i want to gain weight

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by GirlieTM, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Gooddeals

Gooddeals New Member

It is simple!
    Eat a lot - more of carbohydrates.
    Drink enough water always.
    Sleep well - create enough time for sleep. Don't skip siesta.
    But before you start gaining weight ask those that are weighty how they feel. Gaining weight could be easy but losing it is work.

2. imonline

imonline New Member

This is something that I've had challenges with in the past. I had tried numerous ways to put on a few pounds, and I had very little success. A friend suggested that I try a product called Enu, which has 450 calories per shake. I drink two of these a day in addition to whatever else I'm eating for the day. I can say that it has definitely helped me gain weight.

3. Shalom Ezebunwa

Shalom Ezebunwa New Member

It's your body, you should do whatever you want to do to it. Except it's unhealthy, then that's a different problem. I'm also trying to gain weight.

4. Jimona

Jimona New Member

I also want to gain weight. But even how much i tried. I cannot my weight still the same.

I eat alot, two to three cups of rice each meal four times a day plus snack in between and nothing change at all.

I also did Zumba and stretching excercises two times a day and i'd been doing it for more than one month now. Some of my friends told me it work but it dosen't

What should i do?

5. lloydy

lloydy New Member

Yes. the struggle is real. I had the same desire before. I used to be petite since high school and I gradually lose weight till I started working. My first job was toxic. The pressure and stress caused my appetite to fade. My eating habits were not healthy as well. So I never gained weight. But when I got pregnant. My cravings for food got stronger each day. That is when I started to gain weight. And even after giving birth, I still gained weight. Well, I guess that if you are mentally and emotionally relaxed, and you eat healthy food, then you will likely to gain weight.

6. legendary_01

legendary_01 New Member

Gaining weight is Difficult for some who have a fast metabolism.

To gain weight you must do this steps I'd mention:

In Morning Drink 160ml of Water, don't eat and drink any drinkable products wait until 45 minutes was finish.
    when 45 minutes ended. You eat any Food's or Drink any what you want.

Also don't forget to drink 8 Glasses of Water a day because it makes our organs function better and not to forget to exercise everyday.

this will help you gain WEIGHT not FAT. This is also called Water Theraphy.

7. Kevin Nordal Kemal

Kevin Nordal Kemal New Member

Listen, If you want to gain or loose weight it is up to you. Whatever makes you feel happy with yourself you need to do it. You cannot listen to your friends and so on because it is not their body and they will not live in it. I have myself had this issue and still have. It just demands hard work from you and to push yourself in every aspect of your transformation. Anything is possible, you can do it.

8. james deakin

james deakin New Member

Great thread.
    I have struggled to put on weight for many years, i know it is because of my metabolism but it does not make it any easier. The most effective way for me personally is having a good breakfast like porridge and then a protein shake, maybe banana's and nuts as snacks throughout the day if you get a little peckish.
    As advice for a guy i would recommend using protein shakes a couple of times a day combined with training such as body weight exercises on a regular basis. You will soon stack on the pounds.

9. Ephedrine

Ephedrine New Member

I think gaining weight is much easier than loosing weight.
    The best advice i can give you is to make your own weight-gainer shake.
    The problem with most mass gainers is that they are loaded with cheap sugars as a carb source. Not only can this lead to greater fat gain, it can make drinking them several times a day unhealthy.
    So i suggest you to buy this ingredients : peanut butter,coconut oil,whole milk,oats,banana,chia seeds and eggs.
    Simply combine all ingredients in a blender and drink it.

Be sure you are in caloric surplus. You cant gain weight if you are in a caloric deficit.

10. Nonso Daniel

Nonso Daniel New Member

If you really want to gain weight, the simplest method to gain weight is to eat late at night before going to bed, eat in the morning, sleep for 2 hours for eating in the morning, drink plenty of water, focus on resting, with that you gain weight in less than two weeks.

11. jamechi

jamechi Member

Gain what ?
    weight

Eat us much junk food, drink soda, drink juices that has so much sugar, eat meat, Wala your fat lol

Have a blessed day

12. Banaag124

Banaag124 New Member

This is my problem before i want to gain weight! Taking different kinds of vitamins and then my doctor gave me vitamins which is very expensive but worth it its appebon and then he said " force your self to eat" no matter what..

1) Rice
    2) bread

Breakfast-snack-lunch-snack-dinner-midnight snack my routine

13. KittyKatC

KittyKatC New Member

Hi GirlieTM :) If you feel that you want to gain weight, then do what is right by you! In the end, it is your body and your happiness should come from how you view yourself and not the opinions of others.

I have tried to gain weight before as I have always wanted to be more curvaceous. I did a lot of researching and one method I found to be the healthiest is by eating a lot of protein base meals (such as chicken, shrimp, eggs, legumes, etc. with vegetables and whole grains) while lifting weights to build muscle mass in places such as my hips, thighs and butt. I do not know your exact stats, nor am I a nutritionist, so I cannot suggest what exactly you need to eat or do, but researching information whether on google, or pinterest or even fitness blogs will be a good start.

