iOS or Android

Discussion in 'Cell Phones & Tablets' started by nckmct, Jan 21, 2019.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. iOS

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Android

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  1. nckmct

nckmct New Member

Android is performing well this past year, which platform do you prefer the new and emerging android or the old and handy iOS?

2. cDada

cDada New Member

IOS is a more secure operating system.

3. CarrotBunny

CarrotBunny New Member

I like both myself!
    In short, in terms of cost, I'd pick Android?
    In terms of functionality, I don't know which I'd pick.

iOS on the Itouch and then the Iphone 4s were my first experiences with handheld devices that had an OS
    I currently have an Android though, and don't see a big difference in the systems myself? (I always heard there was more to do on Android, maybe it's more in relation to developers?)

The good thing about Android is you can get a relatively cheap new phone with the latest version of the system, so for me that would be why Android would win. If all apps were to start being obsolete with my device, I'd just get a new phone for under $150

iOS you're stuck buying from Apple, and if you want a phone with that iOS for less then $150 you're sort of forced into getting a model that's a few generations out dated. (as far as I know.)

4. BluLight

BluLight New Member

If you want a much simpler, much stable and secure operating system, go with iOS, but if you want to modify things up, and don't want to be restrained as what the developer has thrown you, go with Android. As for me, I prefer Android, I used both operating systems, and I can say that iOS restricts you in a lot of ways in exchange of security, unlike in android, you can do whatever you want, modify it as much as you want. As for security for android, I think the only thing that you need to stay safe using android is common sense.

5. Dbrix183

Dbrix183 New Member

For me Android.. im a movie/series person. I love downloading my favorite movie and watch it over and over.again thats why i need big storage on my phone. And frankly i cant buy those expensive iphone when theres cheaper android phone that have the same specs as the iphone.

6. chandura

chandura New Member

for me IOS because it's a privacy safety feature but to be frank android is tempting due to cheap price versus capability. IOS device has become too expensive lately. To be honest I am considering the move to android

7. keloydoscope

keloydoscope New Member

For me, it's Android because of the User Friendly Interface.

8. oussbr07

oussbr07 New Member

ios is the best of all

9. Mentalista

Mentalista New Member

I'd say it depends on the person,

Android provides so much freedom, there's a lot of apps free, more ways to manipulate your phone to the form you want it exactly, in the case of iPhone, you basically are buying a brand, and with that you get a "social status" that is in a way "superior" to the ones that use Android.

10. apjaromamay

apjaromamay New Member

I will always choose android phones, aside from the limited storage from ios phones, there is a wide range of choices we can get from android phones. And android phones have a lot of compatibility when it comes to external/additional devices. I also like android phones, because I see it fit to my lifestyle, sometimes I get to travel abroad and all I have with me is my android smart phone, my life depended on my phone because it has all the documents i need for a certain talk and i get to easily associate my phone with the devices I arrived upon the venue where I did my talk.

11. giahperaz

giahperaz New Member

Ive been an ios user for years, because i felt like its easy to use. You don't need to download these app's for theme or you contacts or even for your keypad. I must say that ios if very user friendly. But i must say, we have more phone options for andriod and more good features.

12. rachyoli

rachyoli New Member

IOS because I had one Iphone after the other. Some android phone are really attractive, cheap and even faster that Iphones, but the security and quality that comes with Apple is unbeatable so far. The only thing I wish Iphones had is some of the money making apps that you can only find on android phones.

13. mdharyf

mdharyf New Member

On one hand , android provides the users with the luxury to choose between phone brands and to costomize their devises as much as they want and the way they want their phone to look like as a software .On the other hand, iOS is more secure and exclusive . Personally, I use iOS but I don't mind using android.

14. junkun05

junkun05 New Member

It doesn”t matter what kind of phone are you up to but the important thing their is what purpose are you in. If you are a person wants to have a control all functionality of the phone you go to android. If you want security and simplicity you go to iphone. Nevertheless. it is up to your decision your capability and stability. For me. I prefer both of them but for now, i choose iphone.

15. JM5

JM5 New Member

I think I vouch for Android. I've been using this phone operating system for the longest time. I guess because I haven't used ios I just got used to Android. I haven't found any flaws with it either.

16. jjames24

jjames24 New Member

I prefer android, because in android you have more phone choices, more durable phone, expandable memory, removable battery, more free applications, and it can also multitask and has widgets unlike in iOS. For me ANDROID is much better than iOS.

