How old are you when you became a gamer?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Junex, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Alzack50

Alzack50 Member

I was became a gamer when i was 8 young of age and i was grade 4 that time, the first video games ive played was street fighter and vampire savior on arcade so i need coins that time to drop in arcade.

2. katemacam23

katemacam23 Member

As far as I remember I became a gamer when I was nine years old. I played crossfire, special force, left 4 dead, Online RPG games and etc. and I play with my boy cousins and my boyfriends. It was a good childhood thing that I cherish until now.

3. pdlocke

pdlocke New Member

I would say a casual gamer when I was about 6 and got my first handheld console a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Blue. Then I played game consoles such as the Playstation 1, my favourite game was Spyro: Year of the dragon. But started playing everyday when I got an Xbox 360 with Halo 3 and eventually transitioned to PC gaming and its been a big part of my life since I was 14, now 24!

4. carlosandres

carlosandres New Member

I became a gamer around the age of 13 years old, when my parents gave me my first video game console. I clearly remember that one of my favorite game of all time is Super Metroid; ¨oh my god just to think about it gives me goosebumps.¨

5. Xamdoso

Xamdoso New Member

I'm 20 years old right now and I started my gamer career when I was 6 when playing Call of Duty on my brother's big white and square PC. Over the years the passion for the game has been increasing as did my dedication to it. Playing has gone from a hobby to a side track that takes me away from reality.

6. aditya8485

aditya8485 Member

I was 16 years old when i became a gamer.

7. tjmay

tjmay Member

im 36 when i started ti play a game ,just for past time

8. tu2l

tu2l New Member

I became a PC gamer when i was around the age of 10, back than i did't have anyone to play with so my father bought me a PC and an old shooting game which i was very addicted to and then my gaming journey started. I started buying all kinds of games i would save my pocket money to buy even more new games.

9. thomaswanzer5

thomaswanzer5 New Member

I was only 10 when I became a gamer, but I think the age of gamers will become younger and younger as time progresses. Back when I was young, I didn't really have the money or resources of a good gaming console or computer to really do much. But now, literally everyone has smartphones and computers at home that can play at least decent games, so most kids will probably soon start to game more earlier on at a younger age.

10. aiseais

aiseais New Member

I was late when I started becoming a gamer. Probably it's because today there's a huge choices of games to choose from and game consoles to buy. The generation today are very lucky they have everything.

11. aiseais

aiseais New Member

I was late when I started becoming a gamer. Probably it's because today there's a huge choices of games to choose from and game consoles to buy. The generation today are very lucky they have everything.

12. rawrffy

rawrffy New Member

I was born to become a gamer! I can't remember exactly the age that I started playing video games, but what I do remember is the game that I've first tried which is Digimon World 1 and the first gaming platform that I've ever tried was Playstation 1. Ever since I tried playing video games it was when I realized that I was a gamer because I was dedicated to it and the culture of gaming. Even up to this day I still play and try a lot of video games. Do the things that you love and enjoy life to the fullest.

13. rjdoroja

rjdoroja New Member

About 4 years old on my dad's Atari. Joust was my favorite along with Combat and Chopper Command. I thought Star Raiders was really cool but I just couldn't wrap my head around around the advanced touch pad controls mostly because I couldn't read I suppose. I was a real pleb back then.

14. Renjasram

Renjasram New Member

I think ever since I were around, say 5 years old, from those early sliver background and black LCD screen video games I used to play all the way up to various console games to even PC and now mobile games. I've always been a serial gamer! However I have a sweet spot for PC, first person shooters like COD, Battlefield etc. and MMORPGs like Forsaken World, TERRA and Blade and Soul, and for the mobiles, well mostly Lords Mobile at the moment.

15. Dledg

Dledg Member

7 I think

16. LiamPosts

LiamPosts New Member

I dont really remember how old I am when I really got into video games. The first game I played is an fps game called counter strike source. At that time i was hooked playing the game but my time playing is limited because my parents are fairly strict I can play only an hour or two. To the topic at hand maybe i was 9 or 10 year old that time.

