How to survive from breakups.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Alzack50, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Alzack50

Alzack50 Member

For those people here are expert in love i ask you for helping me.

2. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Be realistic and accept it. You have to accept the fact that it is over. Give yourself some time to heal. Once you get it out of your system, go and face the world again. It's a part of life. Maybe there is someone out there who is better than the one you broke up with so go find that someone.

3. Jaaypee

Jaaypee Member

Woman and gentleman have their own ways of moving on from a heartache. Ladies usually burst it out (as in all out) through crying, telling or sharing it to some people, cutting hair, and traveling. This is what a woman usually do as a sign of moving on and after that, she's ready to face a new chapter of life. My mother told me that women are emotionally stronger than the men because the way they handle the pain is right. On the other side, boys are spending most of their time with friends and alcohols. They say that it is the time they can be bold enough to be honest with themselves.

4. Pineapple112233

Pineapple112233 New Member

Well, I guess breakups isn't just for people who cut connections to you though. However, in your case, I highly suggest that you go for travel and disconnect from social media, though I haven't had experienced painful breakups but breakups from school and jobs are painful too. So basing from my experience that I got to travel (the place I traveled apparently doesn't have signal so technically I have no choice to be connected with social media lol which is a good thing hehe). So yeah, maybe try that and bring friends too so it will be extra fun :)

5. vebselpo

vebselpo Member

Just have this thought in your mind, you didn't end up with that guy or girl because he or she wasn't the right one for you. You haven't found yet the one who's meant for you.

6. mayimayi

mayimayi Member

You just have to accept the fact that you and that someone are better off without each other. That there's someone out there who will compliment you, that both of you will be a better person.

7. kirbycorpin02

kirbycorpin02 Member

[​IMG]

Here are The Ways on How to Ease the Pain of Ending a Relationship.
    1. Let the tears flow in your eyes. It's healthy to release the pain.
    2. Do something to change your mood. Keep busy. You can do exercise at least 20 minutes everyday. Watch a TV show or a movie. Learn to know the things that will make you fun and beneficial for you.
    3. Talk to your friends or family. Find emotional support from your loved ones. Don't go it alone. It's better to talk to someone too.
    4. Think before finding a replacement. Don't mask your pain by entering into a rebound relationship. You may unconsciously use another person to fill the gap. It will be only for short term and doesn't mean that you can give your full commitment to the other one.
    5. Don't rush. Take your time little by little. You have to be patient. At the right time, you will feel better and find love again.
    6. Read inspirational stories or positive advises. There are some great books and blogs on how to survive from heartbreaks. It will help you to change your perspective in life.

Always remember that true love will find its way. Hope it helps. :)

8. emax2000

emax2000 Member

I would say by keeping yourself busy with books and other forms of entertainment. Try as much as possible not to think about your partner. Time heals all.

9. janeluuuh

janeluuuh New Member

I think you you have to keep a tight schedule, meaning you won’t be having a time to just lie down and cry your heart out. Also let your friends and family help you throughout, it would be great knowing someone cares you a lot.

10. AprilDeOcampo

AprilDeOcampo New Member

There is no easy way or shortcuts to survive the breakup. You just have to follow the process.
    *Embrace the pain - cry your heart out
    *Take time to heal - trust the process of moving on. It is only you who can tell that you've moved on and that you are really ok. There is no standard length of time. It is your own decision.
    *Accept that the relationship has ended - Just accept that it is over, don't dwell or the what if's.
    *Reflect on what happened in the relationship - check your yourself-- what could you have done wrong and learn from it and carry the right things you've done to your next relationship
    *Forgive your ex and yourself too
    *Spend time alone for a while - stay single for a while to love yourself more and get to know what you really want. Surround yourself with friends and family. This would recover the loss time with them when you were too focused in your relationship
    *Be a better you! - Go out, have fun and enjoy a life! You are great and you get the love you deserve with the right person in right place and time, so prepare your self and your heart.

11. valentinja

valentinja New Member

my motto in life is people bring lessons.
    You were obviously not a good match and wasn't your forever so take a step back and remember what you did to them and what they did to you. If you didn't give them enough attention and neglected their feelings then keep that in mind in the next relationship. If you realized that you don't like the way they were choosing their friends over you then keep that in mind as a red flag for the next significant other. Take break ups as learning experiences that better yourself for the next person. These experiences are just leading you closer to the one you'll wake up to for the rest of your life!

