How to monetize your blog?

Discussion in 'Website Management & Blogging' started by Dusan Ilic, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Dusan Ilic

Dusan Ilic New Member

I am really interested in blogging, mainly fitness blogging, because I am very passionate about fitness and bodybuilding, and I am learning and training for five years. I want to start my own blog, but I need a few tips.
    -Where I can buy best hosting,and domain?
    -What are the best ways to monetize my blog?
    -How you monetize your own blog (if you have one) ?
    Leave any other suggestion if you like.

2. Glenly Dy-cok

Glenly Dy-cok New Member

hello, Dusan, as far as my self is concern, I have a little knowledge about blogging, will.. where is the best hosting and domain? I think go Daddy is one of the best. and how to monazite your blog? I think you need to sign up to google adsense, then plug in it to your website., plug in as well mail chimp, to collect subscribers email. I think if you got 1k viewers who visited your blogs then thats the starting point.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  3. O Empreendedor

O Empreendedor New Member

As far as hosting is concerned, I can give you a couple of recommendations:

Namecheap - Pretty low investment and solid customer support team.
    InMotion - A little more expensive, but also provide you with A LOT of premium solutions.

When it comes to monetization, this has been the path for the people who earn the most in the blog world:

1. Ads
    - Start with Google. Once you have enough traffic, there are more profitable networks you can join.
    2. Affiliate marketing - Excellent margins, as it's pretty easy to implement once you have traffic.
    3. Your own products or services - You need not only traffic, but credibility. You'll need to invest some of your own money, but you'll also earn more.

I won't get into marketing strategies and distribution channels...
    Just focus on your audience and try to give them something they value.

4. boyetv1984

boyetv1984 New Member

Course and/or Services
    If you’re already teaching your visitors through your blog, why not create an exclusive learning opportunity by building a paid online course? A common way to sell these courses is by setting up an 8-week course through automated email messages or releasing the full package all at once so students can work at their own pace. Just some examples of online courses include:

• Audience Business Masterclass (from Firepole Marketing)
    • Article Writing Masterclass (by Carol Tice and Linda Formichelli)
    • Social Media Training for Serious Marketers (from Market Motive)
    How much can you make selling eCourse memberships? Again, this all depends on how much you sell it for and how many people are willing to purchase the course. Gina Horkey of Horkey Handbook made over $1,000 in her first month after launching a freelance writing eCourse.

Like courses, you can also offer services. For example, many bloggers are also freelance writers, and they get paid to write blog content for other people. Other common services include speaking engagements and private coaching. Depending on your niche, you can get more specific. A wedding blogger, for instance, might offer wedding planning services.

5. MrT

MrT New Member

This niche is God Level Tough, but good luck with your blogging.

If you're doing it as a hobby then give it a go. But if you want to make money, then choose an easier niche.

6. jomelcadiente

jomelcadiente New Member

There is no easy way to earn money or monetize your blog easily. You need to meet some requirements before you can regularly monetize it. But if you wil make a blog make sure it is your passion and hobby not because you want to make money.

Here is the step to monetize your blog
    First you need to create a google adsense
    Next link your google adsense account to you blog.
    Take not before you can monetize your blog. You need to meet some requirements

First at least your blog is 6months old
    Second you need to publish 10 quality post.

Other ways to earn to your blog is affiliate marketing
    You can apply in Lazada, Amazon and also in tube buddy.

7. Jhana0814

Jhana0814 New Member

Google Adsense. Some people create a self-hosted blog solely for ads and Google AdSense is one of the most popular ad networks around. Simply put, you make money by displaying ads on your site. There are two ways to start earning cash from Google AdSense. Based on impressions: This depends on page views. For instance, for every 1,000 page views you get, you earn a set dollar amount. Based on clicks: Regardless of page views, if a visitor clicks on the ad from your site, you’ll earn a certain cut of the ad revenue. This can range anywhere from $0.01 to a couple of dollars depending on the ad. AdSense is compatible with free Blogger blogs and self-hosted WordPress blogs, but keep in mind that it won’t work with a free WordPress blog can monetize. How much can you make with AdSense? Well, that all depends on your traffic and how many people are willing to click on your ads.

8. ronbof

ronbof New Member

AdSense is definitely the obvious way. The downside is that you need a *lot* of traffic before it becomes something that pays as well as even a minimum wage job. You could also do affiliate marketing (like Amazon links) or sell a product of your own. For example, if you write about SEO, you could sell an eBook with SEO tips.

9. jaymax360

jaymax360 Member

Somebody might ask what is monetizing?. There answer is simple monetizing is the process of making something to generate money for you, for example your having a car you want it to generate an income simply you will make it a taxi or lend it to some one in order to get money that is a monetizing process you have monetize your car.

Now let us go to our question "how can we monetize our blogs?" alot of people have blogs but they don't pay them anything some people do do blogging for fun they don't how blogging will pay them in return, itsvery simple there is one website owned by google called Adsense it puts ads on your blog when somebody clicks on those ads in your blog you get paid by taking this seriously you can even get your full by making sure you get alot of traffic in your website in order to get many people to click on those ads displayed by adsense.

