How to live long?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by rishsin420, Jun 25, 2013.

1. rishsin420

rishsin420 New Member

someone once told me that health = long life

it can, and they are often associated together, but there are many who smoke a pack a day and somehow live past 100 years

then there are many who do everything right, work out, eat well, but get cancer,heart attack,etc and die young

if this is the case, what should i do to ensure long life?

i would like to live long

does diet have anything to do with it?

amount of exercise?

stress levels?

drugs?

or is it just genetics?

2. Barbara yyz

Barbara yyz New Member

I really agree with Junvel that our life is borrowed from God. You may keep a healthy diet and do regular exercise to make your body feel better, but how can you decide what will happen to you next minute? A car accident or a cancer? So be grateful for every new, safe and rich day.:)

3. resinFiend

resinFiend New Member

If we go by the advice of Okinawa, whose old people usually live upwards of ten years after age 100, the secret is: eat lots of eel.

4. rahulpaaji

rahulpaaji New Member

Age is only a number. As they say, it's not in the age it's the mileage. Some of the routine stuff in life can make you merry. Eat simple, light, meditate and exercise. Most importantly, keep smiling. Only when you stand tall in crisis, real character is displayed.

5. Jodi-Ann Walker

Jodi-Ann Walker New Member

Well, while watching the television I found out that persons who live long usually consume foods rich in calcium. Scientists have studied groups of people who have no cancer, no heart disease, or any other form of chronic illness and have found out that persons who consume foods rich in calcium are not usually exposed to these illnesses and they live a long life.

6. naveeda

naveeda New Member

Green leafy vegetables, fruits, salads, grains and legumes boost our energy. Regular exercise and positivity can lead to longer life. We should avoid foods with high sodium, sugar and trans fat, which can cause excessive obesity, diabetes, stroke and heart attack. Maintaining healthy diet and meditation play major role in longivity.

7. kixapolinar

kixapolinar New Member

Just leave it to God. You need to make sure that we don't have a full control in our life. God is the only one who knew our time of death. He knows everything, so don't live as if you are the reason why you are still alive today. There's God in heaven who have a complete control in our life.

8. janden02

janden02 New Member

How? Start a healthy life style. Making a few changes in your life can make you live longer. STOP smoking and drinking too much alcohol. Stress free exercise daily, eat healthy foods that's the best way to live longer smile often.

9. senoanna

senoanna New Member

If you're looking to live a longer, healthier life, you'll need to live a balanced one. It's true what they say—too much of anything will kill you. Living a balanced lifestyle is all about being physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually healthy. It's not just about cutting out the bad stuff and focusing on physical fitness, as these tend to be the first factors to come to mind when talking about health. In order to live not just a lengthy, but also comfortable lifestyle, one needs to consider every single aspect of holistic wellness.

Indeed, it is difficult to imagine how being spiritually, socially, and mentally fit could possibly affect our overall health and, in the long run, the number of years we add on to our lives. However, much research has shown tremendous links to mental and emotional illness and physical illness.

10. Jonasaguilar

Jonasaguilar Member

You probably already know this secret of how to live longer. “Smoking cessation is the single most important action that an individual can take regardless of age, It’s the leading preventable cause of death in the philippines or other countries. In addition, “smoking literally causes internal damage to your genetic code as well as blood vessels and multiple organ systems.” And although vaping may be used as a tool to help smokers quit, but the safety is not guaranteed so it’s better not to start.

11. iansilvino18

iansilvino18 Member

Don't smoke.
    Although your best plan to live longer is to adopt all four lifestyle factors, if you had to choose one, the researchers say, this is it.

12. songbird11

songbird11 New Member

Sadly, while we see statistical indications of certain behaviors/diets leading to a healthier lifestyle, there is no cut and dry formula that humans can just follow for assured good health. Life is too random for that...
    In fact, one of the longest living women was an absolute lover of sweets! She'd eat sugary chocolate every day.
    And just from my personal experience, some of the longest-living people in my family were chronic smokers.

13. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Eat healthy.
    Exercise regularly.
    Avoid drugs and alcohol.
    Manage stress.
    Get enough sleep.
    Maintain positive outlook.

