How to stay healthy ?.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by zoubida belkheir, May 29, 2016.

1. Lilly03

Lilly03 New Member

Topics about staying healthy usually generate a lot of interest. In my view,staying healthy is about eating right, exercising, having a higher power that you believe in as well as having a good social life filled with love,laughter,gentleness,kindness and goodness. It is not about going to the extreme in any one area of our lives,but rather about maintaining a realistic balance.

2. akirasalunay

akirasalunay New Member

Healthy eating. It's something everyone knows they should do, but few of us do as consistently as we would like. The purpose of this guide is to share practical strategies for how to eat healthy and break down the science of why we often fail to do so.and not for the masses.

3. Ana Mae Laturnas

Ana Mae Laturnas New Member

Being healthy is easy, to stay healthy is difficult. Discipline is very important because tempting unhealthy foods are everywhere, crowded places may affect your health, dirty sorroundings, anciety and stress. These are some that affect your health. The most important there is how you handle it and how you overcome and discipline yourself.

4. Ana Mae Laturnas

Ana Mae Laturnas New Member

Being healthy is easy, to stay healthy is difficult. Discipline is very important because tempting unhealthy foods are everywhere, crowded places may affect your health, dirty sorroundings, anciety and stress. These are some that affect your health. The most important there is how you handle it and how you overcome and discipline yourself.

5. John Nathaniel

John Nathaniel New Member

Based on dictionaries, websites and books, being healthy means being free from disease or pain, enjoying health and vigor of mind, body, or spirit. It is a way of showing physical, mental, or emotional well-being. One person is healthy when he/she is in good health.

It is indeed good to be healthy, the question is, how can one person obtain and maintain/stay such state? I will share one easy way of the many ways on how to be and stay healthy, based on my stored knowledge. GET ENOUGH SLEEP. Usually it requires about 8-9 hours of sleep for adult and it is good when you sleep earlier and rise early. Sleeping early removes all intoxicated toxins which distract you, may obstruct your happiness and perhaps, you to be a positive thinker.

Sleeping early leads to healthy state of mind which leads to happiness. It is only one of the many ways to be healthy. In the end it is your decision to be healthy since you need the discipline and mind set to be of good health.

6. edz26

edz26 Member

"Stress free" the best way of stay healthy, In fact most significant health problems related to stress are heart disease, asthma , diabetes, head ache, depression and others. Being healthy is a choice and discipline, exercise regularly integrate physical activity, eat healthy food a diet rich in fruits vegetable and whole grains lean routine and fat free milk products avoid high cholesterol and salty foods. Keep away from all vices like drugs, smoking and alcohols in which in a long run can leads you into addiction and even death. Drink plenty of water 8 glasses or more everyday, have enough sleep it is a time when your body recovers and when your immune system is improved , so don't cheat your sleep!

7. Jingkay2018

Jingkay2018 New Member

Write down your goals - be specific and honest. I want to lose fat, gain muscle, feel better, be healthier, look good naked, become more flexible, reduce chronic pain. These are just a few examples.

Plan how to achieve those goals - re-arrange priorities, better time management, keep a fitness journal, eat healthier, exercise 4-5 times per week, get more sleep.

Turn your plans into action - focus on your health, follow-through on scheduled workouts, toss the junk food, cook healthy food at home, write down daily achievements, limit alcohol intake, get to bed earlier, drink more water.

8. Rosemary23

Rosemary23 New Member

To stay healthy is simple, you just need to discipline yourself like.. you already know what healthy foods are and what foods are not healthy, we already know that we should exercise if not daily at least once or twice a week, you already know that you should sleep well, you know how to make yourself stay healthy not just doing all of this makes you stay healthy, your relationship with other people should be healthy too, the only thing you must not forget is to have a DISCIPLINE. You will not stay healthy just knowing all the things makes you healthy but knowing by doing will make you stay healthy.

9. Stay healthy when you have a good time sleep, eating healthy foods like fruits and vegetables, daily exercise or atleast twice a week, dont drink alcohol, and dont smoke. Have a respect on our body to have a healthier lifestyle. Life is too short so why waste time doing wrong.