You can also get money by using adsense to monetize your youtube channel there alot of youtubers getting alot of money from this method i hope you will also try it because it is not complicated than blogging here after every 1000 veiws you get 2$ so i highly recommend

10. tyrostlero

tyrostlero New Member

Monetizing can be pretty tough to figure out but there are a couple of websites that can help you build your brand, blog and the correct way to monetize it. A couple that I've found was on a website called skillshare which allows people to teach under a platform and make money out of that as well. I've personally used it for my own fledgling blog, so hopefully, someone else is able to use the content there as well.

11. Davisho

Davisho Member

Affiliate marketing is only worthy if customers make a purchase at your link. getting the traffic to the link is really easy. just not as profitable.

12. AmazingStar

AmazingStar New Member

Domain: Go for Namesilo.com
    - Cheapest domains
    - Free Lifetime whois protection
    - No upsells
    - No hidden charges

All other registrars will give nice offers for your first year and then will slowly increase the fees or limit the free features from the second year.

Namesilo is completely straightforward and you get all their domain management and security features in a single payment.

Hosting: Hostinger.com
    If you are just starting out, I would recommend Hostinger.
    Mainly because they offer the best bang for the buck.

Monetization
    Since you are in the fitness niche, you can make a lot of money from your blog if you use the right monetization method.
    Fitness is one of the most profitable niches, therefore both your competition and earning potential will be very high.

1. Clickbank.com: Clickbank is the largest retailer of digital products. They have a lot of fitness/weight loss related products over there. You just have to sign up, choose a product and promote the affiliate link on your site. Unlike Amazon, the commisions are very high. You can easily make $30 per sale.

2. MarketHealth: Market Health is another affiliate site which specializes in medicine and weight loss related products.

3. Amazon.com: There are a ton of fitness related products on Amazon. You can either casually recommend these products or write a review/comparison article.

4. Adsense: As the others have mentioned, you can place some Adsense banners on your site for some extra income.

Suggestions
    You have to remember that fitness is a very competitive yet profitable niche.
    You might have a hard time getting targetted visitors to your site.
    Be ready to spend on ads to get traffic, you might need it.

That's about it.
    Good luck on your venture! :)

13. adadedavid85

adadedavid85 New Member

There are a lot of ways you can monetize your blog or website.
    1. By placing ads ( google adsense, Media.net, adsterra, infolinks, clicksor, content ad etc)
    2. Affiliate marketing ( clickbank, amazon, alibaba, etc)
    3. Your own products. Recommended. If you have any products to sell, its best to put pictures about your product within your blog. In that case, you do not share the money with anyone. You can also write E-Books and placed them on your site.

14. web

web New Member

I know that most of my readers have blogs that fall into this category. When I speak to an audience, I usually ask them how much traffic their blogs generate.
    The answers aren’t always impressive.
    Just as in life, there are different stages to a blog’s life cycle. You can’t compare your new blog to one that’s been around for years.
    Truth be told: “It takes time to build an income from blogging.” No matter what stories you’ve read on different blogs, no true success ever happened overnight. It only happens that way in the movies.
    Identify the stage you’re in, and work from there. There’s no shortcut to getting blog traffic. Yes, I can show you how to drive traffic to your blog, but you have to be patient and consistent, and you have to work really hard.
    That said, this in-depth article will guide you on monetizing your new blog. There are still opportunities to make money with your blog, even though it’s not as popular as QuickSprout.
    I’m honored to have you as a reader. And I want to help you start making money from your blogging efforts. Because when you’re earning enough money to care for yourself and family, then hopefully you’ll tell others how my blog helped you change your life.
    So without further ado, here are 8 proven ways to monetize a blog that generates fewer than 1,000 visitors per day:
    f you’re looking for a way to start making money within the shortest period of time, become a coach. Giving prospects and customers direct access to products and expertise is where it’s at.

15. WebbyJoey

WebbyJoey New Member

Dusan, fitness is a good niche, it is your passion and you know a lot so you can write a lot about it. Now, monetizing won't be easy it's gonna take time, effort and money. Also you need some extra skills like SEO and Copywritting.

Here are some ways to monetize your blog.

1. Sign up to Google Adsense where you can earn thru ad revenues.
    2. Create video Courses and sell it thru your blog or thru other means.
    3. Make a Youtube Channel where you can also use ads and also you can promote your blog.

as for your question on:

1. What hosting and domain name provider?
    Try this tandem wordpress.com and bluehost.com it should be beginner friendly.

2. How did I monetize my own blog?

I used to use Google Adsense when I was still in blogging, that's 2 years ago.

3. Suggestion?

Be passionate about what you blog about, also always remember that in blogging: "Content is always the king" so always take time to create valuable content for your readers, also stay away from blackhat SEO methods. it will get you banned from Google Adsense.

more power to you. update us about your blogging journey. we are just here to assist.

16. Lynn Fowler

Lynn Fowler New Member

I use Bluehost for my hosting. I have been with them many years, and am very happy with them. One of the great benefits is that you can host multiple domains on the same Bluehost account (I currently have 6, plus a couple of sub-domains.) I use self-hosted WordPress as the platform for all my sites - much easier than coding "from scratch" as I used to do.

