How to be a guest writer

Discussion in 'Writing for Blogs' started by paulpro58, May 26, 2017.

1. paulpro58

paulpro58 New Member

I am trying to generate some traffic to my blog and I heard that guest blogging is a good way to do that. I am just a bit uncomfortable putting some of my best stuff on someone else's website. Why generate traffic for them? Does anyone have experience with this? Does it provide any benefits?

celyme likes this.
  2. dtcclarke

dtcclarke New Member

If you have a blog that is pre populated with content but lacks visitors then I suspect it may be a good idea.

How often have you been reading a website and then followed a link to another? If that second website is full of good content I can find myself there for hours reading through it all, particularly when the content is good and relevent.

In effect you are offering content to another blog in exchange for traffic to your own. Just ensure the other blog has the traffic to share in the first place :)

celyme likes this.
  3. Mintea

Mintea New Member

I agree , at the end of the day it's about trading for an ultimate purpose.

celyme likes this.
  4. celyme

celyme New Member

Congrats to you guys. I am new here. I have just joined. I want to write blogs, please shareme where to write the blogs. I cannot find it here. I also cannot find the platform in my dashboard, very complicated, yet so challenging. I like this site, the site moderator is always available. Thanks.

5. Rameshbabu

Rameshbabu New Member

Guest blogging is one of the great ways to drive a decent amount of traffic to your blog.

However, your idea of "Why should I write a great article for someone else's website" needs a little tweaking. Think about it the other way round. A decent piece instantly attracts several eyeballs and prompts them to check the article writer and his/her blog. People are hungry for quality content and so are the search engines. So, it's actually an advertisement for your blog, put in other words, an investment.

In any case, the blogs that invite guest bloggers to contribute, are mostly established in the blogosphere. They would only invite you if you fit their bill.

Several blog owners also pay a decent compensation for your work. You also get an author bio space, in which you can place a dofollow link of your website/blog. This gives valuable link juice to your blog and increases your blog's page rank in SERPs(Search engine result pages). Guest blogging is a win-win scenario. Good luck!

6. Owatta

Owatta New Member

I suggest new bloggers start out using guest writing to build exposure and clients from someone else
    that has the full blogging package. You may have to pay a small fee to use them, but in the end it will be worth it!

7. ewapc101

ewapc101 Member

Guest blogging is one of the best ways to expand your brand’s reach, yet it’s also one of the most under-utilized marketing strategies among business owners. The practice of guest blogging has come under fire over the past few years, largely because of how many marketers were using it as a way to generate loads of low-quality backlinks; and with Google’s Matt Cutts coming out strongly against this use of guest blogging, many marketers have given up this marketing strategy altogether.