Inspired to write at first because of experiences

Discussion in 'Nonfiction Writing' started by ahllen, Sep 4, 2018.

1. ahllen

ahllen Member

Do ever you experienced being inspired at writing everytime you have bigger life issues? I've created ten different story titles and have an exciting plot for each story, but in the middle of my writing; when I already over of my issues; I also started to loosse my ideas and excitement towards the story I'm writing. I felt bad for my ideas but I can't help it when Im loosing the emotions I have for my story. I'm wondering where to find again the encouragement to fuel my imagination everytime it happens.

2. brittw-dR1v

brittw-dR1v New Member

I have been struggling with writer's block for a LONG time now, and I think the best advice I've received is to give yourself a routine, and make a spot for writing and writing only. It definitely helps after a while. I was in the hospital for a week and during that time I wrote more than I had in a long time. Sometimes I want to go back but then I remember how awful it was and cringe.

3. Newcastle-qAee

Newcastle-qAee New Member

After a major restructure in the workplace which dampened team spirit, I had to vent my anger in some way, and chose to do this in print. A writer’s magazine provided me with tips on article writing. I also spotted an advert in the magazine for a creative writing course which I enrolled on.

I seem to have a lot to complain about nowadays and find it more satisfactory to make my complaints in writing, whether in the form of email, letter or via a company website. Even if the outcome is not what I hoped for, at least I’ve made my point and there is a record of my complaint.

I should have been encouraged to write long ago when my mum sent her views to a women’s magazine on a social issue she felt strongly about, and which she was lucky enough to have incorporated into a feature relevant to her piece. My original article remains unpublished but several people have read it so I feel I have now got the issue off my chest.

Writing gets our creative juices flowing, is a form of release and a continuous learning curve.