For monetizing there are a number of options. Pay Per Click ads such as Google Adsense pay you a small amount each time someone clicks on them. Pay Per Action ads, such as those from Clickbank, only pay when the person actually buys (or in some cases performs some other action) through the link, but the amount paid is considerably higher than that for PPC. Another option is Pay Per View, where you receive a very tiny amount each time the ad is seen, regardless of whether anyone responds to it or not. These are fairly hard to find, and in most cases will require you to have a substantial readership of your blog before they will accept you.

My suggestion is that you build up your blog first. Get a good amount of quality content on there, and build a readership before you start monetizing. Then go for a mixture of ad types, but don't put so much advertising on the site that your readers are overwhelmed and stop reading.

1 person likes this.
  17. eme1links

eme1links New Member

Dusan, WordPress is good for buying and hosting domain. It has wide monetization packages which give it edge over others. It has a lot of social site linkage which enable post in any of the social site.

18. israelolatunji17

israelolatunji17 New Member

Prior to starting a blog, you need to learn about blogging first and how you can become a successful and rocking blogger after few years. There are hundreds of online business communities that give world-class online entrepreneurial training tutorials with videos to walk you through the process of setting up your own blog. And aside from that, you need some basic steps that will lead you to getting started the proper way:

1. You need to find a niche which you've done already. You mentioned in your thread that you're passionate about fitness and body-building. Your niche must be related to fitness and that's what your blog will be built upon. All the content you will be publishing on that blog will be centered on fitness or body building as the case may be.

2. Once you've chosen a niche you have passion for, the next step should be to create a website which is going to be your own brand or virtual real estate. You have website builder tools and resources online to leverage at your own disposal with loads of professional design templates to help you build your site and make it look great to your audience. And you're going to register a domain with hosting packages at registrars like Godaddy or any other registrar you might want to choose.

3. After the setting up, start building out your site with quality and helpful content and ensure to engage your audience to improve rankings in search engines. More rankings lead to more traffic. And more traffic means more revenue.

4. Once you've built enough traffic, it's time to monetize your site and you have all the potentials in the world to earn cool and consistent revenue online. You can simply add affiliate widgets to your site or, perhaps, set up a coaching business on your blog. Your clients will soon find you and start booking coaching sessions with you. That will yield a lot of cash for you in lifetime.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  19. rustyj

rustyj New Member

Monetizing a blog is always a great way to make some extra cash but you gotta first decide is my focus to blog or to make money. I have managed many blogs and my most profitable are the ones where I strategically chose them for monetization purposes. I have no fashion sense as my wife tells me but my fashion blog does amazing. It is actually written for me by a young 20-year-old overseas who love clothing. So she gets new cloths, a decent pay and to do what she loves, while I made some nice PPC commissions.
    So once you decide this, hosting is always easy to find, tons of options but I prefer JaguarPC as I have been using them for over 10 years for multiple sites.
    I mainly monetize through affiliates and some PPC or Amazon Associate offerings.
    Tips: Decide NOW if you are writing for profit or for fun with some side cash, and build your blog around that.

20. shondram

shondram New Member

The best website hosting for you would be bluehost,or siteground.A few ways you can monetize your blog is by ads. Ads are great for when you already have your blog audience. Like google adsense,mediavine,or media.net.
    With ads you want make very much. The best route to take when it come to monetize your blog is affiliate marketing. Amazon affiliate marketing, and Share a Sale is good for beginner bloggers. The best way to make sure you make money is quality content!

21. Shaynako

Shaynako Member

List building refers to adding new subscribers to your email list. You can entice readers to subscribe by offering a free gift exclusive to subscribers and, of course, by consistently producing great content that people want to come back to.

22. Shaynako

Shaynako Member

But how does this help you monetize? It keeps people in-the-know. When you launch your eCourse, start offering consulting services, or publish an eBook, your subscribers are going to be the first ones to care. So, if you want to see quick results after a launch, be sure you have an email list built up to gain access to a pool of interested individuals.

23. 4TheBestWriter4

4TheBestWriter4 New Member

We can start by offering a lot of quality posting on our blog about a specific and targetted niche. We put a FREE PDF for download and we gain their email address and start building our email list from here. We can make products like courses, ebook, coaching 1-1. Also, we can sell banners or promote brands that are in align with our vision and offer good quality to our audience.

24. bethy

bethy New Member

There are a lot of ways to monetize a blog. But the one I've tried is through affiliate marketing. I've joined to Pinoy Investor, a website that gives stock recommendations for free since 2015. Through that free account I posted their banners (with my unique link) promoting their website to my blog. I also promote them in my Facebook fan page through giving free stock recommendations.

25. jk5glad

jk5glad New Member

Miss Lynn Fowler, I can feel you have a good experience with blogging. I am so glad I came across your post. I am also blogging and in the process of monetizing through affiliate marketing.

In addition, while its true that Google Adsense can monetize your blog, we just can't qualify without reaching the minimum subscribers for that.

God bless on your blog!