How To Manage Your Anger?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by happybear, Jul 22, 2017.

1. happybear

happybear New Member

Anger is one of the seven deadly sin because it can lead to commit a crime. If we are angry we are prone to do unwanted actions or decisions that we will regret at the end. It is better that we know how to control our emotions the best that we can so that anger will not cause us a problem.
    In my personal experience, when I am angry to someone, I prefer not to speak. I just show it through facial expression and other body gestures. I also tried deep breathing to hold my anger and let my faith in God prevails. And after one or a couple of days, all are okay. Although sometimes I say harsh words that I silently regreted. Saying sorry will be the way of reconciliation. In this case, I am referring to the persons I encounter mostly everyday like family and friends. It is quiet different when I got angry to a totally stranger persons. Well, it depends on the situation. Sometimes I let it just pass and pray for their souls. But there are also times that you feel that they push you to your limits. In this case a problem cause by anger exist. I am thankful that I never experience and I don't want to experience problem brought by anger.
    I know that anger is just a normal emotions. Everybody is entitled to be angry. The bottomline is you know how to control it and know when you should stop.

Andrew Leith likes this.
  2. Youcanaffordit

Youcanaffordit New Member

If you focus on what you think about yourself you are off to a good start.
    People can’t make you angry if you adopt this strategy.
    Next strategy is to develop a healthy self image of yourself.
    If you block out external views and focus on your inner belief and love you will really cut down on anger issues.

happybear likes this.
  3. Krisha

Krisha New Member

I deal with anger by closing my eyes and start imagining that I am eating lasagna on my own island then I start counting from 1-10 then I open my eyes and I have already forgotten what happened. It really works for me I don't know if it will work to anyone but you should give it a try.

4. Derk789

Derk789 Member

I meditate, I do yoga and I use a technique called 'alternate nostril breathing'. Basically, what you do, is you close one nostril with one finger, you breathe with the other nostril and when you breathe out, you close the other nostril and you breathe again. Just repeat this process until you're calm.

5. Rebara

Rebara New Member

First of all, I realize that it is just a feeling and as long as I don´t feed it with energy from my heart it won´t grow. People get angry because they they face the disagreement on something they care about or affects them.
    Then I feel as much as I am at the moment able and it gradually weakens. I repeat the mantra: "I love you, I thank you." several times and after it I focus my mind on the present moment.

Gaj likes this.
  6. Gaj

Gaj New Member

All of us got angry, we cannot escape that kind of personalit as a person. There are many circumstances that we can get angry, one of those is when our Wants, Likes and Needs cannot be done or cannot be grandted with someone. The sad truth. I can manage my anger by taking a very deep breath, and think something possitive or something better to conquer those angriness that i felt.

7. priyalqwert

priyalqwert New Member

Just remember one thing everyone is fighting their battle .let's say you are angry with your mom and you want to shout to her then just think twice she is already putting so much work for you and you want to shout at her .So before you say words in anger just think that the other person also has his own battles and count to 10 helps.

8. Vivekananda

Vivekananda New Member

Anger is the gape out of events occurring abnormally. What is abnormal to oneself may be normal to some others while few feign ignorance. It is for those that feel abnormal that vent out the feelings of experiencing the abnormality by way of anger. While some of them keep the anger to themselves, others put the anger to action. When action comes into being leading to violent or uncalled for behavior that is when the actual meaning of anger is felt. Remorseful thinking may take place or assertion of whatever happened leads to further glorification of such reactive acts.

If anger leads to negative response and frequent angering has become the order of the day, then the control measure should come into force. Else, one can spoil the life to a total wretch. Well said that 'Prevention is better than cure'! Therefore, one should practice such methods of curbing anger or controlling anger so as to avoid inflicting unnecessary blows to self or others. Not only the angry person but the dependents if any are put to untold experiences which may be totally avoidable if given afterthought. No point in burning the fingers and dipping in cold ice.

A person who is always prone to get angry most of the time and instantaneously, must practice ways and means to not get angry irrespective of the provocation. Over ages and time passed by, we have only seen how anger led to mass annihilation and many a times, it is a small forgetful incident that leads to a big and regretful war. With war like situation prevailing everywhere, most of us seem losing patience and therefore, being as patiently as possible shall lead to happy surroundings and happier life. Annihilate anger rather repenting later. Control emotions by being thoughtful to put off the friction.