Always check with your doctor first or speak with a nutritionist. And please avoid suggestions of eating a lot of white rice or just eating a lot and sitting, these are NOT healthy! You should aim to gain healthy weight which is possible!

14. jhoanne1128

jhoanne1128 New Member

As for me yes i want to gain weight. I always tried to gain weight before but it is difficult for me to gain weight. I eat a lot but still gaining weight is not for me.

15. echo98

echo98 New Member

I badly want to gain weight too. I'm really conscious about my physical appearance because I was bullied when I was grade school. They said I was too skinny and asking questions, " Do you really eat?". I felt bad that time. I always tell them that my metabolism is fast and it's in our genes. In our generation, there are a lot of people doing body shaming in social media. It's easy for them to write hate comments because they're hiding in their PCs, laptops or phones. But they don't know that the person they're commenting hate comments felt bad about theirselves. This could lead to depression and can cause suicide. But then, I embraced my skinny body and I'm proud of it. It's better to accept who you are.

16. KittyKatC

KittyKatC New Member

This is very true. I was in your position also while in school. I was made fun of for being skinny. There were so many things I was never self-conscious about until someone pointed it out. People will make fun of you whether you are skinny, fat, short, tall, it doesn't matter to them if they are going to be a bully and you are their target. That's great that you were able to embrace your shape and be proud!

In the end, we are our own worst critics. Love yourself for who you are and what you have! I didn't start being proud and embracing my body until after I had 5 kids. Now I look back and wonder why did I ever listen to others and why wasn't I confident in myself the whole time.

echo98 likes this.
  17. echo98

echo98 New Member

I'm so happy for you! It's so lovely that you already have 5 kids. I hope that this won't happen to the kids. Just keep telling to them that don't bother their bullies and just shrug it off. Embrace and be happy.

18. Gibbson

Gibbson New Member

I used to eat as much as I like and not worrying about gaining weight because I don't gain weight, back then. Until I started working with all the stress, overtime, deadlines to finish, colleagues whos hard to deal with and the issue of not doing the things you like to do, I started to gain weight. Then the food control comes in, limit my self with fatty food and stuff and starting to look for healthy foods.

In time, your body will betray you. It will store all the fats you ate and then give you problems of how to get your beautiful skinny body back.

19. Deda1997

Deda1997 New Member

It does not matter what the world says, it matters what you have been proposing. If you want to gain weight, all you have to do is exceed your daily caloric needs, that is, strive to eat even if you feel full. I had a diet plan based on weight gain in October. After only two months, the progress came from 70 to 80 pounds.

20. Beydingeh

Beydingeh New Member

Everything worth keeping comes with patience and perseverance, so don't be in a hurry following those tons of eating regimes on the internet or what your next door self proclaimed nutrition guru might tell you to follow. Also everyone has a different body type so one size doesn't fits all either. It depends on which type your body is, ectomorph or slender, mesomorph or medium or endomorph or sturdy. I believe you are ectomorph to be asking about gaining weight . My mother tells me about a friend of her that how she used to be like pencil , and the one day she decided to put on mass and went on an eating spree. She now looks like sumo wrestler, and that is not at all healthy. I've heard that she has a lot of health issues related to obesity. So, gaining weight entirely by eating is not the way to go. Gaining all body fats as mass is worse than not having mass. Although a healthy amount of body fats is necessary and even looks good an a female.

Weight gain I would say is best achieved when diet is supplemented by moderate workout, or heavy if you want. I've seen people gaining healthy body mass by this way, and they look good, also it's healthy. Having good body mass also protects against injuries to a certain extent. The most important ingredients for weight gain are protein, carbohydrates and a bit of fats, sourced from natural stuffs though not junk. Potatoes , meat ,milk, peanut, and butter might do the job well. It's also important not to forget the vitamins so oranges and leafy stuffs must be under reach too as you need them for muscle repair. Did I forget whole eggs? But it's important to stay in limit and what you eat has to match how much you are working out. Exercise also gives you those strong legs which really looks nice on girl, I don't know what others say but I like it. But again I'm just suggesting you, what do you think??!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  21. benjevander

benjevander New Member

Gaining weight in a healthy way matters like eating high protein and high fiber diet,eating high fat and high carb diet would make you look like a skinny fat,and that is awful.Second thing is working out or going to gym to have a good shape.That is a best combo to meet you goals

22. YhuLrick

YhuLrick New Member

I'm a skinny person and I also want to gain weight but even I eat a lot of rice I'm still skinny, I also try different vitamins but nothing works. It's so hard to gain weight to the point that you keep of stuffing your mouth with any food and still skinny.

23. GTP2

GTP2 New Member

I am guessing if you are saying you want to lose weight that you are what we call a hard gainer. My mum was like that when she was a kid too, but sadly she did not have the supplements that we have today. Most likely you are not eating enough. You may eat till your full, but that just is not enough. You should honestly be eating past full. Pushing your body with high weight so your muscles are forced to grow and muscle weighs twice as much as fat. You should try to eat 3-4 peanut butter and honey sandwiches. They are dense with carbs, fats, and proteins. Hopefully this helps remember when pushing high weight you should be getting 4-6 reps per set.

