How to Read Faster

Discussion in 'Music' started by rohini matthew, May 10, 2019.

1. Most of us are aware that hard work Uncompromised Life will enable us to succeed at whatever chosen field of endeavor. The book, "Outliers", illustrates and eloquently depicts that work ethic on the numerous stories within the book. He also looks at demographic luck the effect of one's birthday on their success and other factors that contribute to success. There are many other interesting factors that you as a reader can pick and choose to what is relevant for you to succeed. This is an inspiring book on success and the art and science of achievement.Og Mandino was a best-selling author who wrote 15 books that mostly dealt with positive mental attitude and overcoming obstacles to achieve your goals. His first book is his best-selling book. It is the classic book, "The Greatest Salesman in the World".

When I first read this book, it surprised me because I thought it was all about selling. It is about selling but in a way that is a win-win situation for both the seller and the buyer. It is about selling in terms of giving not taking. Does that make sense?Most people would have a negative connotation with selling and salesman or salesperson. When you look at the entire context of selling, it is more than just a profession. It is a skill that can be developed and refined. When a man courts and dates a woman, he is selling. When a parent wants their kids to do their chores, he or she is selling. When a kids wants to ask something from their mom or dad, they are selling. Selling is a skill. It is a skill that should be developed especially since we are always selling when we are dealing with people.

https://consumerscomment.com/uncompromised-life-review/

2. tjmay

tjmay Member

nice topic it reminds my eldest son he always deal with me every time he want anything from me

3. cozhart

cozhart New Member

I may not be the fastest reader out there but I can read a book within 1-2 hours. The key is just to practice reading a lot. Read books(non-fiction/fiction/fanfiction), articles or other forms of literature can help as long as you, the reader, is motivated and willing to do so.

For starters, you should just read something you like. Buy a book for example at a local bookstore then read it at home. You don't have to finish the book at once if you can't. Just read it, understand it and when you get to read 50+ books or so, your brain will eventually understand the words faster(it is called scanning). Your cognitive abilities will also increase once you do so.

If you don't like books then go for fanfiction. There are a thousands of fanfictions out there. I'm sure you're one of those people who enjoy tv/cartoon/anime shows/movies so if you are then I suggest you read a fanfic because it is something created out of creativity of those shows you watch.

4. kapta

kapta New Member

Here are some quick tips to improve your speed.

Don’t subvocalize when you read.

Subvocalization will only hamper your reading speed and distract you from the inherent meaning of the text. The next time you read, see if you can catch yourself subvocalizing. The more aware you are of this habit, the easier it will be to break.

Preview what you’re about to read

It’s more challenging to comprehend what you’re reading when you have little to no idea what it’s about.
    Before you sit down to read something, especially if it’s a challenging text, preview the document first. What are you about you read? Who wrote it, and why? What do you think the text will entail?

Skip the small words when you read

To be clear, skipping small words isn’t quite the same thing as skimming what you’re reading.
    When you skim, you’re not retaining the words or ideas that you’re consuming. You may have a general sense of the work, but the fine details will likely be lost.
    Learning how to read faster is all about eliminating the small, unnecessary words that fill up a page. These words certainly have their place, of course, and we need them to construct sentences and ideas!
    Although, when we’re trying to read quickly, we can often skip these words with no ill-effects:
    “if”, “is”, “to”, “the”, “and”.