How to heal a Broken Heart?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by JanizeAD, Apr 25, 2019.

1. JanizeAD

JanizeAD New Member

Falling in love is a wonderful feeling we cherish in our lives. But heartache is part of it, and we can't deny that it is really hard to move on if we experience break ups. In this situation, we need to be strong to face the truth that your relationship is over, he/she is not yours anymore. It's really painful if we learn to live our everyday life beside our ex. But time will come that all the pain and heartaches will be gone.Entrust our life to God and let Him guide us how to cope up with this painful moments.Do not cry because it's over, but be thankful because it happened.

Attached Files:

2. Alzack50

Alzack50 Member

Date yourself
    The Broken-hearted often struggle with remembering who they were before their recent break up. They see themselves in the Context of the relationship and forget that they were once fully functional, interesting and even desirable people when they were once single. Your relationship should not have defined you then and it certainly should not now. This is why i encourage you to rediscover yourself by dating yourself.
    "Dating yourself is a way for you to become more mindful of how you are telling, what is going on in your mind and why might behave in a certain way." It also, helps you get in touch with what you needs and wants are, Here are the step:

"Step 1: Set time aside to date yourself by scheduling it in. Make yourself a priority.
    Step 2: Decide what you are going to do with that time. Make sure if is something you want to do!
    Step 3: Engage in dating prep. Why should you only spend time getting all dolled up for someone else?
    Step 4: Go on the date with mindful presence... Be open to the experience, and enjoy the moment."
    To learn more about how to date yourself, check out my dating guide "Seeking Soulmate: Ditch the dating Game and Find Real Connection."

3. elecastillo

elecastillo New Member

To love is to be vulnerable and therefore easily hurt by the people we love the most. God designed us to love, for He loves Himself. For us to not love others causes a certain death deep inside of us.

Having your heart broken over a relationship is going to hurt. You could lose your appetite, as well as your desire to do much of anything but lay in bed and ache. It is possible that you may experience shortness of breath from crying. Your ribs may ache and your eyes may swell. It’s almost like your heart will burst. Confusion might rule your brain. You might feel as bad as you have ever felt. It seems no one can help you.

But don’t give up faith, and don’t lose hope.

As with other types of grief, grieving after a breakup can be done in a healthy way that points you toward healing without spiraling into bitterness, shame, or self-loathing. Believe that things will get better. Acknowledging the end of a relationship is tough, but there are other things to learn and know after a breakup that is more empowering.

Just as knowing that you’re not alone in your feelings can help you when things are at their worst, knowing that you can and will heal from a breakup can help you move forward. There are plenty of practical ways to start on a path to wholeness.

You can use your time wisely. Since you’re not spending time with your significant other anymore, it can be tempting to fill that time by wallowing in negative emotions like self-pity, rage, and bitterness.

There are lots of productive ways to use your time after a breakup. Some of the most effective ways are traveling, learning new things and helping others.

In traveling, Going somewhere new can be a healthy distraction from the places and routines that remind you of your boyfriend or girlfriend. Take a road trip with some friends, visit family, or visit a hometown landmark you’ve never seen before. Planning and enjoying a trip helps you feel more independent, and may broaden your horizons along the way.

Always remember, Know your Value. Because one of the most important things to remember when dealing with a breakup is that your partner’s negative words and feelings about you do not define your true worth. You had worth before and during the relationship. Your value cannot be damaged or diminished by a breakup, no matter how painful the end of the relationship feels.

And in learning something new, it is always fun and energizing. The sense of accomplishment it provides can boost your confidence and help you counter the negative emotions that come along with a breakup.

4. CeeJeey

CeeJeey New Member

They say time heals. I think so too. But it's not just time, you have to help yourself. Heal yourself. Learn to love yourself. For me, the first step in fixing a broken heart is learning to love yourself. When you love yourself you will also learn to heal yourself. Stay away from the those that broke your heart in the first place. Choose the people that you attach yourself with. Don't settle for less than what you deserve. Treat yourself. Do what you love and not what people expect from you.

Don't be afraid to start all over again. Life goes on. I know it hurts like hell and most of the time you feel like it'll be easier to just give up on life but believe me it's not. If you end your life it'll be just it. Done. But if you go on a lot of things are possible. The possibilities are limitless. So learn to fight and enjoy life once again. Learn to enjoy it without depending on someone else. You can be happy just by yourself too. Do what makes you happy. Start a new hobby.

With time you will learn to forgive. Don't forget but learn from it. Learn from that experience and make yourself a better person.