17. Mia09

Mia09 Member

I started to play games when i was atleast 15 yrs old. If my memory serves me right.

18. mayprincessmanalo

mayprincessmanalo New Member

I think I was in 16 when i started to play games. When there are so many games on facebook that become trending.

19. vms1370

vms1370 New Member

I got my first gaming console when i was 6, it was a Super Nintendo. It was this console that made me a gamer, i used to play 4-5 hours a day. After that I got a PS1 and then a PSP. Nowadays I have a PS4 and a gaming PC, but it's the PC that i use regularly for gaming.

20. sarz49

sarz49 New Member

I was I think 12 or 13 when my parents bought us a PC for school assignments. It came with pre-installed software, games etc. I was not aware then that Half-Life was a game so when we first opened it, we just closed it after a few seconds, we thought it was just an app that automatically plays a video because of the long train ride lol. Until we decided to finish the train ride, that's when we became addicted playing it.

21. memez4savages

memez4savages New Member

I've been a gamer since I was 7 years old. I remember playing almost all the pokemon games on my Nintendo DS. I've also played a lot of PS2 when I was little. I loved playing Dragonball on my PS2. I have played so many games on Ps2, Nintendo, Wii, Gameboy, Mobile, PS4, and XBOX. It was always fun for me to play games, but recently i didn't have the time to play on my PS4 due to school and other priorities.

22. I became a gamer when I was 20 years old. When I buy my first phone, intalled with a lot games.

23. DjafteKurafte

DjafteKurafte New Member

I became a gamer around 10 years old,when i got my first PC and friends recommended CS 1.6 . We played literally 24/7 ,now that time has passed,im still big on the gaming ,i play games every day since i got the better PC that can run basically everything ,best investment ever!

24. Carrillo62

Carrillo62 New Member

I started gaming somewhere between 9-10 years old. First console I owned was the first playstation. I remember being addicted to the “ Driver” games, I used to act sick just so I could stay home from school and game all day. I can’t forget about Spyro another classic, one of my favorites.

25. zLex1

zLex1 New Member

Became a serious "gamer" at around five years of age, was beating those twice my age, in a variety of games and platforms at this point

26. raziel3105

raziel3105 New Member

I remember the first day when I saw my brother played Pokemon Red. It was awesome!:sneaky::sneaky: And that day is a day of beginning to become a gamer of a 6 years old boy. I have played so many PC's games from that day, also Play Station's games, Xbox's, mobile's.... and I'm so happy that I have this hobby because it relieves my stress. :)
    Now, I'm still that boy, playing DOTA 2 and PUBG once a week with my friends. The feeling is still good.:D Gaming helps me a lot, so why I have to give it up ?
    To all gamers : Never give up your passion. Everyone have only a few passions in this life and if you give it up, your life is not fulfill.:sleeping: I wish that I could still a gamer at the age of 60 (LOL :rolling::rolling:).

27. Baggie

Baggie New Member

I started it at a very young age. My parents bought our first computer when i was 3 years old and i remember playing CS 1.6 and Stronghold. I miss those times.

28. constant32

constant32 New Member

I am five years old, and I play family computer,playstation one, psp,and now on pc.

29. I become a gamer when I was 10 years old. The first game that I ever play was Kontra in the family computer. I'm so very addicted with that game. After a year the next game that I play was Metal Gear Solid in PS1. Playing video game is part of my life. Until now I still playing especially online games like Mobile Legend and PUBG. But I only play in my free time and before I go to bed.

30. milavinc

milavinc New Member

I started gaming at the age of 6. At first, I played games on a Nintendo, you could play different types of games like mario cart, pokemon, etc. I really enjoyed play all the mario games, but mario bross was the first game I didn’t get tired of. I played it for month till I got my Wii