17. sagarp12

sagarp12 New Member

ANDROID....

18. yvonniejude2019

yvonniejude2019 New Member

A lot of people are still fighting about which smartphone operating system is better, whether it's iOS or Android. But to me, Android beats the game. This operating system allows developers to be more innovative and go beyond their limits. It's a very flexible operating system that even average people can modify it. Although it's not as smooth as iOS when it comes to browsing, swiping or opening pages/folders, it's still efficient and user-friendly. The small lags we experience from it is nothing compared to its overall flexibility and efficiency. And most of all, the price of Android phones is much lower compared with iOS phones. It's the most cost-effective phone at the moment in my opinion. I'm team Android all the way!

19. gabe951

gabe951 New Member

I would choose Android over iOS. I believe the choice between the two platforms is personal preference. I think that once a person has made a choice between the two options, they would tend to continue to use the same type of phone again and again because that is what they are most familiar with. Would you switch your current device to the opposite platform? I recommend Android to all my friends and family.

20. domerdj86

domerdj86 New Member

I prefer Android. First of all, the choice between Android and iOS is a matter of personal preference. I prefer Android over iOS because of its price. Android also provides expandable storage on many phones. There is also wider choice of phones if you prefer Android.

21. rene143

rene143 New Member

Android is much better then iOS, its a lot more user friendly, so u can can do more things on an Android freely, and u cant will iOS (unless of course u jail brake it), plus, android is a lot cheaper then iOS, why would i want to go out and blow a grand on the new iPhone when a new one will just come out 5 months later. And, Android, always seems to be more strongly structure then iOS, i drop an iPod, BAM!! Goodbye, i drop an Android, just a few scratches, plus, my ipod broke after the second time i dropped it, my Android (HTC) is still kicking and i throw that thing around on purpose when i get bored, its still working fine, not even cracked either.

22. DaPostah

DaPostah New Member

I'd always choose Android, the freedom offered in it is really important to me as an aspiring developer, and just as someone who likes having customization options in anything I use in general. From my limited experience with iOS, though, I would still consider it an equally decent option for people making more casual use of their phones, and they have some advanced accessibility features which can be quite important for people with visual impairments and other such disabilities.

23. LauJayMil

LauJayMil Member

Well I both have iOS and android, for the iOS for me it is much smoother with the graphics optimization, its the best without a flinch of lagging. Better image quality but for the use of apps you only have a limited choices of free app but its apple anyway. For the android I would say it is much more on the customization type which I think would best suite people who are into customization.

24. Nielshilde

Nielshilde New Member

Android 4 evaaaaa lol.

Apple is overpriced garbage w shitty costumer service.

25. veselinnesterov

veselinnesterov New Member

I prefer Android due to the fact it is really user - friendly and provides me so much freedom whet it comes to changing the lay out of my phone. Once you are used to it is really easy one to manage.

26. jeangrullon

jeangrullon New Member

I love iOS and I think that it's a good fit for most of the people. However, when you use your phone both for communication and productivity, Android is way more capable and it has constantly been getting more and more reliable.

27. Econstatician

Econstatician New Member

Am using an android phone and i dont have any problem.

28. andrew1998

andrew1998 New Member

The biggest advantage iOS has over Android is its software updates: Apple generally supports new iPhones and iPads with iOS updates for five to six years after their release date, and all of those devices get the same updates at the same time. You get new features and apps, support for new image and video formats and security protocols, and patches for both online security threats and flaws that could allow people to get data from your phone. The oldest supported devices may not support every single feature of the latest software, but they continue to get most of the functional improvements and all of the security updates for as long as the hardware will last. Among Android phones, only Google’s Pixel phones and phones in the android one program are guaranteed prompt updates—and even then, only for two or three years from the device’s release date.

29. alisibai26

alisibai26 New Member

• Both are Easy and Useful
    Ultimately, different categories will be important to different people, so you should pay attention to the ones that count for you and make your decision based on that. If security and privacy are an important factor, then the iPhone is the obvious choice. If battery life tops your list and you want to be able to customize your phone, then choose Android. Both Android and iOS are mature, feature-packed platforms with far more similarities than differences, and we can heartily recommend either.

30. JersonYT

JersonYT New Member

I think for me i'll choose a android. Because android can easily fix than iOS. You can modified it, you can do what ever you want to do with it. If you want to personalize it or change it, upgrade it to get awesome UI than before.