IMPORTANT IRON

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by vijayadurga v, Jun 6, 2016.

1. vijayadurga v

vijayadurga v New Member

Iron is essential for the production of hemoglobin in the blood. It needs vitamin c,copper and manganese to be present so that it can be assimilated by the body.Iron helps growth, prevents fatigue and prevents and cures anemia.Women require almost double the iron than men do

2. Tonya Page

Tonya Page New Member

I never knew how important iron was until my daughter was two and I took her to her well check up at the doctor. She was a premie so she was always small. She never grew much and she always got tired really quick. At her check up the doctor took her blood and ran some routine tests. It turned out that she was anemic and her body was missing iron. I did my own research on it and decided I needed to switch her daily multivitamin, along with other nutrition changes. Once she started the Flinstone vitamin within a month she had grown two inches. She had never experienced the feeling of growing before so I sat up many nights with her crying about aches in her legs from growing pains. This happened for at least the next year and a half. She is now five, and although she is still small for a five year old, she is the size of a small five year old rather than a two year old. Even now when she is grumpy or tires quick I know she is having an iron crash. I carry extra vitamins with me. Her entire persona changes within five minutes of taking the vitamin.

3. brittxxbabe25

brittxxbabe25 New Member

Iron is very important! My mother recently went to the doctor and found she was extremely deficient in iron, which causes her to be anemic. Since she's a nurse, this is extremely dangerous because her body isn't producing enough hemoglobin, which means her body isn't getting enough oxygen. This causes her to get very short of breath easily, which isn't good since she's on her feet a lot in the ER.
    Strangely enough, as important as iron is, a lot of adults in the United States are very deficient in iron. I attribute this to people not eating well-rounded diets and incorporating foods such as spinach, red meat, and nuts.