How to stay healthy ?.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by zoubida belkheir, May 29, 2016.

1. fordhamgirl914

fordhamgirl914 New Member

I prefer to use the word lifestyle and not rules. Life is about living and who wants to feel like they have to follow rules? Being healthy to me means choosing positive people to be around, thinking positively, eating foods that bring life as appose to eating foods that do the opposite, having healthy routines that you enjoy and most importantly giving back.

2. veselinnesterov

veselinnesterov New Member

The good habits make the things work. I am going through this and I can confirm that eating more unprocessed foods, a diet with enough protein in it as well as the dietary fibers is the way to stay healthy. I will feel and look good at the same times. I found the perfect formula for me - a specific nutrition + training plan as well. Every day be the better version of yourself.

3. abfranco

abfranco New Member

A healthy lifestyle can help you thrive throughout your life. Making healthy choices isn't always easy, however. It can be hard to find the time and energy to exercise regularly or prepare healthy meals. However, your efforts will pay off in many ways, and for the rest of your life.

Here are the steps that I can impart with:

1. Maintain a Healthy Weight.
    2. Be physically active for 30 minutes most days of the week. Break this up into three 10-minute sessions when pressed for time. Healthy movement may include walking, sports, dancing, yoga, running or other activities you enjoy.
    3. Don't smoke, or quit if you do.
    4. Eat a well-balanced, low-fat diet with lots of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Choose a diet that's low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and moderate in sugar, salt and total fat.
    5. Drink in moderation if you drink alcohol. Never drink before or while driving, or when pregnant.
    6. Stay out of the sun, especially between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. when the sun's harmful rays are strongest. You are not protected if it is cloudy or if you are in the water — harmful rays pass through both. Use a broad spectrum sunscreen that guards against both UVA and UVB rays, with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher. Select sunglasses that block 99 to 100 percent of the sun's rays.
    7. Protect Yourself From Sexually Transmitted Infections.
    8. Brush your teeth after meals with a soft or medium bristled toothbrush

4. wassy

wassy New Member

There are lots of ways to stay healthy, but the main goal i think is to think about yourself in the long run. Ask yourself if by eating 6 donuts will make you feel good in the long run, or will it just give you a short time of happiness. People fall easily to fad diets, not eating properly, going fasting, doing crazy things just to achieve results in a short amount of time but destroying their bodies in the long run. Staying healthy is a LIFESTYLE. It's not something you do in 3 months, or 2 weeks just to get ready for a trip. Staying healthy is feeling good about your choices for your body 24/7.

5. Deeyhan

Deeyhan New Member

I guess by drinking a lot of water?
    Because I never get sick or any unhealthy feeling since I start my water theraphy.

6. houd

houd New Member

Well, it takes commitment, but generally here's what it takes to stay as healthy as possible:

*have enough sleep -at least 8hour-
    *go to bed early and wake up early
    *exercise regulary
    *avoid jank food
    *drink at least 8 cups of water a day -i can't stress this enough
    *put on sunscreen
    *brush your teeth regulary
    *reduce caffeine and alcohol intake (or cut them if possible)
    *have plenty of natural juices and fruits and vegetables
    *eat organic food and aim for a balanced diet
    *watch your weight
    *quit smoking (if u do smoke)
    *visit your doctor regulary

7. bghsof

bghsof New Member

Eat sensibly with moderate calorie intake, exercise and burn at least as many calories as you consume, sleep 7 to 9 hours per night, and live forever! OK, not forever, but live a healthier, higher quality life.

8. gmangiamele1954

gmangiamele1954 New Member

At age 58, I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. My physician actually directed me to take on a diet that contributed to complications with my condition. I finally reached a point that I said goodbye to my doctor and went on an adventure to find a cure for my condition. As a result I discovered the healing benefits of a plant-based diet. Getting healthy and staying healthy has been a journey of learning to unlearn the family traditions of cooking and eating and relearning the proper way to eat. I now eat a robust diet that includes vegetables, greens, beans, grains and fruits. I do not eat any animal products at all. The result has been remarkable. I no longer have Type II Diabetes. All of my numbers are in the normal range and I am healthier than I have ever been before. Now I look forward to another forty or fifty years spreading the good news about healthy plant-based foods!