24. rafa

rafa New Member

I was so thin and slim before. I weighed only about 49-50 kg then I'm 65 kg now. I wanted to gain weight so bad before. So what I did was always eat a lot of food. Never skip meals and keep yourself always full. Of course I've added working out like lifting weights to make me bulkier. Don't forget also to drink milk twice a day. After breakfast and before you sleep. This is very effective for me. I gained 10kg in only 2 months. Try it and thank me late :)

25. Balatszki_07

Balatszki_07 Member

Although being lean can often be healthy, being underweight can be a concern if it's the result of poor nutrition or if you are pregnant or have other health concerns. So, if you're underweight, see your doctor or dietitian for an evaluation. Together, you can plan how to meet your goal weight.

• Eat more frequently. When you're underweight, you may feel full faster. Eat five to six smaller meals during the day rather than two or three large meals.
    • Choose nutrient-rich foods. As part of an overall healthy diet, choose whole-grain breads, pastas and cereals; fruits and vegetables; dairy products; lean protein sources; and nuts and seeds.
    • Try smoothies and shakes. Don't fill up on diet soda, coffee and other drinks with few calories and little nutritional value. Instead, drink smoothies or healthy shakes made with milk and fresh or frozen fruit, and sprinkle in some ground flaxseed. In some cases, a liquid meal replacement may be recommended.
    • Watch when you drink. Some people find that drinking fluids before meals blunts their appetite. In that case, it may be better to sip higher calorie beverages along with a meal or snack. For others, drinking 30 minutes after a meal, not with it, may work.
    • Make every bite count. Snack on nuts, peanut butter, cheese, dried fruits and avocados. Have a bedtime snack, such as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or a wrap sandwich with avocado, sliced vegetables, and lean meat or cheese.
    • Top it off. Add extras to your dishes for more calories — such as cheese in casseroles and scrambled eggs, and fat-free dried milk in soups and stews.
    • Have an occasional treat. Even when you're underweight, be mindful of excess sugar and fat. An occasional slice of pie with ice cream is OK. But most treats should be healthy and provide nutrients in addition to calories. Bran muffins, yogurt and granola bars are good choices.
    • Exercise. Exercise, especially strength training, can help you gain weight by building up your muscles. Exercise may also stimulate your appetite.

26. crysha

crysha New Member

If you want to gain weight,you need to eat more calories than your body burns. Don’t go by feeling since it’s easy to overestimate your calorie intake. Instead start by tracking everything you eat. Find out how many calories you need to gain weight. Then consistently eat more calories.

27. enormedaniel14

enormedaniel14 New Member

For some people, gaining weight or adding muscle can be just as difficult as losing weight. However, simply adding certain foods to your diet can be very effective to gain weight. I've been doing my workout for almost a year and a half now. It's actually feels great, losing my belly fat transforming into abs! There are best foods that can help you to gain weight or add muscle, the healthy way. You can add to your diet some Protien Shake Drinks, Milk, Rice is a convenient, low-cost carb source to help you gain weight, cooked rice provides 190 calories, 43 grams of carbs and very little fat. Nuts and nut butters are a perfect choice if you're looking to gain weight. Potatoes and other starchy foods are a very easy and cost-effective way to add in extra calories. Oats, Red meats are probably one of the best muscle-building foods available.Dried fruit is a high-calorie snack that also provides antioxidants and micronutrients. Like red meat, salmon and oily fish are excellent sources of protein and important healthy fats. Mostly those are the foods/drinks you can take for you to gain weight. But before you undergo gaining weight, we need to be certain about your health. We need to know the reason behind why are you having real hard time to gain weight even though you strived hard to eat. You may need to consult a Doctor before you undergo gaining weight, And from there you'll going to have a perfect picture and plan for you to gain weight.

28. Carlos Chettick

Carlos Chettick New Member

I think if you want to gain some weight you have to eat a lot of protein and carbohydrates. At least you have to eat five times a day and keep this nutrition plan for about six months. Another important fact is that you have to take regulary nap to absorb all this nutrients. But there is one thing is missing; this thing is The Mind. The state of mind. You have to believe you are going to get more weight and act like that. You have to change and transfom your mind so your mind can be in the same position your bady wants to.

29. Joemax31

Joemax31 New Member

If you are slim you can take a mass gainer, its like a whey protein powder that you mix with water and theres is a specific amount which you can take per day. It will increase your appetite and will make you eat a lot. The mass gainer will be more effective if you do exercises.

30. Khloeloe

Khloeloe New Member

Currently, I'm actually in the process of gaining weight. I do lift weights as building muscles can help you gain some and it can tone your body too! In a span of 2 weeks, I managed to gain 5 kg. So amazed with the results and will continue to do so. You should add healthy foods and supplements as well to help you a bit more in gaining those muscles.