If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by joanarc321, Apr 1, 2019.

1. joanarc321

joanarc321 Member

If you would be given the chance to talk to your younger self, what do you think would be your advise to yourself?

1 person likes this.
  2. My advice to my younger self:
    Study hard and focus to your dream. Love what you have right now. Dont rush things because eventually things happen in the right time. Chase your dream and move for bright future. Help your family. Always look where you came from. Dont forget to put your feet on the ground

3. mebgem

mebgem New Member

My advise to my younger self is to believe in yourself. Be confident and don't mind the other people around you. Do not get discouraged by what other people will say. Be yourself and be proud of who you are, what you want and what you want to be. Do not be afraid to be judged, no matter how good and kind you are, there will still people who will judge you, might as well do things that you love and enjoy.

1 person likes this.
  4. camzjimenez

camzjimenez New Member

The most important advice that I would give my younger self is to spend money wisely. Yes, we have to live our life to the fullest and enjoy every moment of it while we can because we can never go back in the past but we can always enjoy our life without spending too much. We have to balance everything in our daily life to be able to achieve more in the near future. What good does it gets if we waste our money for temporary happiness without saving some for the times ahead of us? Always remember that true happiness can be achieved if we live our life without having any regrets in the future.

1 person likes this.
  5. jsaxon1502

jsaxon1502 New Member

If I could go back I'd tell myself not to worry so much about what other people thought of me and to put more effort into schooling instead of doing the bare minimum to get by. I'd also tell myself to spend more time with my grandparents cause they were gone too soon.

1 person likes this.
  6. moemen55

moemen55 Member

I would tell him what not to do, like, don't dream, don't be a writer, don't live this life kid.

1 person likes this.
  7. gcm2455

gcm2455 Member

The best advice I could give to my younger self is to dream big but to work also on dreams. First, she should not lose idealism even though she should also keep her feet on the concrete, solid ground. Dreams should be made worthwhile and relevant. Moreover, practicality should also be given importance over sentimentality. Financial security can be attained even though resources are meager and opportunities rare. Daydreaming may also buffer one from the hard knocks of life, but actual working and doing is more beneficial.

1 person likes this.
  8. Aviecells

Aviecells Member

If I could give my younger self a pice of advise, I will tell her to pursue what she really wanted to be. Do not be afraid to try and take risk. Do not fall in love quickly because it may hinder your success.

1 person likes this.
  9. sheennayu

sheennayu New Member

dear younger self,
    hi I am YOU. how are you? are you in a lot of trouble this past few days? its ok darling everything will be fine. remember what mom tells us "Everything happens for a Reason" and remember God did not put you to things that will make your life doomed just put your trust in Him. ok. your family loves you even if you dont love yourself. soar high and don't give up. maxresdefault1.jpg

10. userhichou1

userhichou1 Member

11. hlabajosa1966

hlabajosa1966 Member

Mine advise to me "There is only one Journey. Fight within your inner solitude.

12. Anjin

Anjin Member

Don't be so risk taker. You must restrict your self a little bit or else you will regret it. Don't give everything to one person, there will be that right person who will love you endlessly and you will regret not giving him your all. Don't be so hard on your self, everything will pass and time will heal you. Don't be so pessimistic, we may never know what the future is but it will be nice to always look forward to the positive sid. Love endlessly, God will always guide you.

13. lenlen

lenlen Member

If I will give myself one piece of advice, I would say that I will follow and apply the truth in the bible I learned and pray to God to help me and give me strength to stay strong to fulfill my purpose in this life.

14. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Be honest with what you want in life. Don't let others decide for you and don't what you don't want to do. Live your life and be all that you can be and do all that you can do. It is better than living a life of regret and thinking of things that could have been. That is what I would say.

15. AkTel

AkTel New Member

I would tell myself that I should get up, and get things done. I believe procrastination is my biggest problem, and would have lead to my utter downfall without me just getting up and doing what I need to do. It's quite simple, but quite powerful. I could only hope that my younger self would have gotten it. It's not about what my life is like, I could be struggling, people could hate me, but that shouldn't stop myself from getting up, and doing what must be done.

16. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Be honest about what you want to be and make sure you achieve your goals.

17. luvdamsel

luvdamsel New Member

Be happy ur happiness is within u, don't wait for people to complete or believe in u,believe in urself and keep the struggling going, and believe deres no limit to ur success

18. userhichou1

userhichou1 Member

be powerfull

19. userhichou1

userhichou1 Member

be powerfull

20. Treveez

Treveez Member

I will kick my younger self ass and tell him
    This - "When you have an idea, be passionate about it and get your voice or product outthere. Do ... to share the one piece of advice they would give their younger self. ... Try and connect with someone in a similar situation so that you can share yourself

21. leidelacueva

leidelacueva New Member

If I only have a time machine and have a chance to talk to my younger self, I would tell her to stop seeing herself as a small, not incapable of doing things. When I grew up I regret the things that I didn’t do just because I’m too shy and afraid. I lost all of the opportunities I had before, I got my self-confidence and self-esteem lock in a cage, because of being afraid of what other people might think of me.
    I lost my confidence because I see all people around me that they’re more capable of doing great things, smarter or talented than me, but as time passed by I realized that I can do so much better of what I think of myself, because life is not about finding what or who you wanted to be.
    The reality is that life is all about creating the best version of yourself. No matter how challenging and competitive the world can be, it is your choice and action that matters the most, it’s all about creating your story and fulfilling the pages of your own book.

22. Zero10809

Zero10809 New Member

To be more patient with myself. I know that there is still always room to grow, not a single person is perfect. I would tell myself there’s almost no point in being hard on myself as long as I know the flaws in my actions, I ca only get better moving forward. Mistakes help people grow as people.

23. amritam

amritam New Member

My Advice would be:
    Study hard, focus on what you want to do, not what others think that you should do.
    Stop caring what others think of you, they do not walk your steps, they do not know your life.
    Boys are a distraction :rolling::cool:
    Say no to the things that you do not want to do. It is ok and will be ok.

24. srey

srey New Member

I would tell my younger self to be brave. I would tell her not to cry all the time. I would tell her to stand up for herself and that she is beautiful. I would tell her to love herself.

25. yhanmar08

yhanmar08 Member

If i could give my self a piece advise is You need to be more confidence to show your talent so that you can have a job to help family financially. I am a mother of 3 and im 36 years old now my kids are growing now. I want to help my husband but i haveno experienced in work and i am an undergrad. I I really want ro teach kids and thaf is my forte. I want to apply on a homebased job. And a ESL teacher is for me. But i did not start to apply it yet. Because i did not have a guts to apply because of the lost of confidence to my self.

26. CorgiLord

CorgiLord New Member

If I could give a younger me advice, it would be: Happiness first. I've been struggling for year with depression because I put my work first, others first, everything first before my happiness. No amount of money or prestige is worth sacrificing your happiness, and to an extent, relationships aren't worth doing that either.

27. patokar

patokar New Member

Yes, happiness is a choice, don't let other people convince you otherwise. Don't walk around with a chip on your shoulder. It does more harm to you than to others. Save money. Nobody's going to remember those expensive shoes you only wore twice, the brand of makeup you wore, the labels on your clothes, and neither will you. The future is unpredictable. You're going to make mistakes. Everyone does. Learn from them and move on. Don't dwell on failures. Don't compare yourself to others. Wish others well. There is enough sunshine for everybody.

28. vanessadespe

vanessadespe New Member

The only thing I will advice on my younger age was staying myself hydrated and just focus on your goals in life. Nowadays I've found myself being drained and losing hope in everything. So if I have given a chance to talk with my younger age, I will definitely hug her to remind her to justo go on in life and never give up.

29. AngKool27

AngKool27 Member

Love yourself, stay away frim thise things that makes you sick..

30. JuliaFB

JuliaFB New Member

My advice for young people is to complete their education before they get married. Keep a healthy lifestyle. Go to work. Start family when they ready.