Is freelancing helpful?

Discussion in 'The Freelance Life' started by Thonette, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Thonette

Thonette New Member

Is freelancing helpful?

For me yes it is. Especially to a students. Of course a a teenager we have needs for our self.. For our personal needs and I admit that I am shy to go to my parents and ask them to buy my stuffs that is why I am always seeking for a freelance job.

2. junjun-RwEM

junjun-RwEM New Member

On my part, freelancing plays a major role considering that I am disabled. I am free to do a beneficial task on time I decide. Freelance work also lets me decide my productivity. It helps me manage the wellness of my health, so to speak. It may not sound too rewarding but the freedom it gives is priceless.

3. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings New Member

I have worked as a freelancer and for companies and I must say that having done both I prefer freelancing. I'd rather take the risks of it than to get a steady monthly payment but having no control over the decision making.
    I like things my way.. I guess I'm going to start my own company one day.. maybe sooner than later.

4. vheeno

vheeno New Member

Freelancing is the most convenient way to earn a living because you don't need to travel to office. The best part of this is you can select your preferred schedule and work during your availability. It makes you more productive and you feel confident because you work at your preferred spot, usually at home.

5. jack18

jack18 Member

I think this helped clients connect with me a little more than the average person, which allowed me to get to the interview stage,,From here, I knew I could close some contracts quickly, and knock their projects out of the park, so I could get some great reviews, and build up my social proof...

6. jonjon1980

jonjon1980 Member

yes! very helpful because your time is yours like a boss! I love freelancing because we have enough time to spend your family at home without leaving work from home

7. schesison

schesison New Member

Yes! freelancing is very helpful specially for those who needs extra cash for their everyday living. Not everyone's salary is enough to pay their bills. Maybe it is but they don't have extra for their leisure and freelancing is the best solution I can recommend for them. Work whenever you feel like working, no boss, no toxic workmates and freedom is all yours :D

8. alexis.ternate

alexis.ternate New Member

Absolutely YES. Freelancing is a good way to earn money. Unlike being at a full time job you don't have a very strict rules to follow. You can be a freelancer at your own comfort at your own time. Even if you're a freelancer still remember that you still have responsinbilities.

9. naililmuna

naililmuna New Member

Absolutely. Freelancing is so much helpful. We can work from home. We can decide to take the job or not. And good things is that we can meet new people. I think freelancing is the next future way people make living. No boundary, all simply task related. And we got paid for who we are, and what we can do. No barrier. Just become yourself!

10. DanM08

DanM08 New Member

Yes, Freelancing is absolutely helpful. Freelancing in my perspective can be considered a freedom of an employee, though you're not totally an employee, you've committed to a certain project or a certain task from a client and you can finish that within the given due date of submission. It helps sustain your income while managing your time with your family or loved ones.

11. fredtej

fredtej New Member

Freelancing is helpful for some people. Most of the time, people will always find a regular job. Being in a regular job offers a steady stream of income, paid leaves, healthcare insurance and allowances. You won't get some of those if you are a freelancer. Being a freelancer, on the other hand, has its own advantages. Freelancing is best for single parents or to those who can't go to the office everyday due to medical reasons. Freelancing offers more flexibility in terms of work schedule, work location and less stress because they don't have to think of clothes they wear everyday, no boss to yell at you when they are not in the mood, no workmates that borrow money and never pay it back and all that. They just have to really find a good paying freelance job for them to be able to earn a decent money to sustain their daily needs.

12. biancarollan

biancarollan New Member

Yes, Freelancing is helpful for people who needs extra income without going outside their home. Students who needs money to sustain their needs in school, like fees and projects. Fresh graduates can use freelancing as a training ground for them to be ready for the actual work. Retired seniors can also use freelancing if they need something to do or they still want to have income. Freelancing can also help those people with disabilities, they can showcase their expertise in a field that they are comfortable and it would make them feel that they can still work despite of having a disability.

13. A big yes! Freelancing plays a major role today. Freelancing is an attractive way of life. The independence, autonomy, flexibility, and unlimited financial potential are all incredibly inviting. It's a win-win catch to both parties ( Buyer and Seller ). Freelancing is a game designed in a way all participants can profit from it.

14. FrenzieSun

FrenzieSun New Member

Yes of course! Hiring freelancers is becoming not only more acceptable, but more attractive for many businesses. This creates an incredible opportunity for people with useful skills to start a freelance business on the side, and eventually grow that into a sustainable self-employed career. That’s exactly what I’ve done with my content marketing consultant business.

