Investing Online or Online Banking?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Margie Madeja Alidon, Aug 26, 2018.

?

(A)Investing Online or (B) Online Banking?

1. A

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. B

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. -Investing online, also known as online trading, is the act or practice of buying and selling securities over the Internet.
    -Investment Banking is all about raising money for corporations.

2. Smaraig

Smaraig New Member

[​IMG]

This week’s story is about a reader of this column, who used to write mails and share his stories for a long time. He liked to remain anonymous, so we will call him Uncleji. He was 89 years old when he passed away last week, leaving behind a portfolio of wealth that is a classic case study on bequest to the next generation. He had told me that I could write his story only after his time.

Uncleji worked for the central government and retired to his two-bedroom flat in the suburbs of a big city. He was your quintessential uncle next door with a simple routine that included taking morning walks, helping with the household chores, meeting friends for chai and chat, and attending social ceremonies to feel connected. He mostly read newspapers and magazines and watched some television, pursuing nothing new after retirement. He

Lots can be achieved with clarity of purpose and organisation when making investment decisions.

This week’s story is about a reader of this column, who used to write mails and share his stories for a long time. He liked to remain anonymous, so we will call him Uncleji. He was 89 years old when he passed away last week, leaving behind a portfolio of wealth that is a classic case study on bequest to the next generation. He had told me that I could write his story only after his time.

Uncleji worked for the central government and retired to his two-bedroom flat in the suburbs of a big city. He was your quintessential uncle next door with a simple routine that included taking morning walks, helping with the household chores, meeting friends for chai and chat, and attending social ceremonies to feel connected. He mostly read newspapers and magazines and watched some television, pursuing nothing new after retirement. He often told me that there was no story in his life, and I always disagreed.
    He excelled in keeping things in order and had a great penchant for paperwork, processes and filing. It was an offshoot of his work at the government, where the paper trail was important, and reading the fine print was necessary. He read through all the mails that he got, and many of our conversations were about the information disclosures that came with his investments.

Uncleji did not dabble in stocks or buy based on tips. He was a conservative investor who believed that the schemes of the post office were the best choice for a retired person. That was to change in 2006, when he began to invest in mutual funds. That was a tumultuous year, with the cracks in the US housing markets already beginning to show. The Sensex was around 10,000 (Nifty around 2,600).
    He divided his money into three portions. One was for his use; one was for emergencies and unexpected events; and one was for passing on. We agreed that the amount he wanted to pass on could take on the long-term view and get invested in an equity fund. The one he kept for unexpected events was invested in a balanced fund, which he could draw upon if needed, and could grow if he did not touch it. The portion for his use remained in the post office and later in bank deposits.

He invested the last portion in small instalments, putting the money in with glee when the markets fell. For a first timer, he was courageous. He told me that the money was for his grandson who was just 20 at that time. That boy would live to see the markets soar, so let’s take a bargain, he said. Uncleji’s approach assured me that clarity about end use significantly impacts how an investment decision is made.

3. jsgarciano

jsgarciano New Member

I prefer investing online, because you are the one managing your finances and you can implement your risk appetite, however you must study stock market strategies, will it be technical or fundamentals, it depends on your style and risk appetite. Read books, watch stock market videos. Stock market is a great investment if you have enough knowledge.
    Never enter the stock market without any background or else the market will eat you alive

4. wilfredorv31

wilfredorv31 New Member

For those who have some extra money, who are not in need, it might be attractive to try to increase their profits by assuming some risk of online investments, but for those who depend on that money to cost some expenses or needs, I recommend not risking it but keeping it in an account. banking even if you earn less.

5. AlenDominic

AlenDominic New Member

Investing money online is for me one of the best thing to increase your income. You have easier way to make money online, but for investing, you only need your capital that you can turn into wealth and have really good lifestyle. I'm very interested in crypto investing and forex traiding. I'm learning a skill right now, but i know this will pay me for the rest of my life.