How will you memorize lyrics faster?

Discussion in 'Music' started by JesReen, Apr 6, 2019.

1. JesReen

JesReen Member

Listening tothe song while reading the lyrics helps me memorize and familiarize it faster

2 people like this.
  2. fikaaaa14

fikaaaa14 New Member

While listening to music and repeating the lyrics out loud, and also reading the lyrics of that song.

1 person likes this.
  3. Isakft

Isakft Member

Learning the lyrics to a song is extremely easy. If you have a song you really love and enjoy listening to, just sing out whatever you think they are saying, this makes the song so much better. If you ever want to learn the song word-for-word, just search the lyrics up and read while listening to the song. Highly recommend the first one though!

1 person likes this.
  4. moemen55

moemen55 Member

rehym make lyrics stuck in the head.

5. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

When you like that much and listen to it often, you will know it by heart.

6. Majae

Majae New Member

I always listen to the music repeatedly, even when I'm sleeping because I know my brain is still working and will help me memorize it. :):whistle:

7. wkndroyal

wkndroyal Member

Listening repeatedly to the song. After listening to it for a couple of rounds, start singing along with it and continue to do so until it comes to you instantly without having to look at the lyrics. Repeating things is always the best way to commit things to memory.

8. Aviecells

Aviecells Member

I can memorize a particular song if I can hear it multiple times. There are at least three reasons why we remember musical lyrics well, says music psychologist Vicky Williamson.

The first reason is mere exposure. Music is everywhere; in shops, bars, cars, gyms and restaurants. Most people have no idea how often they have listened to their favourite songs, but it can add up to hundreds even thousands of times.

The second reason lyrics often stick is because they can be related to strong emotions. Music can trigger these in of itself and we can link it to emotional events, becoming representative of our big highs and lows.

Finally, lyrics can come effortlessly to mind because they are part motor memory. A common reaction to music, lyrical or not, is to learn to sing along, even if we only do this out loud in the privacy of the shower.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zgqqrdm

9. snesz08

snesz08 Member

I memorise the song when I always play it on my song list. it gives me relaxing feeling and comfort. I always listen to lyrics that's why I memorise it.

10. luzclarizarc

luzclarizarc New Member

In order to memorize a song, listen to it, on repeat. Repeating these songs every day will totally help you to memorize their structure and lyrics better because you've familiarized yourself already with the song itself. Now, it would be easy for you to recognize the song and in the end, without actively knowing, you already know the song completely.

11. jemsameya26

jemsameya26 New Member

In order to memorize lyrics of a song faster, first you have to master it sang it with a heart. Read and read every now and then.

12. diazvac

diazvac Member

Make the song lyrics genuinely and authentically become part of you and try to connect with it by reminiscing on some experiences in your life. Use real emotions like happiness, anger, sadness, excitement, sorrow, etc. and connect them to each phrase of verse of the song depending on what the lyrics of the song is telling.

13. Warren1967

If you really like the song, you'll memorize the lyrics in no time. When you keep listening to the song, it starts to become a part of you. There will come a time that the song will just play and you start singing along with it without even thinking about the lyrics. That's when you know that you memorized the song. Enjoy!

14. jajamon04

jajamon04 Member

I usually download the lyrics on my phone and sing along while the music is playing. By doing so, you will be able to memorize the words easily.

15. kapta

kapta New Member

This are the ways that work best for me:

- I once read in a biography of Frank Sinatra that he used to write down the lyrics of a particular song over and over until he fell asleep just the day before performing. It worked like a charm.

- Look for the song on youtube in karaoke version and sing along with the lyrics presented. (without you playing the instrument)

- Sing the lyrics in bed at night time just before you fall asleep. The brain will absorb the lyrics into the subconscious mind. Then sing the lyrics right after you wake up to refresh the memory. It’s a strong and effective way of getting information into the long term memory and increase your retention.

- Memorize the first line and sing it out loud, learn the second line and sing out loud. Now repeat the first and second lines together, then add the third line sing out loud, then sing all 3 lines together and so on.

16. Warren1967

I just listen to the song and sing along with it as it plays.

17. Mitzkie

Mitzkie New Member

Look what is the song was all about, the story behind all the phrases and also to attach the emotion of the song. Just play the song repeatedly and sing along with it and you'll be amazed how the lyrics become nature to you.

18. Miah123

Miah123 New Member

I love listening to music and have memorized so many songs. For me, whenever I hear a song and liked it, I will listen to it repeatedly and once I am familiar with the rhythm that's when I read the lyrics of the song. That is my way of memorizing a song. It is not about memorizing the lyrics itself, you should also know how to express each word in a lyrics so that you can deliver it in a good way. Also learn the story behind that song to help you and your audience (in case you have to perform) understand the true meaning of the song. Make them feel happy if the song is about happiness and positivity, and make them sad if the lyrics of the song is also sad.

1 person likes this.
  19. Tasheika

Tasheika Member

Keep that song on replay.

1 person likes this.
  20. Cesssie

Cesssie New Member

Repetition and singing along with it.

1 person likes this.
  21. Janner29

Janner29 New Member

Well for me the best way to memorize a song the fastest way around is through repetitive playing, search for the lyrics of the particular song and try to sing along with it again and again. In this way, you can easily memorize and familiarize the lyrics, the tone and even the melody of the song. If you find it still hard to memorize the lyrics of a particular song, try looking for songs that you can relate with. ^_^

22. BettyLaFea

BettyLaFea New Member

I wish i could memorize all the love song and sing it all to you. It is hard but all you need is practice. If you're not sure where to begin, turn on the song and start listening carefully. One reason why the ‘Baby Shark’ song is so popular is because it is a catchy, easy to memorize song with repetitive lyrics and it’s upbeat tune can turn a frown upside down. But it's more than that.

23. Teachergeorge

Teachergeorge Member

The chorus is the first part of the lyrics which i master first. Secondly, i normally google the lyrics then play the song in you tube and read along as the song plays. I later do the same thing for two consecutive weeks and memorize the whole song.

24. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

in my early twenties I went backpacking in Australia with my girlfriend. During that trip we spent three days on a catamaran sailing the Great Barrier Reef with a group of people. One of the best times of my life.

When I first entered the catamaran the hosts asked me if I could play guitar. I was dumbfounded and said “huh, yes I do” and thought to myself, “how did they know that?” Later I would find out they asked everyone the same question.

In the evening we would all come together for a drink and a laugh. And then suddenly one of the hosts came out with a guitar and started playing and singing songs to entertain everyone.

Then after a while they handed the guitar over to me and said “Now it’s your turn!”. I thought, okay I’ll play a couple of tunes (I had been playing for about ten years by then) and suddenly I realized I could play a whole bunch of songs and some pretty cool solos, but I couldn’t sing the lyrics to the songs because I didn’t got them memorized.

25. lppenna

lppenna New Member

I do just that to memorize it, and when I make a mistake some of the music keeps repeating until I go

26. jjmontero

jjmontero Member

By playing the song repeatedly.

27. Jubilado

Jubilado New Member

When i want to learn the lyrics of any song i just play the music repeatedly with the lyrics on the side and sing along. When you realize you already know the lyrics and you can sing wherever you want.

28. elaineeeeeey

elaineeeeeey New Member

Based on my experience, Its way faster when you are interested in the song. It also easy to memorize when you havethe lyrics at the same time listening to song. One more tip is to Listen to it every morning and evening while singing also.