How to stay healthy ?.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by zoubida belkheir, May 29, 2016.

1. thamee18

thamee18 New Member

Staying healthy is very important.As they say "Health is wealth" .Yes its true.How are going to lift a heavy load if you are weak because you are afraid of vegetables.You run away from fruits!You are very lazy when your friends invited you for a 1 hour zumba.In our contemporary world wherein almost everything are instant we always remember that health is the one which should be prioritize.Sleeping 8 hours, drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated,eating vegetables,poultry products,fruits and most of all exercise is the best way to stay healthy.Avoid junk foods,vices,and instant food.

2. zek.dalangin

zek.dalangin New Member

1. Eat balanced diet
    2. Drink 8 glass of water or more than
    3. Sleep 8 Hours
    4. Exercise
    5. Go die.

3. Eat healthy foods and more exercise.

4. Claudiu2018

Claudiu2018 New Member

You need to combine sport with a healthy nutrition. You need to walk at least 30 minutes a day. You have to go to the gym at least 2 times a week. It's ideal if you can buy organic produces from local farmers. It's good to avoid fried food, sugar, fat and and carbonated drinks. It' s also important to avoid stress and allocate time to activities that bring us the greatest degree of pleasure.

5. 4TheBestWriter4

4TheBestWriter4 New Member

Health, in my opinion, is a combination of a couple of aspects of our life. The food we eat is very important, the amount of physical exercise counts too.

The Mental aspect plays a major role in our life. We can learn to meditate, to relax, to clear our subconscious mind and be more present and mindfulness in every moment.

Relationships have an influence on the quality and the health that we have.

We can choose a balanced life between work, relax, sleep and be in alignment with ourselves then we can say that we have a healthy lifestyle.

6. Drink More Water

Water is the 2nd most popular drink in the world after soft drinks. About 60 percent of the body is made of this. It helps to maximize physical activity. Besides drinking water may help to treat and prevent headaches.

Sufficient and regular water consumption has various health benefits. Another impotent thing is that it has no calories, fat, sugar or carbohydrates. Water keep the body well hydrated, which is importance because about every cell in the body needs water to function properly.

7. vinzero6

vinzero6 Member

1. Eat Right
    Eating a healthy diet can help boost students’ immune systems, help students to maintain a healthy weight and can improve their overall health. Sometimes it may seem difficult to eat healthy in college when your meal choices consist of the cafeteria or fast food restaurants, but there are easy ways to make adjustments in your eating habits. First, always eat breakfast. This may be difficult when you’re rushing out the door to get to that 8 a.m. classes, but grabbing a granola bar or banana goes a long way in keeping you from overeating throughout the day. Also, never skip meals. Again, the typical day of a college students is usually nothing but typical, but you always have time to grab a healthy salad or sandwich from the dining hall. For those late-night cravings during all-nighters, try healthier alternatives to your favorite late-night foods. For example, get pizza with whole wheat crust, vegetable toppings instead of meat and low-fat cheese. Snacking can also be a great way to keep your appetite in check throughout the day. Snacking can stop “mindless eaters” and those who eat for comfort. Keep things like pre-cut vegetables and fruit, nuts, pita bread or string cheese on hand so you aren’t tempted to buy unhealthy snacks. If nothing else, keep these three things in mind when choosing foods: moderation, variety and balance. Try keeping a good balance of dairy, whole grains, fruits, vegetables and protein every day.
    2. Exercise
    Fitting exercise into a busy college schedule can be difficult, but most college campuses make it easy for students to get exercise. One of the easiest ways to get exercise is to walk to class. Depending on your class schedule, this could add anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour of exercise every day. Most colleges offer physical fitness classes and intramural sports programs, so take advantage of these for a fun way to get exercise. Also, most colleges offer free or reduced memberships to gyms. This is definitely a perk that ends after graduation, so take advantage of this now.
    3. Get enough sleep
    Though you may be tempted to pull an all-nighter to study for an exam or stay out until 3 a.m. partying with friends, make sure you don’t make that a habit. Sleep deprivation can lead to reduced brain function, fatigue, headaches and weight loss or gain. College students need between seven and nine hours of sleep and getting this amount can improve overall health. To stay rested throughout the day, try taking a short nap during the day, try to stick to a schedule, try to keep your room dark and quiet before bedtime and avoid drinking caffeine, eating and drinking right before bed.
    4. Wash your hands
    With flu season just around the corner, washing your hands can be a savior for college students who can’t afford to miss class because of the flu. College students are always in close contact with others: through classes, living situations with roommates, walking around campus, and it is very easy to catch colds or viruses. Studies have shown that simple hand-washing can help prevent a large number of illnesses. Wash your hands before meals, any time you will be touching your eyes, nose or mouth, or if you’ve been around others who are sick.
    5. Don’t smoke
    Everyone has heard the many life-threatening risks smoking poses, and even smoking occasionally can still put you at risk for ailments like lung cancer, heart disease and emphysema. For those looking to quit, check out your student health center for programs to assist you.
    6. Avoid caffeine and sugary drinks
    Though caffeinated beverages like soda and energy drinks can be beneficial when studying or doing late-night homework, they are ultimately harmful in the long run. The combination of caffeine and sugar in these drinks causes you to crash and feel bad later. If you need an energy boost, try eating foods high-protein, high-fiber foods.
    7. Get a flu shot
    This is one of the easiest ways to avoid the flu and stay healthy through the w

