How to identify if an online job is legit or fraud?

Discussion in 'Website Management & Blogging' started by jiezle, Nov 20, 2017.

1. jiezle

jiezle New Member

As a freshman in doing online jobs, how would you know if it's real or not? I have a lot of thoughts right now puzzling me. Feel free to post your awesome or horrible experiences about online job :)

2. rachaeb

rachaeb New Member

I'd ask yourself a few of these questions:

What do they want you to do? Is is something too easy and good money wise to be true?
    What information do they need from me? If they want your card to give you the money, no!
    What do the reviews look like? There might be positive reviews from fakes or paid people, so you have to make sure and see what kind of things the reviews point out. Are they being vague or are they not talking about a negative thing that multiple other people have pointed out?

You can literally google, "is ___ a scam?" or "____ reviews". If a company name wasn't given to you, I'd say it's a scam. If there are no reviews or mentions on it in google besides it's own website, I would avoid it.

jiezle likes this.
  3. u365463

u365463 New Member

I agree. Now it is much easier to tell if an online job is legit, simply google the job and scam behind the name. You can also look it up on the BBB website. These days everyone makes blog reviews on companies to let you know if they are a scam or legit.

4. kennethmargaux

kennethmargaux New Member

Us being newbies at some point in about anything we pursue, one could never help but feel confused or frustrated in the beggining. Just like any of these, working through Online is one of the candidates that always make us ask "is it safe?" or "could this be a scam?".

I started not so long ago, Maybe about 12 months ago. However I always want to feel secure before I move a single finger to work for somebody in the virtual world and one easy way is to check the site's reviews and it's feedback.

Another thing I've noticed so far is when they start to ask for some money in exchange of the platform registration. Although not all, but more and more scams are rooted from these type of online jobs offering a quick and easy buck. Nothing is this world are generally easy. It only becomes easy If you love what you are doing despite the pressure.

5. Eden Carvajal

Eden Carvajal New Member

Search for reviews online. Many individuals shares their personal experienced in any specific website especially those scam site. That's the best thing you can do.

A lot of site looks really legit and credible. They will post some fake generated reviews on their site just to make them look trustworthy. They are easy to reach at first but after they got what they wanted from you, they are nowhere to be found and you will most likely to discover that your account has been banned.

To avoid being a victim you have to protect your worth and do some advance research.

6. TwinMomma

TwinMomma New Member

There are a few steps you can take to determine if an opportunity is legitimate or a scam.

1. Look for contact information. It is not a good sign if the only way a company has to contact anyone is an email.

2. Do a search for others with experience with the company. If there are only a couple people indicating it is a scam you may still be okay, it is possible that they are scorn because they didn't do what was required to get paid. However, if you begin seeing review after review saying it is a scam, run the other way.

3. Are they asking you for money? Legitimate jobs will not ask you for money to work, they are supposed to pay you remember? The exception would being buying into a franchise or a distributor program i.e. Avon.

4. Does it seem to good to be true? If it seems like you hit the jackpot it is probably a scam. Honestly, no one pays you $200,000 a year for part-time work.

Trust your instincts and check out any companies you would like to work for. There are enough legitimate ones out there, there is no reason to waste your time with scams.

7. JustaGuy2

JustaGuy2 New Member

The best way for me is to get a recommendation from a friend or family member that I know and trust.
    When someone like that tells me that the job is legit and that he has already tried it and earned a sum of money, I can be sure that the job is indeed legit.

Of course, if you don't know someone you trust who already knows and experienced this job, you can search online for the specific job that you are interested in.
    For example, if you are considering working on Fiverr, you can simply google: "is Fiverr legit" and as you will see in the results, there will be a lot of reviews about whether Fiverr legit or no. If the majority of reviews are good and reliable, then most likely it's legit.
    It is also important to make sure that the reviews are from reliable reviewers and not just from the site itself.

8. jiezlejimenea

jiezlejimenea New Member

Do some research.
    Let’s say a “recruiter” contacts you and wants you to apply for a job. They say that based on your skills and work experience, you’d be perfect for an open position.
    That doesn’t mean the job is legitimate (or the recruiter is who he claims to be). There’s nothing wrong with doing your due diligence on both the recruiter and the job. Conduct research online to see if you can find out any info on the recruiter/hiring manager to determine if they are indeed a real person. You should be able to find an online trail verifying the person, and, if not, you may want to reconsider if you want to move forward with the job process.

9. rome buendia

rome buendia New Member

If you are looking for a real online job then you should search the web first about of the top online job sites then look up the reviews and try to ask or email member of the site . Most of the legit websites have their own forum/page in fb or other sites and you should join that forum first and ask people questions you need to know the answer to .

10. JasonM02

JasonM02 New Member

There are a lot of blogs that make some reviews about online jobs if its legit. You just have to search the legit onlie jobs, but before signing up make sure that it is a legit and don't give you personal information. And good luck finding online jobs

11. Avtar Singh

Avtar Singh New Member

Always follow some legit bloggers and if they have mentioned about any online working opportunity.You can join the program without any tension because they care about their blog reputation and Not going to make people fool to make some cents as usual a lot guys do on youtube for survey completion to earn some dollars.But some research will make you more confident.

12. ryuji

ryuji New Member

There a few steps to check before apply online jobs, please find below a checklist

- Review the company's website: Look for address, telephone number. Check on google maps if the address is real and call the telephone number stated on company's website to confirm if the company is the real one.
    - Search on Google about the company: try to find some review or news about the company, usually there are some news about them. If you find a lot of information about scam company with the company's name, this will help you to not apply for them.
    - Check the registration data for the company: You can check on The International Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). It provides registration authorization for many websites domain names.