10. Asterfighter

Asterfighter New Member

1. Think positive and focus on gratitude. Research shows a healthy positive attitude helps build a healthier immune system and boosts overall health. ...
    2. Eat your vegetables. ...
    3. Set a “5-meal ideal” ...
    4. Exercise daily. ...
    5. Get a good night's sleep. ...
    6. Check your food 'tude. ...
    7. Eat like a kid. ...
    8. Be a picky eater.

11. Cheil24

Cheil24 New Member

We need to stay healthy. Being healthy helps me to fulfill my life complete and happy. We need to eat fresh food, vegetables and less food processing.

12. IvyKeith

IvyKeith New Member

You can stay healthy if you keep your mind healthy. We all know that mind is a powerful thing yet remained the most, unexplored, unprioritized and not well taken cared of. We used to overwork our mind leading ourselves to great stress, fatigue and sickness. Sometimes it is just our mind that makes us sick, its called psychosomatic disorder, wherein some physical disease are thought to be made worse by mental factors such stress and anxiety. So, keeping a sound mind could really lead you to a healthy body and a healthy life. Declutter and meditate. Give your mind some pause to take a fresh breath of air.

13. amber scholl

amber scholl New Member

Staying healthy means staying away from things that can harm your body .
    We stay healthy by ;
    1. Getting enough sleep
    2 .avoiding stress
    3.eating a balance diet
    4.Drinking a lot of water
    5.exercising at least 3times a week
    Staying healthy can help someone live long as avoid disease.

14. phiaangelica

phiaangelica New Member

Eating right and exercising regularly lead to staying healthy. Fresh fruits and vegetables intake everyday, cutting fast-food meals, cooking meals at home, have some cardio exercise, these may help you improve emotionally, mentally and physically healthy.
    Moreover, you would be able to inspire and motivate others.

15. JeetKuneDo

JeetKuneDo New Member

EAT WELL - There is no bad Food, only bad Diets and, worse, bad dieters. Your regular diet should contain basic nutrients: Vegetables/Fruits, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Proteins, dairy, Fats. A new food guide pyramid now includes a major component, Water.

WORK WELL - Excellence in the work environment is certainly a notable standard. Love what you do and do what you Love.

PRAY - Give Yourself some quiet time to connect with the Divine. This can only enlarge and expand you Spirit. By tapping into the immortal in You, you own sense of divinity is affirmed and strengthened.

LEARN - The Human mind is an almost inexhaustible powerhouse. You can teach yourself at any time, any point of your Life. There's no one stopping you, except Yourself.

LAUGH - Even if Life is all about Living, there is such a thing as learning from your Mistakes. Or, you can simply Laugh at them. Taking Life too seriously can lead to Stress and eventually Illness. Yes, Laughter is still the best Medicine.

LOVE - Only the greatest force on Earth, its by products (the result of tapping its powers) are Healing, Understanding, Forgiveness, Perseverance, Kindness, Selflessness, Generosity. But before you give Love away, generate it first in Yourself and for Yourself.

SHARE - The best policy of all is to be Generous, share your time, energy and attention.

16. tripleseven

tripleseven New Member

To be come healthy first need to quit our unhealthy habits of course regular exercise is a big factor to stay healthy.

17. allan1206

allan1206 New Member

Staying healthy is very difficult to achieve nowadays because of the technologies and innovations that we have right now. People always depends on these developments in doing their own tasks which makes us less active and even the food that we are eating today are all instant beacuse of some reasons like busy schedules. However, i had encountered in the previous months the effective means on staying healthy in today's generation, these are to avoid oily and fatty foods, stay away from junk foods, avoid and quit vices, do regular exercise, drink plenty of water and do relaxation activities. It is easier said than done but we should start today to be a healthy individual.