12. jeda30

jeda30 Member

Breakup is a pain and a stress but it is always a learning. Learning to let go of someone that you really love and finding someone that deserves your love. It can be very hard at first that your emotions are carried away by this kind of problem like the feeling of anger, shock, loneliness, sadness, fear, and desperate but sooner you'll be realizing that everything has a reason. This breakup could be an ordeal for your next relationship. You'll have to work for it for you to overcome the pain like being open to your family and close friends about how you feel, be with people that bring you up and do things that keep you motivated and encouraged like outdoor activities, hanging out with friends or listening to music. Just bear in mind that there is someone who is destined for you that God allocates.

13. devincci

devincci Member

Breakups are one of the hardest things in life, it means it is already part of our life you just need to accept it. It is hard but that is the reality. Accepting is also hard when it comes to breakups but don't mind what you feel just think for another day. Everything has a reason why it happened to you. Just surrounds yourself with smiles and happy vibes, do all the things you want, think about the positive happenings in your life but not including him/her, like your family the friends that are still by your side even the worse of your life. Breakups are just meant that he/she is not for you there are some people that you might encounter and maybe one of them is destined for you.

14. yhanmar08

yhanmar08 Member

I survived break ups by drinking and hanginhnout with my friends. That is when i was in college. When i was a teenager a have three break ups experinced and i overcomed it. But i did not regret all of it because every failures you can learned something to it and it can make you more stronger person. When i am hanging out with my friends thats when i met my husband and me and my boyfriend that time just broke up. I always spend time with him and developed my feelings for him. Now we are happy with three kids.
    Always remember that every thing was happen for a reason.;);):)

15. Teambits

Teambits New Member

Surviving breakups may seem abit hard and hectic to some extent but you have to forget about it and move on with your life.When you remain stagnant, everything around you will start to change including the most important things like your family and even your friends.Your life in general will be affected negatively.

16. AngKool27

AngKool27 Member

turn to Jesus and surrender to Him and all will be okay.

17. vanessadv

vanessadv New Member

The time I broke up with my five and a half years boyfriend, I did the things he forbid me like traveling, hanging out with friends, and wearing sexy attires. And then I found myself in traveling, though it cost me a lot of money, I still feel so happy going into new places I've never been into. I met different people during my journey and improve my socialization skills.

18. vikramsri

vikramsri New Member

Firstly the most important thing is to move on completely and forget the person. Give yourself time and appreciate yourself. Try to keep yourself engaged in activities such as games, movies or reading. Just divert your mind and stop thinking about it because that will make situations worse.

19. jhezz20

jhezz20 Member

The first thing i did is to accept it. Yes, it hurts. I cried a river. But i stood up after, picking the broken pieces of myself. I put it all back. And i slowly turned myself back to who i am before i met him. Do things without him until i forget about him and loved myself more as if nothing more matters than myself. And I learned a lesson from a wrong relationship. Now, i am not still ready to accept a new relationship. I will just wait for the right time and right person.

20. mibridina2001

mibridina2001 Member

Dealing with breakups is so hard. It will take you a lot of time to fully move on from a breakup. But if you are still in the process of moving on, keep your self busy, and make your self happy. You deserve all the happiness in the world.

21. mbrnrd

mbrnrd Member

Talk with people who really care about you. Move forward

22. Tonio2017

Tonio2017 New Member

Let your self cry and feel the pain!But don't talk or open an argument when you are angry,cause you cannot take back what you had said to anyone once it is said and done!
    Second, take time to soul searching,find yourself and talk to GOD!
    Third, learn how to forgive!
    And last but not the least "Stand up and be brave to face the one who caused you pain"!Give him or her a big smile simply saying that they cannot let you down!!!

In short "LEARN TO LOVE YOUSELF FIRST".