9. utkvodka

utkvodka New Member

Basic rules to stay healthy:
    1) Eat natural foods and less processed foods
    2) Jog or run for atleast 30 minutes a day
    3) Stretch everyday especially if you are working in a desk job
    4) Sleep for 7.5 hours exact

10. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

8 glasses of water every day will make you healthy. And you should exercise regularly to maintain your strength and so you will have a high immune system.

11. cmll21

cmll21 New Member

Staying healthy isn't that really hard. Just make sure that you always do the right thing to make you healthy. Some of my tips that I can give you in staying healthy are:

1. Drink 8 glasses of water.
    2. Eat nutritious food.
    3. Do exercise regularly.
    4. Make sure to sleep 8 hours.
    5. Eat balance meal.
    6. Limit yourself from eating unhealthy, oily, junk foods. And also sweets.
    7. See a doctor regularly.
    8. Pray.

Having a healthy lifestyle leads to a happy life and a positive outlook in life.

12. TANPOST

TANPOST Member

The key to staying healthy,is not smoking anything,not drinking any kind of alcoholic beverage , not speaking with a forked tongue to anyone (especially your lover) - and eating no processed foods - only food grown from the ground. Vegetarians say the eating any kind of meat is bad for you - but I can't see myself going without,chicken,beef,and steak !! A BRISK WALK once a week - to keep the lungs and muscles toned and eating fresh fruit - is also the key . Now at 60, I don't feel nor act my age - from living this way since 2012.

13. jaycercanlas

jaycercanlas New Member

Eat more healthy foods like fruits and vegetables. Exercise at least 3 times a week. Get enough sleep. Stay hydrated. Very simple.

14. nitzy

nitzy New Member

To stay healthy, need to eat heathy food, proper diet, proper exercise, get enough sleep, drink 8 glass of water a day, always think positive, avoid over thinking, avoid stress, be happy always.

15. pceug17

pceug17 Member

Textbook tips like: Drinking 2 liters a day. Getting 8-10 hours of sleep, eating healthy like counting your carbs, etc

16. Khim18

Khim18 New Member

To have a healthy body.You need to excercise everyday or atleast three times a week.Drink a cup of tea instead of a cup of caffeine.You need to eat healthy foods like vegetables,fruits and fish.Do not eat junkfoods,fatty foods,sweet foods,oily foods or pork's meat.Avoiding illegal drugs,alcohol and cigarettes are best way to have a healthy life.Also avoid the things that gives you stress and always think possitive.You need to sleep atleast 8-12 hours.Encourage your family too,to do this things especially excersicing.Excersicing with your family makes a family bonding.If you do this things with your family you will have a healthy and happy family.Motivate yourself that you can do it and you will achieve what you want.

17. Pen29

Pen29 Member

You stay healthy being so aware of eating a healthy balanced diet and by keeping you active not just physically, but also mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Part of being healthy is your knowledge to it. Everyone wants to live a long life, so be happy, be smart and live a healthy lifestyle.

18. iansilvino18

iansilvino18 Member

Stop cigarette and eat healthy food like fruits and vegetables also exercise every day for good health.

19. Tunaturkeydog

Tunaturkeydog Member

Best to stay healthy is to have a bigger goal. My goal is to be healthy enough to play, travel hike and do sports with my son even when I'm old. That is a long term goal that will keep you going.

20. janden02

janden02 New Member

• Eat a well-balanced, low-fat diet with lots of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Choose a diet that's low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and moderate in sugar, salt and total fat.
    • Avoid injury by wearing seatbelts and bike helmets, using smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in the home, and using street smarts when walking alone. If you own a gun, recognize the dangers of having a gun in your home. Use safety precautions at all times.
    • Don't smoke, or quit if you do.
    • Drink in moderation if you drink alcohol.