18. Gjunio

Gjunio New Member

Here are a few of the things I do (that YOU can do, too) that have really helped me stay on track during the holiday season…
    • Make healthier versions of your favorite holiday dishes: This will give you the option of eating at least one healthy item while you’re at a party. It will also give you the opportunity to share a real food holiday dish with friends and family, showing them healthy food can be delicious!
    • Drink a green drink every day: This will give you an energy boost and will remind you that your health comes first. Follow this up with a nutritious meal too, so that you keep your hunger in check!
    • Keep moving and stay active: Jumpstart your metabolism each day by going to the gym or enjoying a long walk with a family member you haven’t seen in awhile. I always love attending fitness classes on holidays because it can be hard to motivate myself, so it helps to have an instructor or trainer cheering me on. Sweating it out will improve your mood, boost your metabolism and keep you from snacking on goodies all day.
    • Eat a little something before you go to a party: You don’t want to show up ravenous because then you’ll eat everything in sight! Eat a good source of organic, healthy protein and fat (such as avocado or raw nuts) to help sustain you for a few hours. This way you can still enjoy your favorite foods at the party, but won’t be so hungry that you go overboard. (This strategy also saves me when the food that’s served isn’t something that interests my appetite.)
    • Focus on your friends and family: Remember what’s really important and enjoy spending time with your loved ones. I love socializing at parties, rather than eating.
    • Chill out. If you’re feeling super stressed out, your cortisol levels can skyrocket, causing your body to hold onto weight (particularly in the waist). Fat accumulates near the stomach because the cells in the stomach are more sensitive to cortisol, and very effective at storing energy. Do some yoga, meditation, or take a long walk either before or after a meal.

19. Have a 6-8 hours of sleep every night, drink plenty of water. and have a regular exercise at least 30mins or 3x a week.

20. keep away from negative vibes. having a peaceful mind is a having a healthy body.

21. racethebar

racethebar New Member

I think the best way to stay healthy is to drink around 2-3Liters of water. Our body is composed of 75% water so once we get dehydrated, our body systems will not work properly and will become dysfunctional. Furthermore, having a balanced diet, exercise, and an effective sleeping pattern will definitely boost one's immune system.

22. tekentek

tekentek New Member

By removing all vices and eat healthy foods a hundred percent state of well being is simply acheive. Many people always set aside the importance of healthy living. They go to work more than 8hours a day. And forget to care and give importance to the need of his own self which is eating healthy foods and have some reasonable rest. Health is important while doing basic jobs. You can not always tell your bosses that you are absent because you are in state of illness. That is why having a healthy body is very important. Live your life to the fullest but don't forget to always care of your own self. As saying says "Health is Wealth". Change yourself as you benefit from it.

23. simon2018

simon2018 New Member

I believe health is lifestyle & health not only comes in body but spirit as well & both are important & necessary for optimal, balanced and lasting health. You must have good spirit, positive attitude & natural desire for overall well being and improving yourself in order to work on health of your body and for that to truly last. If you are serious about good overall health you must make real lasting changes in your life and that is when it becomes a lifestyle. It will not work if you are looking for excuses, if you are a miserable human being or have no determination or simply to lazy to make the effort. Make the most of your life, you only live once, make it the best that it can be!

24. mariaberry

mariaberry New Member

I know staying healthy is hard because of the lifestyle and habits we always do. But you can do it and you will be able to do it if staying healthy is very true to your self.

If you want to stay healthy you have to quit all the unhealthy things you are eating and doing before. You have to drink plenty of water so that it will take away all the toxics and wastes that your body has. Eat fruits and vegetables regularly to have a strong and normal body frame. Go for vitamins for it could prevent you from being sick and ill. Go to sleep early when you don't have anything to do. And have at least a regular exercise, it is to awaken the body and to stretch outs the bones and muscles.

25. raffy03

raffy03 New Member

How to stay healthy? Then you should do these..
    -Eat healthy food,
    -Eat more vegetables and fruits,
    -Limit yourself in some fatty meats.. white meat is better than red meat..
    -Dont overcook your vegetables it will loosen its nutrients and make it more acidic..
    -Drink plenty of water and do some exercises that you enjoy, not those exercises that stress you out.
    -Have a good sleep depending on your age.. have fun and always stay positive and see things on there bright side... because I believe being happy makes you healthy.

