How to monetize your blog?

Discussion in 'Website Management & Blogging' started by Dusan Ilic, Mar 12, 2018 at 10:08 AM.

1. Dusan Ilic

Dusan Ilic New Member

I am really interested in blogging, mainly fitness blogging, because I am very passionate about fitness and bodybuilding, and I am learning and training for five years. I want to start my own blog, but I need a few tips.
    -Where I can buy best hosting,and domain?
    -What are the best ways to monetize my blog?
    -How you monetize your own blog (if you have one) ?
    Leave any other suggestion if you like.
  2. Glenly Dy-cok

Glenly Dy-cok New Member

hello, Dusan, as far as my self is concern, I have a little knowledge about blogging, will.. where is the best hosting and domain? I think go Daddy is one of the best. and how to monazite your blog? I think you need to sign up to google adsense, then plug in it to your website., plug in as well mail chimp, to collect subscribers email. I think if you got 1k viewers who visited your blogs then thats the starting point.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018 at 2:29 AM
  3. O Empreendedor

O Empreendedor New Member

As far as hosting is concerned, I can give you a couple of recommendations:

Namecheap - Pretty low investment and solid customer support team.
    InMotion - A little more expensive, but also provide you with A LOT of premium solutions.

When it comes to monetization, this has been the path for the people who earn the most in the blog world:

1. Ads
    - Start with Google. Once you have enough traffic, there are more profitable networks you can join.
    2. Affiliate marketing - Excellent margins, as it's pretty easy to implement once you have traffic.
    3. Your own products or services - You need not only traffic, but credibility. You'll need to invest some of your own money, but you'll also earn more.

I won't get into marketing strategies and distribution channels...
    Just focus on your audience and try to give them something they value.
  4. boyetv1984

boyetv1984 New Member

Course and/or Services
    If you’re already teaching your visitors through your blog, why not create an exclusive learning opportunity by building a paid online course? A common way to sell these courses is by setting up an 8-week course through automated email messages or releasing the full package all at once so students can work at their own pace. Just some examples of online courses include:

• Audience Business Masterclass (from Firepole Marketing)
    • Article Writing Masterclass (by Carol Tice and Linda Formichelli)
    • Social Media Training for Serious Marketers (from Market Motive)
    How much can you make selling eCourse memberships? Again, this all depends on how much you sell it for and how many people are willing to purchase the course. Gina Horkey of Horkey Handbook made over $1,000 in her first month after launching a freelance writing eCourse.

Like courses, you can also offer services. For example, many bloggers are also freelance writers, and they get paid to write blog content for other people. Other common services include speaking engagements and private coaching. Depending on your niche, you can get more specific. A wedding blogger, for instance, might offer wedding planning services.