9. yemzy

yemzy New Member

My best response so far to anger is to walk away.It always works for me all the time,There are times I would really want to react,But I first control myself and ultimately walk away from the scene.Anger really destroys things and I find myself really awful when I am angry,so instead of saying things I would regret and overreacting,I simply walk away.

10. Joselito

Joselito New Member

Just turn your back on what the "devil" is trying to say to you. And close your eyes, think a positive way you can escape the "flame" on your chest.

Everything is possible, and for me, I just "swallow" the anger in me.

11. Honeymeds

Honeymeds New Member

The best response to anger for me is to take a moment collecting your thoughts before saying anything. When you're in this situation, it is very easy to say things that you'll regret later. Never focus on what made you mad and work on resolving the issue instead.

12. Pearl18

Pearl18 New Member

I can manage my anger by simply calming my self and think some good thougths. That way my anger will ease.

13. rotzach0925

rotzach0925 New Member

Handling anger or simply anger management is something all matured persons should learn. It all depends too on the situation wherein you are pushed to get provoked by someone. As for me, getting a few short breaths and counting numbers 1-10 in reverse helps. Though this is not easy as it sounds but somehow it will give me time to think and reason out logically.

14. bonketybonk

bonketybonk New Member

Anger's just an emotion; it's not something you have to fear or manage. Implying you have to control how you feel instills in you a fear of your feelings and fearing your feelings is an extremely dangerous thing to do. It's okay to be angry. Negative emotions are good things sometimes, and positive emotions are bad things sometimes.

15. Mayet14

Mayet14 New Member

Managing my anger means doing our laundry. I think I can wash all our dirty laundry when I'm angry. It's my way of releasing my anger. Haha!

16. eurestic

eurestic New Member

I usually try to distance myself from what is making me angry first and calm down before taking any action. Everything you do while being angry is usually messy and will turn out to be something you will regret doing after the anger has passed. It sounds silly, but to calm down I drink, or maybe it would be more accurate to say "eat", ice. I live in a rather hot city so when something annoys me I usually just get pretty bothered by the heat and lose focus; the ice helps me cool down, literally!, and get a new perspective before acting rashly.

17. Bea Plantar

Bea Plantar New Member

1. Think before you speak

In the heat of the moment, it's easy to say something you'll later regret. Take a few moments to collect your thoughts before saying anything — and allow others involved in the situation to do the same.

2. Once you're calm, express your anger

As soon as you're thinking clearly, express your frustration in an assertive but nonconfrontational way. State your concerns and needs clearly and directly, without hurting others or trying to control them.

3. Get some exercise

Physical activity can help reduce stress that can cause you to become angry. If you feel your anger escalating, go for a brisk walk or run, or spend some time doing other enjoyable physical activities.

4. Take a timeout

Timeouts aren't just for kids. Give yourself short breaks during times of the day that tend to be stressful. A few moments of quiet time might help you feel better prepared to handle what's ahead without getting irritated or angry.

5. Identify possible solutions

Instead of focusing on what made you mad, work on resolving the issue at hand. Does your child's messy room drive you crazy? Close the door. Is your partner late for dinner every night? Schedule meals later in the evening — or agree to eat on your own a few times a week. Remind yourself that anger won't fix anything and might only make it worse.

This might be a help

18. Ryan33

Ryan33 New Member

How to manage (Common) Anger?

Walk Out. Be alone. Calm down. Pray

Firstly, you need to go away.
    Leave the person that makes you mad.
    Once you left, you will ease your eyes from unpleasant site.

Secondly, be alone in a quiet place to ease your ears from bad conversation.

Third, ease your heart and mind.
    Once you are already calm,
    think over and make a solution to the problem.

Lastly,
    Pray for forgiveness and protection.
    Pray for the person who make you mad
    and ask God to enlighten his heart.

19. febe

febe New Member

Every time I get mad, I just keep my mouth shut to avoid saying painful things and making decisions that I might regret in the end. It takes a lot of self-control to do this especially when I am provoked and on the verge of bursting but I always pray for God's help to deal with this appropriately.