26. dina830

dina830 New Member

My idea of staying healthy, basically has to do with two choices, such as exercising and eating healthy, these two habits are important to stay healthy, in the fact of the power it has to do much that eats vegetables, sufficient proteins, vegetables, when done this way by giving all the nutrients our body of truth help much too good health, will keep the other now habit as it is to exercise, although I am not very fond of going to the gym, but if I do exercise especially walk this seems very important to achieve good health, that as all good health is not a matter of luck, you have to keep, especially to avoid bad habits, such as hiking or smoked, these habits all that achieves is take away the good health to our body.:laugh::laugh:

27. Tenten

Tenten New Member

To have a healthy life we need to eat healthy food, exercise, have enough sleep and good communication with others to achieve it. We all knew that it's just easy to plan a healthy meal but to perform it is very challenging. First, we need to provide the healthy food that we are going to consume while on a healthy diet process and of course we need to have a self discipline that most of us hardly is to achieve. Self discipline is the most important to live a healthy life. Those people who have it has a high chance to live a healthy life because they know what are those things to avoid and those things to consider in life. Communication with other is also one of the factors that I consider to be healthy. We need to communicate with others and have a good relationship because when you say health, it's not just about our body, it includes our mental health and communicating with other is a great way to have good mind to lessen mental issues.

28. Arsal

Arsal Member

We should remember that healthy mind resides in a healthy body. the body helps one maintain the required energy level to achieve success in life. All of us must strive to achieve wholesome health always. Generally, a healthy diet consists of taking a proper and healthy food which include eating green and fresh vegetables. fruits, eggs, fresh milk, minerals, protein and vitamins are very essential for staying healthy.

Practising yoga including regular exercise in your daily routines also helps you maintain your desired fitness. blood, sugar and immunity level. healthy habits improve your physical appearance, mental stability, ability to perform activities in a better way. which lead you the stress-free lifestyle, maintaining happy mood, high energy level etc
    health is the most important thing that person should take care of a leading healthy life. so happiness can be considered as the result as well as the part of a healthy and fit lifestyle.

29. dladla

dladla New Member

Fitness Is Easy If You Have The Proper Information

If you want change in your life, then consider a regular exercise regimen. Getting fit requires total dedication and you must be motivated. You must always be committed to learning additional ways to keep in shape and not afraid to try new methods to lose weight.

When most people think of fitness, they think of a gym packed with elaborate weight-lifting equipment. Truthfully, you only need to do six different exercises to get fit. These include: squats, leg raises, the pull up, bridges, the push up and handstand push ups.

Are you strapped for time when it comes to working out? Divide your exercise routine into two parts. Try cutting your total work out time into half or thirds. Run during the morning and evening for 30 minutes, rather than running for a one full hour. If you'd prefer not to go to your gym more than once in a day, you can try doing one workout at your gym, and doing one workout outdoors.

Start with the smaller weight machines and work your way up to the big ones. Your smaller muscles get tired before larger ones do, so it makes sense to start with dumbbells or barbells before the bigger machines, for example. Then move on to working out your larger muscle groups using the bigger machines.

Every time you complete rep exercises, you want to count backwards instead of forward. This will allow you to keep track of the number that you are on and also provide more motivation.

Make a time each day to exercise, even if it is just a few minutes. Make simple adjustments to your routine such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work.

Now that you've read the above article, you should have an idea regarding how you are going to go about getting fit. Now, you just need to start implementing what you have learned into your daily life.

30. deeva

deeva New Member

Staying healthy will depends you on you. It is how you like to be healthy. I have my own little way to stay healthy. I sleep, eat vegetables and fruits, drink water exercise and be happy. Being healthy is avoiding all things that makes your body get disease. Not only being healthy physically but, also healthy with a sound mind and body but also a healthy spiritual life.