8. renba27

renba27 Member

Nowadays being healthy is one of the most in demand requisite in our life. We need exact food, proper exercise, equal sleeping and wirking and most of all we to have regular check-up for the monitoring of our entire body

9. lyz07

lyz07 Member

1.exercise 4 or 5times a week.
    2.eat healthy food and fruits
    3.dont eat salty and sweet food.
    4.take away from stress.
    5.be your self and do what you want to do for your self.

10. mfc_25

mfc_25 New Member

Being healthy is not just about the physical aspect of our being. I believe you can be considered healthy if you are a person that has a strong immune system, emotional intelligence, mentally strong, and is aware of his or her spiritual growth.

As to how to stay healthy it will involve a lot of effort. After all nothing worth having comes easy. You have to invest time and energy to improve the health of your whole being. Change requires commitment and consistency.

Some of the ways to improve your health is to educate yourself. Reading helps a lot because it will keep your mind sharp and you will gain the information you need to stay healthy. Another way is to meditate. Having clarity of what your goals are is very important when starting your journey to health improvement. Meditation also helps in increasing your emotional intelligence which leads to better handling of stress. Prayer or attending worship also helps the spirit and I think it is the best way to face everyday stress.

11. VEINS

VEINS New Member

To stay healthy you should have a proper diet and have enough sleep.

12. ljas

ljas New Member

One of the most important things in life is to be healthy--not just physically, but mentally and emotionally as well. It's great to be healthy. When you're healthy, you are happy. When you're healthy, you feel great. There are lot of things needed to be done to maintain healthy like eating nutritious foods, exercising,drinking lots of water and so on...we were educated for those things since we were in grade school. In contrast of that, do we follow those things in order to be healthy?..that follows the word "Self- discipline"...a person needs to have a self-discipline.It is part of being healty!

13. Mary26

Mary26 New Member

To stay healthy you need to start it with yourself.For example you need to eat healthy foods.But not eating healthy foods only ,you need to do some exercises or workouts atleast 2-3 times a week.Drink plenty of water everyday atleast 8-10 glasses a day.Sleep atleast 8 hours a day.Don't let yourself stress because this is also the reason why people can't get a healthy lifestyle or a healthy body because they are experiencing stress.Put God in your daily lives for your better future.

14. Reynmarj

Reynmarj New Member

We can stay healthy if we limit ourselves in a bad hobbit (like smoking or vaping, eating fatty foods and street foods, drinking liquor ) that we use to do. Choose to live with a goal and purpose, and always consider the future for our family. Because if we are fit and healthy, we live long life with our family. I believe that health is wealth.

15. jimalmario

jimalmario New Member

Be happy and be contented. Eat everything in moderation. Love unconditionally. Appreciate nature by taking a walk. Pray, Healthy mind body and soul that is true health.

16. roseblossom23

roseblossom23 New Member

Having a healthy body is one thing that we always wanted to have because it gets too expensive to get sick or be diagnosed with an illness. That's why we're doing our best to stay healthy all the time. Probably, one of the secrets of healthy people according from old people at their age of eighties and above is that they only eat fresh foods like fish, fruits and vegetables. They eat only a little portion of meat and a bigger portion of vegetables and they always drink tea, too.

So, I guess, eating the right food is one of the key to have a healthy body. Eating healthy food contributes a big portion in sustaining enough nutrients to the body to fight diseases. Then, follows regular exercise and living a healthy life style. Therefore, eating the right food, having regular exercise and living a healthy lifestyle are the necessary things to do to stay healthy all time.

