I want to work out but I'm too lazy.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by clarketime, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

It is not daunting if you find a workout routine that you enjoy and is effective.

2. nheilm2020

nheilm2020 Member

Do some push up every day at home to firm your muscles without going to the gym.

3. mibridina2001

mibridina2001 Member

Working out is hard especially when you don't have motivation. That's why start looking for motivation or build one. Here are some of my suggestions:
    1. Think of the things that is bringing you down. List all those negative thoughts of yours.
    2. Set goals. Write them all down. Make a list or a journal.
    3. Work! Work! Work! Apply what you have listed. Make your move!
    4. Always think positive. Work hard, work harder, work hardest, and never give up.
    5. Workout with friends
    6. Don't be disappointed if you're expecting to see instant results. Results take time, you'll get there.
    7. Be consistent in working out. Inspire your self and motivate your self always. Remember why you started.

You will do great!

4. mkrisdc

mkrisdc New Member

First of all, you need to have the motivation to work out. You must have a goal, and make sure that it is SMART:

S - Specific
    • Well defined
    M - Measurable
    • Know if the goal is obtainable and how far away completion is
    • Find out when you have achieved your goal
    A - Attainable
    • This focuses on how important a goal is to you and what you can do to make it attainable and may require developing new skills and changing attitudes. Think about how to accomplish the goal and if you have the tools/skills needed. If you don’t currently possess those tools/skills, consider what it would take to attain them.
    R - Realistic
    • Within the availability of resources, knowledge and time
    T - Time bound
    • Enough time to achieve the goal
    Example:
    Goal: I will lose 10 pounds in 1 month by working out at home every morning

Once you have a goal to help motivate you, you need to decide that you want to commit to the plan you laid out in order to reach your end goal. You need to start making good decisions that lead you toward achieving the goals you set. Here is a video that helped me understand how I can stop making bad decisions that hinder me from completing my plans:
    How To Stop Bad Decisions With Willpower

Once your goal is set, and you understand how willpower works, it is time to build a habit.
    How To Properly Build Your Habit

Here is a simple example:
    Goal: Work out every morning
    Low bar: 10 minutes
    High bar: 1 hour
    Cue: Set an alarm clock in the living room to wake me up
    Reward: Tea with creamer

As your action plan becomes a habit, it will be easier for you to reach your goal.

I hope this has been helpful. Please do let me know how it turns out. You can do it! ;):thumbsup: