How to open your mind

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by senseillusion, Mar 11, 2019.

1. senseillusion

senseillusion New Member

For me, the biggest mind opener is sensory deprivation tank. I perceive it as a higher form of meditation and being actually in the sensory deprivation tank changed my life forever. You will explore the deepest parts of your consciousness. What is yours biggest mind opener?

2. Jeahan08

Jeahan08 Member

Be matured enough. And always look the other side of it.

3. pceug17

pceug17 Member

For me, being able to fully understand the situation. There are times that more and more people giving baseless opinions on different issues here in the Philippines. They only believe on one side of the story- the one that favors them. They will therefore think that the other side is false or wrong. Sometimes, they disregard the fact and look for cover ups. That is why it is important to check the legitimacy of information especially in the modern era where data are one click away. There's no harm in doing extra research before posting or sharing what you feel.

4. tinatinay

tinatinay Member

TRAVEL! if you haven't try travelling to any place alone, then what are you waiting for? I'm not telling you to do it all the time. just try to travel alone or ever in a small group. then you will see how fascinating the word is. It opens your self to other culture, living and give you real life education. Good luck!

5. lzr9211

lzr9211 New Member

Try to relax and find a quiet place. Reading something can give you ideas, like books. Do feel stress to think about something. Just feel relax to do it. It would be helpful.

6. Catutzy

Catutzy New Member

All the time you need to be open to the information that comes from everywhere.
    You have to filter them and choose what you need.
    Then you must try to put these things into practice and try to attract those involved in these things.

7. Joel2019

Joel2019 Member

You are openminded when you learn how to listen to and respect people. And sometimes you cannot see that to most educated people, because the more you pursue your education, the more you are being close-minded. The higher the IQ, the lower the EQ.

8. neneth

neneth New Member

Open-minded just means listening to ideas and deciding, not accepting them. So, on that basis, I am very open-minded, although I have very definite opinions. It is not closed-minded to weigh the arguments on both sides of an issue and favor one or the other. That's called 'reason'.

Acceptance, meaning believing that an idea is valid because someone has it (in today's lexicon), is not open-minded, it is demagoguery. Accepting ideas simply means listening to them and putting them through scrutiny to see if they are valid or not. Finding an idea is not valid after scrutiny is not intolerance, it is just opinion.

9. Dledg

Dledg Member

By letting people they perspective about certain topics then you decide if you embrace they point of view