If you could only pick one...

Discussion in 'Music' started by blackstarter7, May 28, 2019.

1. blackstarter7

blackstarter7 New Member

Let's say you can only listen to one song for the rest of your life. Which one would it be? Is it just because you love the music/lyrics, or does it have some deeper meaning for you?

2. kandice1

kandice1 New Member

If I could only lisen to one songe for the rest of my life, it would be Whiteny Houston's I Will Always Love You. Not only do I know every word of this song, I love the note she hits at the bridge. This song is very powerful.

1 person likes this.
  3. Well, I think that one song for the rest of my life would drive me mad unless I have a couple of months left to live. :D

I'm not sure about the answer though because my favorite song changes from time to time. At this moment, I would probably say that it would be Procol Harum - A whiter shade of pale. If it changes, I'll make sure to stop by this thread and give you a different answer.

1 person likes this.
  4. laizajavier

laizajavier New Member

A song by the Beatles as under. It’s a very beautiful and inspirational song composed and soloed by Paul. I like it for various reasons. lyrically it’s very inspiring like “ you are only waiting for the moments to arise” or like “ take the broken wings and learn to fly”. Also no less than this is the underlying Chords progression used in the entire song. The progression is an individual piece by itself which is nicely juxtaposed into the entire song. Done with an utter simplicity but with an amazing dexterity.

1 person likes this.
  5. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Opposites Do Attract by the All-Sports Band.

6. NoNameBoy

NoNameBoy New Member

It is hard to choose only one song. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica really gives that boost that i need sometimes. That would be my choice.

7. ravac

ravac New Member

Just thinking about this makes me uneasy and irritated, so my only option would be to go for something soothing and relaxing, like Enya or Aurora. Their songs usually are of those mentioned qualities, I can play, dance, cook, even sleep while they're playing.

8. elliethegypsy

elliethegypsy Member

This is tough. I choose to listen Sincerity is Scary by the 1975. This song has lots of meaning to me and I can relate to its lyrics. This song also has a chill vibes, it don't get me depressed when I should be. It puts me on a good mood every time I play it while I'm traveling, do some and errands and while working too.

9. ohevit

ohevit Member

There is a gospel song that can be my life song: No Longer a Slave to Fear; it reminds me that I am a child of God, and His Perfect Love for me casts out all fears. Hence, I will not allow anymore fear to enslave me. My mind has been renewed and now I believe that my Jesus is able to answer all my problems. His Name is a strong tower for me to hide into, in times of troubles. When dark clouds threaten me, I just look up to heaven, then I could find edges sparkling with golden beams of protection and relief.

10. itsJD08

itsJD08 New Member

If there is one song that i could listen to for the rest of life I think it would be You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban not only because its lyrics was so inspiring but also every time I listen to the song the first three persons that comes to my mind was my parents and God its like a song meant to thank them for everything they did for us in every step of the journey in our life.

11. jeda30

jeda30 Member

If I could pick one song and listen to it for the rest of my life ,it could be "You are my all in all" by Nichole Nordeman. The lyrics is just so powerful that it touches my heart. It made me realize that God is all always there for me no matter what the struggles you have been through, then circumstances that you are facing now, and what future brings. It makes me feel how powerful God is and how blessed I am to have a life here on earth.

12. Teambits

Teambits New Member

Quite a hard question though.One song that I would listen to for the rest of my life is''Camouflage'' by Brandy.Its an empowering song which moves emotions to a greater extent.

13. Cvile

Cvile New Member

Anything from Sabaton, all of their songs are incredible and full of energy.
    I can listen to all of them on repeat its ridiculous.

14. StephWhis

StephWhis Member

Oof. I genuinely don't think I could pick one song forever. I obviously have my favorites, but I always have different moods and song preferences. Not to mention I'm constantly looking for new artists/songs. So, I really don't think I'd be happy with just one song forever, even if it was my absolute favorite.

15. Orangeblossomtru

Orangeblossomtru New Member

If I had to listen to one song for the rest of my life it would be "Take Me To Church" by Hozier simply because I find the song to be quite thought-provoking.

16. caroline wanjiku

caroline wanjiku New Member

It would be Known by Tauren Wells. It reminds me that despite my failures, the unfailing, unconditional, extravagant love of God will never be withdrawn from me.

17. rpayanan

rpayanan Member

I will not allow anymore fear to enslave me. My mind has been renewed and now I believe that my Jesus is able to answer all my problems. His Name is a strong tower for me to hide into, in times of troubles.