5. Move on. Be busy in other things. Meet new and old friends. Go visit around the world.

6. Only time can say if it is healed. Healing process takes time. A long long time.

7. How to heal a broken heart? Simple forget whats happen from the past and learn to move forward step by step. Get up to your room and stop crying.Love yourself. Pamper yourself ,go to salon, go shopping and roadtrip. Give yourself a time. A time to heal and forget the pain .

8. Start to learn yourself. Your self worth. Don't be fool. Once you accept what's happened ,your feelings become light. Unlike before, your heart is heavy full of sadness.

9. Be matured enough to take your responsibility to adjust and heal your heart.Love takes time. And broken can heal in time.

10. mayimayi

mayimayi Member

There are so many tips on how to heal a broken heart, scientist can even give you studies on how to heal it, psychologist can give you detailed ways on how to forget someone, but in reality, there is no easy way. It's very hard to move on from the love of your life. I know. Been there, done that.
    But you know what? Whatever you do, time will just heal everything. Just give yourself a time, drink if you must, get a total make over, get your Master's degree, travel alone, binge eating while watching netflix for weeks, or find new love, it's really up to you. No matter what you do, just love your self and discover yourself more, you will be good to go.

11. abentasal

abentasal New Member

I would like to share a quote from William Shakespeare's Hamlet: "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
    My point here is that the problem you have is not in the event, but in your THINKING about the event. Your heart actually continues to beat, so it's not broken, but your MIND is. When we are heartbroken, as we say it so, we tend to keep on thinking of the good times, the bad times together with that same person we have loved, and starts to ask stupid questions like, "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!", "WHAT LACK I YET?", and many more torturing questions that can never help us heal and move on. Because I believe with that thinking, we still trying to see a small spark of hope in these darkest hours.
    But the good news is that you can change your thinking! So its time for you to go back to the present because you have to know that you have been delusional! Because you were imagining things that your love could last forever and it turned out to be an illusion. That is a good thing. A very good thing. What you thought to be true was not true after all. You should see that now. ACCEPTANCE. I know, it's not that easy but there is no harm in trying. Now, What? What to do now knowing this?
    Change your behavior and your mind will follow. Let go! Let go of the past. Discard anything that can distract you from moving on. Pictures, shirt, handkerchief, a box of love letters, or whatever it is, throw it away from your sight. Burn it.
    And start acting that you are happy. Yes, ACT it. Fake it till you make it! Accept it that it was an experience--perhaps pleasant at the time, but not one made to last.
    When one door closes, a hundred doors open.

12. wkndroyal

wkndroyal Member

When you hear the term, broken heart, it mostly refers to those who have gone through a break-up in a relationship with a significant other. Broken hearts can also be caused by family members or friends who have chosen to hurt their loved ones by betraying them or giving up on something they are being helped with like relapse after rehabilitation from drugs, stealing, lying or committing a crime against a family member or close friend out of anger, frustration or jealousy.
    The only way to finding healing from a broken heart is to move on. Easier said than done. But it really is the only way. It's not instantaneous, but gradual as you learn to accept the unfortunate event that you had to go through. No amount of thinking can change what has already been done in the past, trying to analyze every single detail about what could have caused the events to come to this will only make you angry and frustrated, it disrupts your life having to rehash the pain and live through it each day, and moreover be filled with negative energy.
    Learning to accept the situation, to let go and move on is the only way you can find healing. Accompany that with your faith and prayers to God, you will find your strength and will-power to heal, to learn from the past, and entertain good positive vibes. After some time, depending on yourself, you will look back and know that there was a reason why you had to experience that pain, you will be better, and you will emerge as a stronger and wiser person.

13. dariusserolf

dariusserolf New Member

The only thing that you can heal your broken heart is that learn acceptance it is the only way you can make up to yourself , we are only temporary in this world people come and go we let other people love you but don't put your whole self to him/her we deserve what is best for us to feel the love we need dont waste the time thinking what wrong or it is me who lack of etc. or the fact that it hurts you a lot, make yourself free and open to possibilities make yourself focus on what you like to do and leave those things that remembers you from him or her and don't forget to communicate with God.

14. patokar

patokar New Member

The only thing that heals a broken heart is time. Allow yourself to grieve. Yes, you will grieve. A breakup is the death of a relationship so it's natural, and necessary, to go through all the stages of grief in order to heal. You will be angry, sad, and you will feel pain. It will hurt, at times, a lot.

When it's over give yourself the only gift that will heal you. Give yourself the gift of time.