17. ana251908

ana251908 New Member

We need to stay healthy, physically and mentally fit all the time. This is not a hard and tough thing to do. We just have to focus and a have a willingness to stay and maintain a healthy lifestyle. These are the things we need to do have a healthy lifestyle:

1. We need to drink at least eight glass of water daily, so that we wouldn't be dehydrated and to have a urinary tract infection disease.
    2. We need to sleep at least seven to eight hours a day. I myself need this a lot because I always lack of sleep. I sleep late and wake up in the morning to do lots of chores for myself and for my kids as well.
    3. We need to exercise daily at least fifteen to thirty minutes a day. I don't exercise everyday but I do walk from Monday to Friday because I pick up and accompany my kids going to school. It's like I'm walking a mile run going back to school and going back to our house.
    4. Don't eat junk foods and fizzy drinks like french fries, hamburger, soft drink, ice cream, potato chips, doughnut, hash brown. These are not healthy foods to eat.
    5. As much as possible eat healthy foods like vegetables and fish. Fish has the nutrients like protein, vitamin D and omega 3 fatty acids. Don't eat fatty foods. Eat a balanced diet. Eat more fiber foods like oatmeal, wheat, brown bread, brown rice, broccoli and nuts.
    6. Lessen sugar intake in your body.It can produce of having a heart attack.
    7. Lessen salty foods intake too. It can produce high blood pressure and heart disease.
    8. Don't smoke! Don't drink too much alcohol. It won't help your body to have a healthy lifestyle of living. Your teeth will decay from smoking. Your lungs and liver will have a disease if you do these regularly.
    9. Spend time with yourself at times. To reflect all the positive and negative things that happened to you. Reflect a good mind of atmosphere within yourself.
    10. Spend time with your family it helps a lot to have a good communication and to show your affection, love, care with your love ones.
    11. Not only with your family but with your friends too. Go out and mingle with your true and close friends.
    12. Read a lot of books, articles, newspapers and magazines to widened your knowledge.
    13. Listen to music that can relax your mind, body and soul.
    14. Take a bath everyday and this is a must to all of us!
    15. Brush your teeth at least three times a day.
    16. Wash your hands regularly especially before you eat.
    17. Smile and laugh because this way it can distress your body from negative vibes.
    18. Mostly is always pray to God so that we can live a healthy life and He will guide and bless us each and everyday.

18. mimacheeks

mimacheeks New Member

There was a time when being healthy was my number one priority. I bought expensive teas that promised flawless skin results. I ate brown rice instead of white rice (a staple here in the Philippines). Every week I bought tons of fresh fruit from the market so I could make breakfast smoothies. All of the things I did in the past to be healthy was amazing for my body. I felt good and I looked good. It came to a point where I had to stop this extremely healthy lifestyle because it was too expensive. Gradually I accepted the fact that I will be eating white rice every day instead of brown rice. There were a lot of things I changed in my lifestyle but it wasn't all that bad. I learned that the most important thing to keep yourself healthy is to stay away from junk foods and sugar as much as possible. I've read that cutting back from sugar will eventually make you dislike sweets. For me, just having a complete meal 3x a day is more important than expensive teas and subscriptions to green juices. I also exercise weekly and drink lots of water daily. Lastly, having a positive outlook in life and surrounding yourself with good people are just as important to stay healthy.

19. loulee

loulee New Member

To some people they may find it a hard time to stay healthy specially when they used to have bad lifestyle already. For me it is only a self discipline. It takes a lot of determination to stay healthy specially in this world full of temptation. It must start in your food intake. you should eat clean foods. it means eating greens like veggies and fruits also. You can also have some meat but cooked it in a healthy way and choose the parts that gives not too much oil. If you have also vices, I think you should stop it. Specially smoking. it is not good for the health not only to you but also to others because they might be a second hand smoker. Always remember that HEALTH IS WEALTH.

20. rodelyn092781

rodelyn092781 New Member

Staying healthy should star first on your mind. a healthy mind follows a healthy body. Discipline is the key to stay healthy. Monitor the following aspect for us to stay healthy, do you sleep enough? Monitor your eating habit, what do i usually eat? Do I exercise every now and then. I know its easy to say than done. But if you'll think what will be your benefit if you do so, maybe you'll start to take this good healthy living one step at a time.

21. james11kyrie

james11kyrie Member

Eating for a healthy heart means filling your plate with heart-healthy foods like fruits and vegetables, paying attention to fiber, eating fish a couple times a week, eating healthy fats and limiting unhealthy fats like trans fats, as well as salt. I have here what I do everyday.