15. miinhiz

miinhiz New Member

Freelancing is very helping to those students and mothers like me. For those students that need extra income to support their studies, it is very helpful especially when you have the skills. Upon doing freelance work they can also learn new things and explore more. It is like learning while earning. And for those moms like me, specifically those full time moms, it really a big help. Sometimes they got bored and they can do freelancing on their extra time. For example, if their children is sleeping they can give some time doing freelance work. It helps them feel that they are still useful even at home. They are still productive and earning while taking care of their children and their husband.

16. majoy88

majoy88 New Member

Certainly! Freelancing gives you much convenience because you can work anytime during your convenient time and saves you a lot of money. You don't have to spend money for your fare going to your workplace because you can do freelancing in your home. No need to purchase new clothes and wear make up because you do your work virtually. Aside from that, it's beneficial to stay at home moms and students who wants to earn extra income without going anywhere. Also, the salary is reasonable and sometimes when you perform well, the earnings are higher.

17. denniszzbl

denniszzbl New Member

Definitely! Freelance gives us the convenience and we are able to work from home at anytime and anywhere, so long the deliverable can be done within the stipulated dateline. Freelancers could increase specific skills and knowledge such as transcribers / transcription jobs which may enhance your listening skills and writing skills upon transcribing the work to the end users.

18. jodeguzman000

jodeguzman000 New Member

It definitely is! Freelancing has been my family's bread and butter for almost 8 years now and I am happy that our career in online freelancing is still very much active. The benefits of being in the freelancing world is endless. It saves you a lot of time and gives you the luxury of spending quality time with your family while earning. However, I honestly think that freelancing is not for everyone. Only those who have the strong will to succeed will make it.

19. JSPL1000

JSPL1000 New Member

Yes, freelancing is very helpful indeed. I have been working for foreign and local companies in the city for most of my adult life. Throughout those years, I have experienced a lot of successes and gained a lot of friends. However, I don't have much control of my time and and my health has deteriorated because of the daily traffic I have to endure. The worst problem is I have less time to spend quality time with my family. With freelancing, the net pay may be less than what I get from formal jobs in the office, but it is much worth it. This is because I have can spend more time with my family with freelancing works at home.

20. ahdseghir

ahdseghir New Member

Obviously YES !! the best part of being freelancer is you get to say no to the desk job . You control your workload and you get as many breaks and as much as you want :p

21. allebischoff

allebischoff New Member

Freelancing is extremely helpful. especially if you're disabled and can't work every day or in a traditional setting like an office. However, like any other job, there are downsides and ones that are exclusive to freelancing. Lack of work, lack of time. The best advice is to try it for yourself and see how it goes for you. Just be prepared to put in the work and a lot of it.

22. Eric35

Eric35 Member

yes this can manage your work of time and the numbers of hours you will work

23. cyberwolf14

cyberwolf14 New Member

It's a BIG YES! having a freelance work for a person like me is a big deal. I have a lot things to do in the day time and sometimes also even at night time so having a freelance job specially online is very helpful.

i have to take care of my niece and nephew and also i am a student in the past afternoon, therefore i don't have the time to take a job which will consume most of my time, not like in a online freelance job i can tend to may niece and nephew and also go to school and most of all earn money in my free time.

24. HappyLoyds

HappyLoyds New Member

I'm just starting to go into freelancing. I have been watching video tutorials on how to earn extra through various websites that really pay. From what i have seen so far, I am more and more convinced that freelancing could be a viable source of not just extra but a respectable amount of income. As a matter of fact, I found this Postloop site from all these video watching and researching that i have been doing for the past few days now. I am excited to learn more from the many online communities that offer free and helpful advice for freelance beginners like me.

25. dennisbation

dennisbation New Member

For me, yes it is. When it comes to freelancing, one of the main benefits is that you can make your own schedule. In my case as a freelancer I don't need to wake up early in the morning and I can go whatever and wherever I want to after my responsibility as an agent, I know that it has advantages and disadvantages as a freelancer, no guarantee of continued income and this is not everyone's cup of tea. The most I like in freelancing is that my work is portable.

26. generalzz

generalzz New Member

Freelance careers offer many benefits, including the flexibility and freedom to do what you love and work from almost anywhere (with WiFi, of course), but is it for you? Freelancers need to be self-motivated, organized, and able to keep themselves on-task regardless of distraction. Consider the following pros and cons before you take the leap into freelance life.
    Pro: Choose Your Workload
    As a freelancer, you choose the kind of work and the amount of work you do! This can mean tackling big projects and finding lots of clients or it can mean working minimal hours and perfecting your craft. The best part? Freelancers can earn as much or as a little income as they desire depending on how much they choose to work. Freelance work can be your full-time job or your part-time side hustle, you get to decide!
    Con: Inconsistent Workload & Payment
    Freelance work isn’t always consistent. Working with different clients on different projects frequently means a variance in hours. Many freelancers experience periods of time when their workload is low. While this means extra free time, it can also mean inconsistent pay. Generally, the amount of work you take on directly correlates to the amount of money you receive. Freelancers should be savvy with their finances and have a savings account for rainy days.
    Con: No Employment Benefits
    While freelancers enjoy many freedoms from 9-5pm jobs, they also miss out on the benefits of formal employment. Most freelancers do not receive health insurance, retirement plans, worker’s compensation, or other traditional job benefits. For U.S. freelancers, this can be especially tricky since health insurance is required for all citizens.
    Pro: Work from Anywhere
    What you’ve heard is true, as a freelancer you can work from virtually anywhere! Most freelance jobs require a computer and an internet connection, making it possible to work from your couch, your home office, the neighborhood coffee shop, or a shared co-working space. Many freelance projects also allow you to complete work at any time- perfect for night owls and early birds alike!

