How old were you were you first used the computer

Discussion in 'Computers' started by springtech07, May 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. springtech07

springtech07 New Member

To some, the computer is a luxury device, while to some it is a common tool.
    We all know that the importance of the computer system cannot be over emphasized because of what we accomplish by using it,

For me, I was in the college/university when i first used the computer and i was about 22 years old.

The question is, how old were you when you first used the computer.

1 person likes this.
  2. JayCar

JayCar New Member

Remembering good old days. It was when I was on grade 6.I was 12 years old back then me and my cousin played pinball and we are reaching millions of points. We stayed awake the whole night beating each other points.

1 person likes this.
  3. tu2l

tu2l New Member

Thinking back as long as i could, i think i started using computer when i was in middle school back then i was a curious fellow so i tried many things and computer was one of them. It is the only thing which i still haven't stopped using i mean how could i stop using computer, it is the love of my life.

1 person likes this.
  4. thusi123qw

thusi123qw Member

well I'm from a middle class family so buying a computer was quite a big thing,but i really wanted one when i was about 14 years old,so my parents took a loan and bought it,and never went to a class or a diploma,now i'm perfectly able to do many things,that many people who even went to classes don't know to do in a computer hehe,so i guess the future is to be with computers,and the books will go away with the time,so i just have to say,get your computer guys,will help you a lot to move in the society,plus i do all my studies in my computer,and I'm a medical student,so that really helps me with animations and presentations in the university.

5. aditya8485

aditya8485 Member

The first time when i used a computer was when i was studying second standard. In our school we used to have access to a computer as they used to teach LOGO computer language and we also used to play games on the computer as well.

1 person likes this.
  6. sanjivmangaliag

sanjivmangaliag New Member

I was 7 years old when I first used the computer.

7. ariieskid

ariieskid Member

I was already exposed to a private school since kindergarten. Mostly private schools provide Computer subject, back then i was only taught by simple techniques in doing so. When i've gone to elementary in the 4th grade which i was 10 years old, i already know some advance things in the computter like typing in word document and Powerpoint presentation. When i was in highschool i also been exposed to computers. So i can really say i was expose and use computer in such a young age.

8. srki93

srki93 Member

I have used PC for the first time when I was 8 years old.

1 person likes this.
  9. git531

git531 Member

I was about 8 years old when i first used a computer and that was in my school. But the first computer my parents got for me was when i was 15 years old.

10. kroark95

kroark95 New Member

I was so tiny, I barely even remember the first time I used the family computer! I must've been around 2 or 3, and I apparently learned how to use the computer pretty quickly. Of course, I don't think I went on the internet or anything when I was that young, but I was definitely playing preschool games and things like that. I started using the internet around 12 or 13 (maybe younger?), mostly playing flash games and dress-up games to pass the time.

11. AngKool27

AngKool27 Member

I was 12 years old when i first used computer, and im so addicted that time im cutting classes and then go to computer shop playing addictive games,..and now I have my PC and I feel so boring using it:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

12. nathan1991

nathan1991 New Member

I was eight or nine when my father bought our first computer. The operating system that was installed in that computer was Windows 98. During those years, having a computer at home was an option. But nowadays, having two or more computer at home is a must.

13. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

When I was at my senior year in high school when computers were first introduced.

14. dwynn4441

dwynn4441 New Member

I was in 9 years old when I first use a computer. That was the year 1993 and our computer class then doesn't have an operating system, just the CMD or command prompt. We will need to insert a diskette to run a program. The screen was black and white and there were no mouse. In that early age we will need to familiarize with the command just to navigate and make the computer work. We have programs like for documents and spreadsheet back then. But as a kid, I have no idea what those were for. Still, we can played with it. We thought the it was a type writer so we are thinking that this is how they make the news paper. And by looking for the available fonts back then, that were the fonts they've use to make news papers.

I somehow witness the fast evolution of our technology from then up until now. I can say that all the commands I've learned before are still applicable up until now.

15. jhezz20

jhezz20 Member

I was twelve when i first used computer.

16. raffff

raffff New Member

14 years old, if I remember it correctly, it is a IBM computer, with a bulky system unit and much bulkier crt monitor. It requires DOS floppy disk to boot and another floppy disk for games and other application like Lotus123. Those days... lol

17. simonko

simonko New Member

6 years old. It was my grandparent's computer and I drew and printed some pictures in PAINT. Good old times

18. simonko

simonko New Member

6 years old. It was my grandparent's computer and I drew and printed some pictures in PAINT. Good old times

19. yetyet

yetyet Member

I was 13 years then. I remember that time our teacher asked our section to form a line and follow her until we reach a certain room. There we saw a computer set, then one by one she called our name to came in, I'm super excited!. It was my turn then I was so happy because I can finally hold a computer and then our teacher told me "Okay type you name by clicking this one then put a color on it by clicking this one then make it bigger by clicking this one", after that I went the room with a smile on my face. It was my first 5 minutes face to face with computer.

20. Kyan03

Kyan03 New Member

As I remember, I was at the age of seven (7) when I first used computer during our computer class way back in primary school days. We were taught of the basic components of computer and its uses. We were also taught the World Wide Web (www) and how to access the internet. And finally during recess time, we were taught how to play games such as brick game, text twist and color balloon. I miss those old days.

21. mbrnrd

mbrnrd Member

I was four or five

22. mkrisdc

mkrisdc New Member

If I remember correctly, I was 9 years old when I first used a computer. I was either in the 4th or 5th grade. I can't remember however, if I first used a computer at school or at home. If it was in school, I used it during our computer subject where we would be allowed to go to the computer laboratory once a week to be able to learn the basics of the computer and the usual tools and software like Microsoft Word, Excel, and Paint. If it was at home, I used it after my mom urged my dad to buy one since it has then become a necessity in completing projects and other school work. Although when it was new, I would mostly use it for playing games like Solitaire, Hearts, Minesweeper, or Paintball. :p

23. Lasheen123

Lasheen123 Member

I don't remember exactly, but I think I was 87or 8 years old. For me it was my ultimate experience.

24. azerty321

azerty321 New Member

I think I had it for the first time at the age of 12 years old as a birthday present and I still using it today. It is a Hewlett-Packard G250. However, I would like to buy a Macbook later.

25. dojemi10

dojemi10 New Member

I was 8 when I learned how to use a computer in playing the Prince of Persia and used it in it's full capacity when I was 9, learning computer programs in school.

26. pids18

pids18 New Member

I had my first computer when I was in my 6th grade, and I was 12 years old then. I still remember how my excitement feels. My first computer was sold to me second hand but it has really good specifications. Also, the day when we bought that, that's the day when I first learn how to use a computer.

27. Aileen635

Aileen635 New Member

I was either 15 or 16 the first time I used a computer. It was when my high school started having computer classes. Our very first lesson was about the parts of a computer and how to turn it on and off. It was an exciting experience and every time I look back on it, I can't help but marvel at how far computers have come.

28. kamal78

kamal78 New Member

I was only 18 when I first touched a computer.. in those days computers were expensive, I only had it in my school libary.

29. ikerman88

ikerman88 New Member

I was 10 when I used computer first time my parents put me on a class and after they buy one to me pratice that I learn on the class to be better e learn faster.
    Was a special moment in my life because the computer was very expensive and my parents had no much money to do that.

30. kycei

kycei New Member

I remember when i first started using the computer i was around 10 years old that is the time hen my mom first bought a laptop for me and my brother to use , But in other countries in Africa people reach an age of 30 without even knowing how to use a computer