13. xxpalindromexx

xxpalindromexx New Member

It is an essential step for anyone interested in taking online jobs to verify the legitimacy of the jobs your planning to take. Probably the first and foremost thing you should do to check this is to read reviews and testimonials of people who are currently in this job or from people who have previously taken it. People who have fallen victim to scams and the like will almost always warn everyone about it and share their experience. If you encounter numerous reviews like this for the online job you're trying to get in, you should definitely stay off off it and find another one. However, if most of the reviews appear to be good and contain praises for the job, it should be a clear enough indication that you pursue it.

14. Heather O

Heather O New Member

Before signing up to any program it is best to do your own research. You can read reviews online, but can you really trust them. I personally like follow a few sites and read about their experiences first. Furthermore, it's best not to believe every thing you read online.

15. justkatie123

justkatie123 New Member

You have to think that you are not going to get free money. There is some catch. So if it looks too good to be true the it might be.

Saba Khan likes this.
  16. whatmailenthinks

whatmailenthinks New Member

Do a little bit research online before getting in. Reviews and the environment itself will explains. The validation process for payroll is simpler with no fees.

Saba Khan likes this.
  17. Saba Khan

Saba Khan New Member

18. Natacia Conner

Natacia Conner New Member

There are many things I look into to determine whether a job is fraud or not. I look up the BBB ratings. I research the company's history. I look for reviews from previous employers on sites such as Glass Door, Indeed, and even Google. I study the job description, if it is too good to be true then it most likely is. If they ask for payments right away then that is a huge sign. Also, if during the interview process they show little to no interest in your resume or in you that is a sign. Last, if they ask for loads of personal information right away and the application does include typical questions such as your basic demographics, EEOC questions, or previous work history, that is is a huge sign!

Saba Khan likes this.
  19. Joseph2184

Joseph2184 New Member

I have some knowledge on how can we know if the online jobs that we are in to are real or not. We must ask ourselves if this online business such as network marketing has product or products that are being sold for the people who desire the product. Secondly, we must confront ourselves if it is only pyramiding, which means the only income that the members are profiting are through the investment of the downlines that the uplines referred. If it is pyramiding networking , therefore it is not real or scam.

Saba Khan likes this.
  20. owenbush

owenbush New Member

When it comes to online jobs, it is always about researching more about an opportunity before working for a company. The common way of knowing that it is a fraud, check the compensation you get for the work. If it seems unrealistic, then you are likely to be scammed. Some might even ask you for payment or subscription before you get the job. You do not have to pay anything to get the job. Check out forums or blog posts that have reviewed job opportunities from such a company before committing your time and resources.

Saba Khan likes this.
  21. Ecuador

Ecuador New Member

Honestly, the best advice that I ever heard was, "If it's too good to be true, then it probably is." There was one job I almost took that was offering $15/h. I didn't take after I did some research and found out that the company basically makes you do hours of unpaid testing and then fires you after a month. So just keep your head up and don't be a fool.

Saba Khan likes this.
  22. VinceB617

VinceB617 New Member

Just do some research about the sites you find befkre you make an account or enter. That way you will be safe when it comes to looking for online jobs.

Saba Khan likes this.
  23. tikosi tina

tikosi tina New Member

Good jobs are not that easy to find.I have wondered many times,if a job is real or a scam...Sometimes,it can be hard to tell the difference.That is why I think it is good to use job sites that have privacy policies and only allow verified employers to view the job boards.When an employer contacts you,before you agree to an interview,do your research online.If it is a real company,you will find information about it.Finding information about the company does not guarantee that the company is legit,but if you can't find any information,it's a scam.

Saba Khan likes this.
  24. redpalm

redpalm New Member

there is no 100% guarantee in investment. there is a cliche that says experience is the best teacher, you can learn in other mistakes or by experiencing by yourself. Only invest what you can afford to lose. invest a very low amount that you can afford to lose.

25. Norris

Norris New Member

You need to carry out a lot of research on review sites. It may also be helpful to watch some review videos on YouTube. However, I have just one warning on reviews. You need to be very careful. I have seen some reviewers who give a negative review about certain a product and at the same try to promote another scam product.

26. xlr8_14

xlr8_14 Member

First of all you have to check the URL,the legit online jobs URL start with 'https://" and conduct some research,watching videos in YouTube about that website.Anyway there is a lot of a sites or blogs who revealed some secrets whether it is legit or scam.
    Take note research first before entering those sites.

27. JM D Looper

JM D Looper New Member

For me if its too good to be true then it probably is. . .

28. red palm

red palm New Member

An online job is a fraud if

1. Too Good to be True: Good jobs are hard to find. Like your mom always said, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

2. You’re asked to provide confidential information.

3. They want you to pay for something. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money. If you’re told that you need to purchase software or pay for services, beware.

29. karachristine1984

karachristine1984 New Member

What sort of places have you found work at in the past 12 months? Which ones would you say pay the best?

30. Noel Angeles

Noel Angeles Active Member

Google the site first for scam alerts and reviews then you may search the site for encashment threshold if it's high like if it's more than $100 then it's a scam. Legit Sites usually have a withdrawal threshold from as low as $0.02 to $100 but most have it below $10. Also if it promises you an unreasonably high income for a very easy task then chances are it's a scam and you won't be able to withdraw your money from it.