chance to say, "Hey, we're good on water!" I think it is important to listen to your body and drink water as needed. I've heard from workplace safety talks that it can take up to 10 hours for the body to absorb water, so you don't want to take a drink when you're already dehydrated. Playing catch up is never fun.

3. shaira

shaira New Member

I drink 6 or 7 glass a day.

4. Ahall2018

Ahall2018 New Member

I drink 110 ounces of water on a daily basis. I feel like drinking that much water in a day gives me more energy and I feel so much better mentally and physically. Also, I have found out since I drink so much water in a day, it keeps me a lot fuller so I’m not tempted to eat more than I should.

5. Ahall2018

Ahall2018 New Member

I drink 110 ounces of water on a daily basis. I feel like drinking that much water in a day gives me more energy and I feel so much better mentally and physically. Also, I have found out since I drink so much water in a day, it keeps me a lot fuller so I’m not tempted to eat more than I should.

6. Marc Blazer

Marc Blazer New Member

How much water do I drink in a day? I drink one gallon of water every single day because I know and I believe that water is very important substance in our body. It helps my energy to boost up higher. In other word in makes me more productive more energetic. It helps maintain my body and mind well function. I believe that drinking water can prevent headaches and it can also make my skin healthy and not dry. Water also helps relieve constipations and it can also help treat kidney stones.
    Water also helps prevent hangovers and for people that are big and fat water also help them weight loss.
    In conclusion drinking water a lots helps you become more healthier.

7. digsdigs

digsdigs New Member

I guest i drink 6 or 7 glasses a day . And a lot of vodka and beer hahaha i drink water when i feel im drain and for me us a drunking master i need a lot of water every single day because i feel dehighdrated every day so i suggest to drink a lot of water . It will help you daily routin on your life.

8. abbylin

abbylin New Member

honestly I take 5 or 6 glass but actually they recommended 8 glasses /aday. before and after sleep, before and after a meal, before taking a bath. Waters help you to regulate your blood and to prevent dehydrated..

9. Reine11

Reine11 New Member

It depends on the situation, sometimes I consume less than the needed glasses of water a day, especially those cold days where I don't feel thirsty. I think I only drink 5 to 6 glasses a day. But during summer or those days that are so hot, I think I consume atleast 8 glasses or more per day. Also on those days that have so many physical works to do, I also consume more than 8 glasses of water a day.

10. I just take 2-3 glass of water a day. When Im drinking water, it makes me dizzy and I dont know why. That is why my resistence is not strong. I always get cough and cold. Im always sick. I think I got it from my mom because she is like me.

11. vinzero6

vinzero6 Member

There are many different opinions on how much water you should be drinking every day. Health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon. This is called the 8×8 rule and is very easy to remember.

12. RieMa

RieMa New Member

Drinking lots of water makes the body stay hydrated especially on a really hot day. It will also prevent us from having a heat stroke. Water cleanses our internal organs and gets rid of all the toxic inside our body. So always carry a bottle of water to stay hydrated and refresh our insides.

13. gregcarlo

gregcarlo New Member

They say you need to drink atleast 8 to 10 glasses aday to stay hydrated and healthy but nowadays 10 glasses of water is not enough. I myself tested how much water I need to stay hydrated and I end up dringking 3 litres of water every day and that makes me feel healthy and well hydrated. by the way I am only 5'7 in height and 80kilograms in weight.

14. joyness23

joyness23 New Member

One doesn't need to measure the water he drinks using any form of container, just listen to your body, though you don't have to feel thirsty to drink.

15. grezelann_24

grezelann_24 New Member

I used to drink more than 10 glasses of water everyday. That is an everyday requirement for me. Just to make sure that I am always hydrated I count every glass.Drinking lots of water keeps my skin looking good. And most of all it keeps my body healthy.

16. hasnain_pu

hasnain_pu New Member

It's so difficult for me to measure the endorsed "eight glasses of water a day." but what I like to do, is have a water bottle with me at all times, and casually sip it at some stage in the day, and fill up it as quickly as feasible. I attempt to drink three to five water bottles every day. it's clean for me to do at paintings, considering that I'm quite sedentary and usually have the bottle next to me, and it is a form of like clockwork: send an e-mail, sip greater water, repeat.

17. cyrilace03

cyrilace03 New Member

Usually Im trying the challenge 8 glasses of water a day. But most of the time I missed some glasses a day. I just depend my water intake based on my pee color. Light color means I drank plenty of water but sometimes it turns to yellowish color it says that I need more water to take.

18. jimalmario

jimalmario New Member

Its a daily routine for me to drink 4 glasses of water right after i wake up in the morning, then squeeze in the rest of the 5 glasses during the day. This routine helps me in many ways. I feel more lighter, clean and energized.

