How to keep safe our files on the computer?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by nheilm2020, Aug 15, 2019.

?

Do you think our files on the computer are safe?

1. yes

2. no

3. it depends

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. nheilm2020

nheilm2020 Member

A computer has the capability to store huge data.

1 person likes this.
  2. rextrip

rextrip Member

Regularly backup your files . If a
    virus infects your operating system, it's often necessary to completely wipe your computer and reinstall programs. One can also use an external hard drive. Store files in the cloud. As well as Controlling access to your files. And most importantly you have to encrypt your hard drive.

2 people like this.
  3. nheilm2020

nheilm2020 Member

Thanks for your insights. So, do I need to purchase for a hard drive? How many bytes should I purchase?

4. Onleet

Onleet New Member

I answered in the poll that it depends. Many of my files are protected behind first a pin to even access my computer. If someone can't figure that out, they aren't able to even log into my computer. Second, many of my files are protected by other files, as well as encryption. I also have backups saved on hard drives and private emails. Overall, in general the protection of one's computer depends solely on the person for the most part. The next part are the measurements they take for those protections.

5. nheilm2020

nheilm2020 Member

Thank you so much for the information.

1 person likes this.
  6. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Basically you should back up important files.

1 person likes this.
  7. mrezaba

mrezaba Member

I actually copy every file in the drives…
    as i have 3 drives in my pc
    C drive , D drive and F drive..
    C drive is reserved for windows
    and in the D drive,i make folders of the common file type..for example there’s a folder whose name is “All photos and wallpapers”,that shows only picture files are in the folder…
    and similarly for the text files,music,videos i have the seperate folder in the D drive
    now in the last drive that’s F..
    I use to store games,Softwares,downloads,fonts,backup and study related things..
    and there’s also a folder named “use me”to copy and paste random files…

that’s it…

& the most important thing i use to store everything like this in the drives because in case of any failure or crash,i can backup all the things very easily otherwise everything will lose if it is stored in desktop or somewhere else.

1 person likes this.
  8. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

1. Regularly backup your files. If a virus infects your operating system, it's often necessary to completely wipe your computer and reinstall programs. ...
    2. Use an external hard drive. ...
    3. Store files in the cloud. ...
    4. Control access to your files. ...
    5. Encrypt your hard drive.

1 person likes this.
  9. Teachergeorge

Teachergeorge New Member

Files are generally safe if the Computer has an Anti-virus, updated Operating System, regular Back-up in the email in addition the cloud. Different folders however need to be established in order to specify or categorize the files for easier update and retrieval.