14. joanarc321

joanarc321 Member

How to live long depends on the lifestyle you have today. Eat healthy foods like vegetables, fruits and protein. Do not eat sugary foods and drink sodas. Avoid yourself in vices like smoking and drinking alcohol. Don’t get stressed and always surround yourself with positive people. Drink lots of water and sleep for 8 to 10 hours daily.

15. ginaneriza

ginaneriza New Member

Living a long life means you should know how to take care of yourself, you should know the good and bad effect on what you should need to eat everyday and exercise is a must for you to live long, and definitely stay happy and focus on positive thougths.

16. michpiong

michpiong Member

I am not a doctor nor an expert about it but I believe that there are ways to make our lives longer. We should drink a lot of water, sleep and wake up on time, eat healthy foods, and have an exercise. The best way to live longer is prevention by living healthy.

17. snesz08

snesz08 Member

To live long you should avoid unhealthy habits. eat fruits and vegetables. don't stress your stress from negative things and people. enjoy and relax with your family and friends. be contented for what you have and don't complain. appreciate things in life. enjoy your life to the fullest because you only live once.

18. gwenmariecar

gwenmariecar New Member

I want to live long too and stay healthy when I get old. So, I start researching the things that I can do every day to live a healthy lifestyle. So, I want to share with you my personal daily routine. I start by doing intermittent fasting. Meaning; i don't eat 16 houWhen I wake up in the morning, I make tea, coffee,

19. Isakft

Isakft Member

Take care of yourself and your body. Your mental health is very important. Just enjoy life, have a blast, and trying to be as "healthy" as possible doesn't always mean living longer, but it will for sure make your lasting life better.

20. catherineacorda

catherineacorda New Member

Fruits and vegetables are part of a well-balanced and healthy eating plan, whose benefits do not only extend to weight loss. Diets rich in fruits and vegetables may reduce the risk of chronic diseases and some types of cancers. Fruits also prove to be an abundant source of vitamins and minerals, reducing chances of various deficiencies and keeping your immunity robust.
    To lose weight, therefore, you need to consume lesser calories than what your body burns and create a calorie deficit. This certainly does not mean that you need to ‘eat less food’. All you need to do is swap high-calorie ingredients in cooking your dishes to low-calorie ingredients such as fruit substitutes. As most fruits are naturally low in calories and high in fiber, they serve as volume enhancers in your favorite dishes minus the excess calories.

21. neneth

neneth New Member

How to live longer? Here are those four factors, all within your control.

1. Don't Smoke.
    Although your best plan to live longer is to adopt all four lifestyle factors, if you had to choose one, the researchers say, this is it.
    2. Maintain a Healthy Weight.
    The healthiest people in the study maintained a body mass index (BMI)—a ratio of height to weight that measures body mass—of less than 25.
    3. Get Up and Move.
    Aim for about 30 minutes of activity a day most days of the week. Try breaking it into three 10-minute bouts of activity per day—a 10-minute walk in the morning, another at lunch and a stroll after dinner.
    4. Make Healthy Food Choices.
    The study found that the healthiest people followed a Mediterranean-style diet. That means a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, tree nuts with healthy oils, fish (and less red meats), whole-grain carbs and olive oil for cooking.

22. Majae

Majae New Member

You will live long if you live a fantastic life. Live life, love a lot, laugh more and most importantly always be grateful to God in every single blessing you received everyday. Never forget to thank him for every new day added to your life because we always owe Him our life.

23. Chepie

Chepie New Member

It’s disappointing that we can’t drink from the fabled fountain of youth, but the good news is that most of us are born with a good shot at living a long life: Only about 25 percent of age-associated disease is genetically determined. That means that our environment and lifestyle choices are much stronger predictors of how long we will live. In most cases, those are factors that we can significantly influence—and they alone could be the ticket to dancing circles around your ninetieth birthday.

Little lifestyle tweaks may not feel like much, but they have a powerful payoff. Consider the potential of exercise to up your longevity: A couch potato’s heart and lungs carry about 2 percent less oxygen to the rest of the body a year after age 30, while a same-age person who burns 3,000 calories a week through aerobic exercise can expect to lose only half of one percent of his heart-and-lung capacity each year (at least until age 80 or 90). Since every cell in the body needs oxygen to function and stay healthy, this single difference in lifestyle works out to a potential 50-year difference in life expectancy.