21. jendysarzaba1

jendysarzaba1 New Member

How to stay healthy? The very first thing to do is to eat a balance diet, eat a lot of fruits and vegetables,...reduce eating meat. You have to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. At least 8 hours sleep per night. Avoid cigarette, in moderation of liquor drink and most of all avoid being stressed. Don't forget to pray, always communicate to our God in our daily lives. Because he is the reason for having a healthy life.:)

22. vherix01

vherix01 New Member

To be healthy you must do your daily exercise, eat healthy foods and avoid people that causes you stress.

23. dreamer12

dreamer12 New Member

In order to stay healthy, you need to live an active and aware lifestyle. The following can be adopted to stay healthy.

Focus on a healthy diet. Dieting implies deprivation. Instead, you need to adopt lasting ways to meet the needs of your changing body.
    Learn to tune in to your body"s cues. Paying attention to what you feel can help you learn to eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full.
    Increase exercise and movement. Add short periods of activity to your day.
    Don"t let your weight determine your self esteem. The number on the scale tells you one thing how much you weigh. It says nothing about your value as a person or your chances of happiness.
    Aim for healthy habits and lifestyle. Choose healthy foods and exercise regularly and let your weight stabilize where it will. Choose the books you read, the TV shows you watch and people you interact with. Choose the things that will benefit your soul and body not things that will stress you out.

24. Etaypink1

Etaypink1 Active Member

sky juice only

1 person likes this.
  25. leradj001

leradj001 Member

Well, here's my ways to be healthy:
    1. Avoid temptation- If you are on a strict diet but your cravings are bugging you and you want to eat chocolate even though you already said that you will avoid that then control yourself or else you'll regret it.

2. Don't do vices- Avoid or stop vices like drinking and smoking. Drinking is okay once in an occasion but don't make occasions everyday and Never, ever try smoking as if you know the sentence from the song "killing me softly" it will eventually kill you and the people around you overtime if you continue that bad habit especially the poor people that will be collateral damage from your action.

3. Get enough sleep- the right amount of sleep are 8 Hours everyday and don't neglect that as it is an essential occurrence of the body where it heals and reconstructs itself from your daily grind and taking it for granted will result to your body to be weakened.

4. Balance Diet- Yes don't always stick to junk foods and meat and better to lessen or preferably avoid eating them and eat more green and colorful stuff like fruits and vegetables.

26. romilda

romilda Member

We really need to stay healthy and happy. As what they said, life is beautiful. Stay away from worries love the life you love. Always eat healthy foods take enough rest and always thank the Lord our God.

27. snesz08

snesz08 Member

In order to become healthy, We must have healthy diet and proper exercise to become physically fit. Avoid unhealthy habits because We know that it can destroy our health. Eating fruits and vegetables may improve and maintain our body. I always value my health because health is wealth. I always prepare having vegetable dish in our home. I do physical activity like playing badminton, basketball and volleyball to keep my body active.

Many of us don't listen to our body Because We are so busy in everyday activity but We must have routine or step even in a simple way to keep our body healthy.

28. michpiong

michpiong Member

I am a fan of healthy life style and I will give you some tips if you want to stay healthy...

1. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day for you to stay hydrated because 70% of our body is water.
    So, really water is very important.
    2. Sleep 8 hours a day for you to feel strong and young.
    3. Eat foods like fruits and vegetables for you to have healthy heart, brain and organs.
    4. Don't stress yourself and just focus on the things that will keep your brain and heart happy.
    5. Always think positive.
    6. Have a balance diet and exercise for stronger and healthier body.
    7. Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol
    8. Last, always pray and do good things to people to have a healthy heart and soul.

So you can live happy and longer life.
    I believe that keeping ourselves healthy can save our life and money as well.

29. senseillusion

senseillusion New Member

Well, you have to obey certain amount of rules. I will write four rules that are most important for me. Sleeping well, 6-9 hours a day in the darkest environment possible and in an absolute silence, healthy organic food without any junkfood, exercising at least 3 times a week for 1 hour and finally, good mindset and posititve thinking. Stay healthy guys!

30. senseillusion

senseillusion New Member

Hello everyone, If you do not know CBD oil, I recommend you to find it out on the internet. My father has cancer and it really helps him. And it is not just for cancer patients. CBD oil is one of the most important supplements I have ever seen. I really recommend you to search it out if you do not know any details.