20. nino gerson

nino gerson New Member

How to manage Anger??
    For me there are 7 ways.
    1. Go away to that person as far as you can.
    2. Release your tension anyways you can like shouting or punching a punching bag.
    3. after you have released everything calm down And Pray
    4. Ask GOD to forgive you for your anger and ask God to Let his peace reign.
    5. Ask GOD to enlighten the person just as he did to you.
    6. Seek forgiveness to the person and tell that person that you don't want that thing to happen again.
    7. And as the Word of GOD says Ephesians 4:26 " In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.."

21. peppy8

peppy8 New Member

Pause.
    Breathe.
    Close your eyes.
    Pray.

22. jackeh

jackeh New Member

Everybody gets angry, but out-of-control rage isn't good for you or those around you. when i can`t control my anger,
    I may get into shouting or debating but in other ways I know how to manage my anger. First I need to relax and calm myself if I want to talk. second I Simply put, cognitive restructuring means changing the way you think. third find a solution. If you can't find a solution, focus on how to handle and face the problem.

23. AlexJea

AlexJea New Member

i can manage my anger by watching korean movies. lol and cooking. But the best way of managing my anger is playing with my daughter, she's so charming. Right now she's learning how to sing by the say she's only 1 year old and 3 months. Really amaze me. I can say that whenever I'm mad or angry I want to see my daughter, while saying her baby talk. i want to bring her in the park and explore many things.

24. Cesar Pineda

Cesar Pineda New Member

In life there are reasons to get angry but its up to you how will you handle your anger. For me everytime I feel angry, I'll stop, then breath inhale and exhale. And I'll think of the positive side. Because its better to relax and avoid the reason of your anger than to explode and say a bad words to others. It will only hurt you and other people that sorrounds you.

25. Cesar Pineda

Cesar Pineda New Member

There are reasons why people got angry. We only have different ways to handled iur anger. For me when i feel angry I just stop and relax. Breath inhale and exhale. I focus on the positive side and walk away from the reasons of my anger. I choose not to say anything because when we are angry we can say a bad words yhat can hurt the people that sorrounds us. It is hard to do or say anything that at the end we will regret of saying that. I choose to relax and stay calm.

26. Karen020588

Karen020588 Member

Always think of the person who you feel Anger, we should taket note that we dont know what other people goes through, i mean their problems, their struggles, their sacrifices. You should think of the possible way to turn anger into admire. Anger will not give us possitive living.. Well infact it cannot make us beautiful, so instead of feeling That Anger, just Smile, and think of the good things.

27. rjay

rjay New Member

The best way to manage anger is to hold down your temper and calm yourself. Anger isn't always the solution to every trials and troubles. Anger only leads to negative outcomes. If a person prevails his anger then it would lead to worst situations like crimes.

28. MeshiKun

MeshiKun New Member

Usually when I'm angry, I go to a quiet place and start to meditate for about 15 minutes. I don't think of anything else. Just focus on breathing. It really helps me a lot to cooldown and assess my situation and learn the main reason why I'm angry.

29. Bang127

Bang127 New Member

Anger is a natural emotion. Mild forms of anger include displeasure, irritation or dislike. Anger can come as a reaction to criticism, threat, or frustration. This is usually a healthy response. Anger may be a secondary response to feeling sad, lonely or frightened. When anger turns into rage, it can impair judgment and thinking, making people more likely to do and say unreasonable and irrational things. Anger may happen instinctively in humans and other animals to protect territory, offspring and family members, secure mating privileges, prevent loss of possessions or food, and other perceived threats.Focusing on the solution, not just the problem is more likely to resolve the issue.
    Letting go of the resentment helps, because bearing a grudge fuels the anger and makes it harder to control. Other people are the way they are, and accepting this can help. It is better to avoid harsh, sarcastic humor, but good humor can help to dissolve anger and resentment.Getting at least 7 hours of good quality sleep every night contributes to good mental and physical health.

30. BILLWRITER

BILLWRITER New Member

ANGER MANAGEMENT? See a doctor, but simpler ways... exercise, meditation, hit a punching bag!