19. rodelyn092781

rodelyn092781 New Member

Water is so beneficial in our body. I followed a guideline on the best time to drink a water the whole day. A 2 glasses when you wake up, the water should not be cold water, the water helps your internal organ regulates after an hour of sleep. The next is before meal, before shower and most important is before bedtime. Studies shows that it lower your blood pressure when you drink it the best time that you should drink.

20. Misslisaleo

Misslisaleo New Member

Well, being a bariatric surgery patient my water intake is extremely important. My doctor recommends 64-80 ounces of water per day. While that may seem like a daunting number, I just carry a hydro flask full of ice cold water with me everywhere I go. I find myself sipping throughout the day and before I know it I’ve reached my daily goal. It starts to become a habit pretty quickly!

21. nvan25

nvan25 New Member

Back in my young age, I’d rather choose colored drinks than water but when I realized the importance of water when I experienced of having a high acidity level. The doctor advised me to drink 8 or more glasses of water in a day. For me, there’s no definite intake of water to meet your fluid needs but we should be sensitive enough if we need to replenish what we had lost. For an instance, when you are sweating too much, doing exercise or running every day, doing household chores and etc. , of course water is essential to prevent dehydration. There’s a lots of advantages of water, so better drink water at early stage. Happy drinking guys!

22. Jardin

Jardin New Member

Water is a necessity of the human body. Our body is comprised of 60% water. Water flushes toxins out of our body and also helps in weight loss. Their are lots of benefits of water, if you search you'll find it easily. These benefits push me to drink a lot. I carry around a 1 liter bottle of water and I try to finish 4 liters. More when I exercise. We have to hydrate ourselves, even if we don't sweat we lose water all the time.

23. maryannborela1222

maryannborela1222 New Member

There are many different opinions on how much water you should be drinking every day. Health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon. This is called the 8×8 rule and is very easy to remember.

24. juanmarcus

juanmarcus New Member

Water is very important in our body it help us to rehydrate when we perspire. Also, it does not contains chemicals that will harm to our health . For me, drinking 8-12 glasses of water every day is enough for us to become healthy and well hydrated. Actually every time a felt thirsty i drink water maybe I consumed more than 12 glasses of water a day.

25. ExistensialSpace

ExistensialSpace New Member

It varies a lot day by day! If I were to hazard a guess, I would say I drink about 4 glasses of water a day. I stay hydrated by also drinking orange juice and other sparkling waters like Bubbly and LaCroix. I also won't turn down a non-flavored sparkling water. I have received a couple of odd looks for just drinking carbonated water, but I find it tricks me into thinking I've had a treat such as soda when I have really only had another glass of water!

26. vivivi26

vivivi26 New Member

I cant say its 8 glasses because there are times in my history days that i almost forgot to drink water! and that causes me to experience having UTI. It is very painful fellow folks you should drink water everyday. It can help you cleanse your body. For now I still dont know how many glasses I've been taking in a day but one thing is for sure its above 7 glasses.

27. oppoa71

oppoa71 New Member

According to the doctor's advise. The minimum glass of water that we should take everyday is at least 6-10 cups. This is because, nowadays compared to the past the environment has change. It's temperature, climate, and etc. Drinking an average amount of water can also help your fight disease. It is indeed helpful to drink water everyday. Water is considered as life, it is the source of life, without water there would be no life. And that is exactly true. Almost the overall percent of our body is made up of water. That's the reason why it is very necessary to drink 6-10 glass of water.

I drink more than 6 glass a day. And that helps me to refresh my body. And help to adapt the temperature of the environment.

28. jimboyperez

jimboyperez New Member

I used to drink the required 8 glasses a day, but i read recently in an article that it depends on so many factors on how many glasses of water you should drink. Age, profession, location, physical activity will determine how many glasses of water you should gulp down in a day. For instance during my day off i always jog from 5 a.m. till 7:00 a.m. in the seaside and it is so humid nowadays here where I work, so for a start upon waking up I immediately drink two glasses (12 ounce) of water, and then i have this big jug of water (1.5 liters) stuffed on my belt bag. Once i got home i will prepare a big glass of pineapple juice just to ease my thirst. So my average glass of water on that day is around 10 to 12 glasses. Better have at least 8 glasses of water everyday but if you are working out or exercise a lot, better increase your intake to avoid dehydration and also avoid other complications like heat stroke.

29. ipbascar888

ipbascar888 New Member

Having 10-12 glasses of pure water each day is beneficial for us. Our body is made up if 80% water, therby it is just beneficial if we take in at least 10 glasses each day. Your coffee, juices or soda does not count. It must be pure (preferably alkaline) water to keep our bodies hydrated! So let's all drink to that!

30. AnnGandaKo

AnnGandaKo New Member

I drink more than 8 cups of water a day because based on my research water is more healthy than any drinks like coke and processed juices. Water give us more energy and it dehydrates our body to become fit and healthy always. We know that water has more benefits example it makes us clean everyday, can grow plants and trees, it can be a remedy in every sickness and can reduce diseases from our body. So we can't live without water.