is anything original these days?

Discussion in 'Fiction Writing' started by aidenreed, Dec 13, 2018.

1. aidenreed

aidenreed New Member

Like the title said, is anything original these days? If you're writing your book, are you one hundred percent it's original content or it's just your imagination compiling things you've already read?

2. crdnlian

crdnlian New Member

I guess there is still. You yourself will know where did you get the inspiration of each scene in your story, and I think you yourself can avoid or re-create the scene not inspired from what you read. Just pure imagination, just like when you were a kid, you play, and you imagine, you talk to yourself, you see through things even you haven't seen and done it before.

3. xankennfords

xankennfords New Member

You can create on your own imagination

4. JELLYb

JELLYb New Member

Completely original , I doubt it. We, as beings are compromised of people we had met and experiences that had happened to us so nothing really is original in the pure form, however there is uniqueness left. Nowdays everything is becoimg very flashy and extraordinary because people want to force originality. For me, being unique is just being you, because there is hardly going to be a person that has encountered everything you have in life in the same manner as you. People are a manifestation of things they encountered in life and as such there are differnet paths and choices they make, this is what sets everyone apart and that is the uniqueness people should strive to put into their writing mixed with their imagination.

5. spiderplant

spiderplant New Member

I agree with JELLYb. Nothing people come up with is entirely "original" in the sense of not being derived from things the author has been exposed to; we can only create things that our minds can conceive of, and what our minds can conceive of is derived from our experiences. But at the same time, each person's perspective is unique - you are the only one who can create the things that you create, and the same goes for every other person.