Helpful Tip: Freework makes it incredibly easy to track hours worked from specific places with location based geofencing. This easy-to-use tool allows you to start and stop time tracking whenever you enter or leave a workspace. Never forget to log your hours again!
    Con: Distractions, Distractions, Distractions
    When considering a freelance career, it’s important to examine your attention span. Are you easily distracted or can you stay focused on a task for long periods of time? Freelancers are faced with never-ending distractions, especially when working from home. Successful freelancers are able to keep themselves on-task and avoid temptations to procrastinate.
    Pro: Unlimited Free time
    Living the freelance lifestyle often means working on what you want, when you want, and where you want, which leaves a lot of opportunity for free time. This means more time for passion projects, hobbies, or time spent with friends and family. It also means unlimited vacation days, sick days, and the ability to hit the snooze button as many times as you want - just be sure to meet your deadlines. When you’re a freelancer, you’re in control!

Con: Motivation & Organization Required

Be careful, unlimited free time has its downsides. As a freelancer, you must be self motivated and organized. It can be tricky to navigate work projects, personal hobbies, daily errands, family life, and free time. Without the regimented schedule of a traditional job or the presence of co-workers or bosses, freelancers must keep themselves motivated and accountable. Successful freelancers are good with time management and keep their projects organized. If you struggle with deadlines or constantly misplace documents, a freelance career may not be for you.

Helpful Tip: Simplify your business organization with Freework. Manage your time tracking, project tasks, client details, payment information, and more all in one easy-to-use app.

Is the Freelance Lifestyle for You?

It’s easy to see why people are flocking to freelance careers. Freelancers have the ability to do what they love, work from anywhere, and have the free time to enjoy life outside of work. But the advantages of freelance life don’t come without substantial drawbacks. Freelancers don’t typically receive guaranteed hours, payment, or benefits, and workflow can be tricky without self-motivation or organization. So, is freelancing for you? Take time to weigh the pros and cons before embarking on your freelance career.

27. drsushil3300

drsushil3300 New Member

Freelancing is truly helpful. Here individuals can work as per their time, space and conditions. Can speak from their heart and make people listen from their mind. They can make people think on contemporary issues and help society find out the solutions to different problems. They are the masters of their field, can be the guides of the society and enlightening houses for the scenario. They are not only working for themselves but also for the global society, as a whole.

28. Angelene

Angelene New Member

Freelancing is not helpful but very helpful to many people that wants to just work at home. Freelancing allows you to still do your responsibilities at home even though you are working, It also allows you have some more time for your family and loved ones. Freelancing sometime they call it boring, But for me, It's completely different from what they think, I am completely thankful that these kind of opportunity came.

As a housewife with a small baby to feed, I need to spend more time with my family while earning money as well. Thanks to Freelancing that is now Possible. All you just need is to believe that you could do it.

29. Arnelbrix

Arnelbrix New Member

For me freelancing is very helpful. you can manage your time without having a boss, you can freely do most of the things you want to do like go to the gym, buy groceries, hang out with friends or family without no worries. because for me TIME is the most precious things in this world especially for your family.

30. wgchild

wgchild New Member

Freelancing is a great opportunity for many individuals looking to make extra money outside of the traditional 9-5 structured lifestyle. There is a veritable smorgasbord of tasks and odd jobs available to individuals that have entry-level skill sets and even more opportunities available to skilled individuals. Freelancing offers freelancers the freedom to earn money wherever they are, during all hours of the day or night, according to their individual availability. Earning a few extra dollars each month, in addition to a traditional paycheck, is a feasible option for those with too little money to meet their financial goals. Imagine earning all your "disposable income" for special treats each month while, dressed in your pajamas or lounging on the couch. Freelancing is becoming much more common place than it was a year ago. Now, there are several online directories offering job listings and micro tasks for anyone interested. Some freelance positions require minimal testing or sample work to be reviewed but, many require only that the task is completed in proper and timely fashion.