15. LightPatch

LightPatch Member

You need to surround yourself with people who truly love you no matter who you are. Oftentimes, we forget that we are loved and there’s always someone that cares for us. You need their strength to support you in this situation.

You need also to think and evaluate your situation. What’s the main problem? Where did I go wrong? How can I improve myself? How could I solve this problem? By thinking this way, you can unlock the reasons why things happened that way and how you will prevent it in the future. Also, seek advice to those people that you trust to gain their perspective. Because knowing their insights helps you to understand the different perspective that you didn’t think of.

16. Lhits

Lhits Member

1. Go through it, not around it. I realize the most difficult task for a person with a broken heart is to stand still and feel the crack. ...
    2. Detach and revel in your independence again. ...
    3. List your strengths. ...
    4. Allow some fantasizing. ...
    5. Help someone else. ...
    6. Laugh. ...
    7. Make a good and bad list. ...
    8. Work it out.

17. nheilm2020

nheilm2020 Member

If you are a broken-hearted, the best thing you can do is simply admit it to God and for sure He'll heal all the wounds inside.

18. abby002

abby002 New Member

Healing a broken heart takes time but you have to be matured enough to endure all the pain and get through it. Love yourself first. Give time to yourself and pray to God and ask for guidance. Everything happens for a reason and we cannot control everything, all we have to do is to be brave to overcome what might happen. Be postive to attract positive life.

19. Miah123

Miah123 New Member

I think the best way to heal your heart is by letting go of the past and letting God for what happens next. Healing a broken heart is not easy but if you let yourself be surrounded by an environment that talks about God, it will surely help you to have a positive outlook in life and be able to overcome your situation which will make you a better person. Just remember that we can do all things through Christ.

20. yetyet

yetyet Member

Healing a broken heart is a day by day process. For me the best things to do first is to get on your feet back again and proudly accept the challenge. Have faith in God that He is with you in this fight and there's nothing to worry about. Now that you know that God is with you, have the courage to let go the pain and leave the past behind and make a new story of your life without those people who broke your heart. Forgive but never forget what they've done that's a reminder or yourself to not let your guard down again to them. Everyday is a blessing, just smile and continue living, it may not an easy process at first but slowly and slowly I know you can get there. Just pray and always have faith that everything will be fine in God's time.

21. Ayhie

Ayhie Member

Its not easy to heal a broken heart. It's a long way process before you can say your already healed and ready to open another door for another relationship. Its hard but we have to move on and do it one step at a time. You have to do first is love you self, it will give you self-confidence, self worth and it will help you think positive in life. It's time for to you pamper and take care of your self by going to spa and have a massage, have a new hair cut or go shopping for new clothes. You should find yourself more confident, not worrying as much about what others think. Second, keeping your self busy makes you forget for a while but it will help you coping, like going out with friend and have fun like you used to do. Be with friends helps a lot, they will you make forget your problems and ease your pain by telling them your thoughts and how you feel. And Third, bonding with your family like have a vacation, watch movie in cinema theater, go fishing, kayaking and more. Those activities will lessen your anxiety and with the support and love from your family I know you will heal and find another love you will cherish.

22. rohith0322

rohith0322 New Member

Grief is not the same for everyone, says Palumbo, and the best thing you can do for yourself is to give yourself permission to feel all of your sadness, anger, loneliness, or guilt.

“Sometimes by doing that, you unconsciously give those around you permission to feel their own grief, too, and you won’t feel like you’re alone in it anymore.” You just might find that a friend’s gone through similar pain and has some pointers for you.

23. SaimaElas

SaimaElas Member

Just accept the truth and feel the pain

24. Anj1018

Anj1018 Member

I guess healing a broken heart will always take time. Just feel your feelings. If you want to cry then cry, if you want to shout then shout. Most of the people advice is they will get through it or it will become better but before things actually becomes better, we need to accept what we feel and to naturally realize that we deserve better, that we too deserve to be treated with respect and love. I know for a fact that how ever long it will take for a person to be healed by a broken heart, he/she will realize it overtime and that is for the person to realize it on his own.

25. Larormie

Larormie New Member

I've had my heart broken too many times by people I loved, cherished, and trusted. It is indeed a different kind of pain to have your heart broken.

Don't pretend that you're okay if you're clearly not. For me, I think it's better if I let myself mourn and feel the pain. I cry and cry until I don't feel like it anymore. After a while of being sad, I grow tired of it and realize that there are more things in life that I have to encounter.

After this drastic time, I just always lift myself up by surrounding myself with love from family, friends, and pets. Always remind yourself of your value and not all things in life are permanent. This sadness is just temporary.