23. Ayhie

Ayhie Member

First love you self; loving your self provides you self-confidence, self- worth and it will help you feel positive in life. If you learn how to love your self you will be much happier and you will learn how to best take care of yourself. Second, be with your friends and have fun with them. You'll forget you problems and lessen your anxiety if you know you have someone you can lean on or a shoulder to cry on. It is easier to open up your problems with friends because you know they will understand you and you have the same level of thinking. And third bonding with your family like watching movies, beach outing, fishing, kayaking and more will give you strength and courage to move on and cope up. And with the love and support they will give you the burden and pain in your heart will fade.

24. bayinnah12

bayinnah12 New Member

Remember your still you even after the relationship is over and that it just takes time to get over it. There's no easy way out. Your going to cry and shout maybe but that's okay. Life will go on and you will love again. Stay positive. Some people are stepping stones in our lives and aren't meant to stay forever. <3

25. stphniemaun

stphniemaun New Member

Breakups are one of the painful events we can have in our life. In order to survive from breakups, you need to focus on yourself. Love yourself first so that you can rebuild again. Do not let the pain get ahead of you. Breaking up with someone doesn't mean you breakup with the world. There are other things you can do that can alter yourself from the pain you are having. Do things that interests you. Do socialize and bond with your friends and family. Accept and move on. You will never survive a breakup if you cannot accept that fact. And if you accept, it will be the best decision you've made. At first it's hard, but later on you will realized that the breakup you've been into, is just a mere memories and the pain is no longer there.

26. SaimaElas

SaimaElas Member

Just feel the pain until you become immune with it. One time you will just woke up and realise that you already not thinking about him/her all the time.

27. mayega

mayega New Member

Breakup is the second most painful experience after the loss of a loved one through death. One may tend to find answers as to why it happened and whether to move or not. Time heals every wound. What you need is to focus on something you like to destruct you. It may be your career, company of friends, and some other social activities. In due time you will get rid of the pain.

28. elaineeeeeey

elaineeeeeey New Member

just MOVED ON.
    think that its a waste of time crying for someone who don't deserve you at all.
    its not the end of the world yet.
    many things will come for you.
    JUST BE HAPPY and Smile.

29. Shadzwrite

Shadzwrite New Member

How a person goes about dealing with a breakup is dependent on so many different things that it simply cannot be answered with generic responses.
    The depth of the love,the nature of the relationship and the way it ended are some of the many ideals to consider in attempting to address this.
    However, regardless of the answer to any of the mentioned questions,I’ve found this advice to be invaluable. When you lose someone you love, someone you once shared yourself with in ways you haven’t with another, it is most important to allow yourself to feel.
    Feel sad, feel disappointed, feel heartbroken or overwhelmed or devastated. Allow yourself to acknowledge your emotions, for it is only in getting through them, that you will ever get over it.
    Your pride will disagree. Your ego will convince you to mask the pain. It will present hatred and bitterness as an alternative, it will encourage revenge. It will push you to react rather than to reflect. When that fails, it will suggest the next best thing, instant gratification.
    Drugs, alcohol or sex.
    Although in the moment, undeniably you may feel better, but the temporary relief comes with sometimes irrevocable consequences.
    Feel.
    The first step to get over a relationship is to allow yourself to feel. It will hurt and you may break ,but it is the only healthy way.
    Focus your attention on yourself, rather than said person. Take time out of your busy schedule for self care.
    Read a book, heck ...write a book! Take walks, pick up yoga, get a facial. Channel that energy and tendency to focus on your pain, to better yourself.
    Talk nicely to yourself. That may seem like a joke but it really isn’t.
    You need to allow your person to become familiar with being addressed with love and respect. Words of affirmation , patience and gentleness. Become your best friend.
    There may be times you feel pathetic for chasing behind your ex lover. For reaching out to someone who clearly doesn’t have your best interest. In these moments, be patient with yourself. Eventually the love you show yourself will allow you the clarity you need to realize you deserve better.
    Then and only then, you’ll be ready to step back into the dating pool, attracting person’s aware of your divinity and ready to honor it.

30. donald78

donald78 Member

Cry all you want. Let the tears flow because it's healthy that you are releasing grief and pain. Do something every day to help yourself heal. Find emotional support and don't be a doormat, or keep busy always. Don't try to mask your pain by trying to find a replacement. Avoid spending time too much alone and trust your feelings. You will get used to it sooner or later.