Follow a Heart-Healthy Diet
    1. Eat more fruits and veggies.
    2. Choose whole grains. Try brown rice instead of white. Switch to whole wheat pasta.
    3. Choose lean proteins like poultry, fish, beans, and legumes.
    4. Cut down on processed foods, sugar, salt, and saturated fat.

22. Lorenzo Reyes

Lorenzo Reyes New Member

Maintaining good health doesn't happen by accident. It requires work, smart lifestyle choices, and the occasional checkup and test.

23. Rheaosumo

Rheaosumo New Member

To stay healthy is to have a healthy lifestyle, especially on our food intake. Food the number 1 cause of sickness and illness. Drink 8 to 10 glass of water daily, eat fruits and vegetables, exercise regulary, dont smoke, moderate alcohol intake and get enough sleep. And also to have a positive mind to be motivated to have a healthy lifestyle.

24. MhicaF

MhicaF New Member

Most people think that being healthy only has something to do with physical health, however aside from physical health, overall health is important too. Physical, emotional, mental, social, intellectual, and most importantly is Spiritual. For me, balance is the key to life so if we want to have a Healthy and Happy life, let's be healthy in all those fields. Go to the gym do your favorite exercise, make good friends, never stop learning, meditate, and most importantly, always seek God know that mistakes will never define us as a person, God will still see and love the real us.

And that is how we stay healthy! :)

25. Choose healthy foods. Health is affected not only by what we eat but also by how much we eat. It is important to eat in moderation. Regularly taking in more calories than our body can burn leads to obesity. A healthy life-style includes a program of regular exercise"."sadly, many people today do not engage in even moderate physical activity".

26. lastcloud_

lastcloud_ New Member

Staying healthy means more than just being sick. Being healthy needs to be both physically and mentally. To be physically fit or healthy means that our body has the ability to function well and effectively, resist illness or disease, and be reactive. On the other hand, to be mentally fit deals with our feelings, emotions, and our perspective about our daily activities. With a healthy mind, we could handle stress and make good choices that we have to face. In order for us to be healthy we should practice good habits and quit unhealthy habits. Having lots of rest, drinking enough fluids, having a well-balanced meal, simple exercises, and calming activities could help having a healthy state of the body. There is no easy way in achieving a healthy body but with determination, it is not impossible. We must always remember that prevention is better than cure, therefore let us not wait for our body to become worse before we do anything.

27. Lady_Seah

Lady_Seah New Member

Having a healthy mind, proper rest by sleeping eight hours a day, eating a healthy diet, regular exercise, avoid or learn how to deal with stress, limit alcohol consumption, do not smoke, drink lots of water, have a protected sex and a lot more. It still depends on the person on how motivated he is. An annual check-up is advisable just to make sure you don't have an underlying disease and give you a peace of mind. A healthy relationship and social life are good too.

28. We have all heard of many basic ways of maintaining one's health but one particular habit is not mentioned as much as eating healthy, sleeping enough, and exercising regularly. That one particular habit is taking supplements. Sadly, most people are uninformed that even though we try to eat healthy, it is still insufficient. For instance, in order for an individual to take 100% of his/her daily Vitamin C needs, he/she needs to eat at least 16 oranges. Imagine, 16 oranges! It's not just impractical but it is costly as well. Good thing there are health and wellness companies who are making efforts in producing quality supplements which keeps us in our optimum health and helps us prevent lifestyle diseases which, according to latest researches, are actually caused by micronutrient deficiencies. So I take my supplements daily in order to stay healthy not only today but in the future as well.

29. richardpineda12xxx

richardpineda12xxx New Member

Most important tip for a healthy body is to have healthy food and eat them at proper time. Avoid eating junk food. None of the nutrients are available in these junks foods so no point in having them. Your diet should contain food which has more nutrients. Try to include leafy vegetables, fresh vegetables, fruits, milk, and fish in your daily diet. Make sure you are having your breakfast regularly. Skipping your breakfast regularly will definitely affect your health. If water content in your body goes low then it will lead to dehydration. So to keep the body healthy make sure you drink more amount of water daily. Exercise also pays a vital role in keeping your body healthy. Regular exercise will also keep your body in good health. By exercise it doesn't mean a simple and slow walk. It should be in such a way that your body should start sweating. You can go for running, do cycling, walking faster etc. Daily find some time 30 mints to one hour per day for your exercise. Have a regular checking of your weight and try to control it. It's nice to have Medical checkups and dental checkups by which you can have an idea about your health condition.

Attached Files:

30. Willy1984

Willy1984 Member

Regular exercise and eating healthy food may lead to productive and healthy body.