Most of what you can do to live a long and healthy life is common sense—and some of it is just plain fun. Though some suggestions may seem simple, their impact can be tremendous.

24. yograj

yograj Member

As per my opinion, one should follow the golden rules given below:
    1. Eat a balanced diet to ensure required intake of all essential nutrients.
    2. Eat limited quantity to avoid extra calorie.
    3. Always do some light exercise like walking, jogging etc.
    4. Behave wisely and follow rules and regulations to avoid stress.
    5. Maintain social relations to remain cheerful.
    6. Try to help someone to feel satisfaction.
    7. Sleep well for 7 to 8 hours.
    8. Play some outdoor games, preferably with children.
    9. Hear the music of your choice.

25. Alzack50

Alzack50 Member

Keep eating healthy foods
    Do exercise regularly and avoid drugs and alcohol
    Avoid peoples who puts you in negavity that can affect to your life
    And always pray thats the most important and make god center of your life

26. liqiang2018

liqiang2018 New Member

吃好喝好
    热爱运动
    很多朋友,很多熟人
    保暖
    经常喝水。按时上床睡觉
    享用美味的早餐

27. vebselpo

vebselpo Member

In order to live long be with the people that gives you a happy soul that's the no.1 secret. Next, eat healthy foods such as green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish and nuts. Avoid fatty foods, soda, powdered juice, processed foods, sweets and finger foods. Once in a while you can go for a cheat day. Meditation is also important so you can have peaceful mind and for relaxation. Exercise is also vital to have a long life. Running or just walking will do to keep your blood circulating. Remember health is wealth. You can live long if you are healthy.

28. Javeskie

Javeskie New Member

Let me share you with our secret as a Christians, although it is not a secret since it can be refer and found in the Bible.

There's what we called "NEWSTART" that stands for; Nutrition, Exercise, Water, Sunlight, Temperance, Air and Rest then last is Trust in the Lord.

So basically each one is a step for a good quality life and yes to prolong life.
    Nutrition - is you know eating organic and natural foods like more veggies thus less artificial man-made foods.
    Exercise - is not just a random leg day but a routine for the body's benefits. Muscles, Cardio and Fat should be balanced.
    Water - our body's system and organs need it for proper daily functions. Eight glasses a day or more is good but not too much.
    Sunlight - just as most living being here on earth it needs sunlight. The purpose of exercise is primarily outdoors hence we can be exposed of the sun's glorious sunlight. Lots of vitamin D can be activated for better immunity.
    Temperance - many people in this era have lose the ability to be more human and to feel human. Most of us are prideful, jealous and even violent which will then casts us away from being a good tempered person. Temperance is one of good life.
    Air - is the most important component of all our lives, without it in a fraction of minutes all of us will die. So start refreshing your minds in the forest or in the countryside where clean air and silence, temporarily disconnects us fro the negative influences of the society and experiencing solemnity while breathing clean fresh air.
    Rest - is the second most important component in the body. The circadian rhythm tells our body when to activate or deactivate several functions in the body; hormones, sleep pattern, etc. If this was highly disrupted over the years, growth of cancers and cysts would be inevitable.
    Trust - last but not least is trust in the Lord, even if you're an atheist you can still trust even without a Supreme Being by trusting yourself and trusting your neighbor hoping you can have a better relationship with them with disregard to their appearance and weaknesses. So my Christian brethren trusting the Lord is the key, no matter how sick nor healthy we might be nor happy nor sad might be feeling. Do all actions in the glory of God and trust His heart and promises, He will be with you.

29. Eat healthy foods and vegetables. Drink 8 glass of water. Exercise or jogging every morning. And always smile.

30. sbarsbar

sbarsbar New Member

I think a good way to start this is to channel our minds to live longer. I have watched a short interview about this, and what the speaker told about longevity is to actually avoid stress. This is so because avoiding stress will make your body aura be at its equilibrium. He adds that one thing to never forget is to enjoy what you do because this way you make the kind of stress you have bearable as it is by fact inevitable.