Is academic writing an unethical way for making money online?

Discussion in 'Freelance Writing Jobs' started by deewinc, Aug 26, 2018.

1. deewinc

deewinc New Member

Academic writing provides an opportunity for freelancers to earn income online. Some of the sites that offer academic writing jobs include Upwork and Freelancer. However, academic writing is termed as plagiarism since students pay third-party writers to complete assignments and exams for them.

Even though academic writing is unethical, employs millions of freelancers who would either be jobless or working somewhere in some underpaying jobs.

My question is, do you think academic writing jobs are unethical since they promote students to cheat?

1 person likes this.
  2. Forgey

Forgey New Member

Yes, it's unethical if you have to think about it there your only wrestling with your conscience. Would it be unethical for a delivery driver short on work acting as a drug mule? Would it be unethical for a martial arts instructor to teach students he knew were bullies and would use their teachings improperly, you bet your damned ass it is.

I lot of people want to do the job they dream of, in the meantime, they work to pay their bills while pursuing their dreams. That's my personal opinion, I also wouldn't want some kid who has more money than brains getting by on a credit card over hard work.

3. patokar

patokar New Member

Yes, they are absolutely unethical and you state exactly why in your last 5 lines: they promote students to cheat. If students turn in papers they did not write, they would then receive grades they did not earn. And if this is what they do throughout college, the are essentially given a degree they didn't earn. Success is more than just showing up. You have to do the work.

4. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

The sad part about that is that students will not appreciate the passion it takes to research and craft together a good paper.

5. EMH80

EMH80 New Member

Yes, they're unethical. In the short term a student receiving this aid would graduate and then land a job that he/she is not qualified for.

6. Teachergeorge

Teachergeorge Member

My opinion would be, they are not. There are a number of students who are below average when it comes to studies and when they get enrolled in Colleges or the Universities, all they need is the skill to apply in the job market or in the family enterprise rather than passing the exams. They are henceforth grateful being assisted in doing the assignment. The last and important point is the creation of jobs worldwide and growth of knowledge as well as exchange program through content in the websites.