Is it hard to find a freelance job nowadays?

Discussion in 'The Freelance Life' started by lyniekepz, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:06 AM.

1. lyniekepz

lyniekepz New Member

A freelancer is self-employed person offering services, usually to businesses and often to multiple clients at a time. I am very much excited and interested in doing freelance job but unfortunately I cannot find a client. For you what is the best advice you could give to me?

2. Lara Cabagnot

Lara Cabagnot New Member

Did quit my job to venture into freelancing because I wanted to earn more and be a full-time mom. So far, I can say that it's not that easy tp look for clients so it's best to improve on your skills as there are lots of competitions.

3. carlojude22

carlojude22 New Member

In terms of availability of freelance jobs, no. There are so many freelance jobs out there. You can search jobs here:

1. Upwork
    2. Taptal
    3. Elance
    4. Freelancer
    5. Craiglist
    6. Guru

These are some of those websites where you can find freelance jobs. Now, even if there are several jobs that are available, it still depends on the skills that you have. You can search for jobs that suits your skills, and try to apply and wait if you will be hired. You must also check their terms and conditions if it is worth the work because some offers low payment. But still, there are so many options to choose from. My advise is, you might want to improve and widen your skills so it won't be hard to find a job that is right for you. By the way, there are also tests that you can take in websites listed above, to improve your rating and get a higher chance of getting hired. Goodluck!

4. Toon

Toon New Member

I can't think of a better time to work as a freelancer. You might want to jump in before automation changes the entire landscape. Once programs are writing articles and producing solid content on their own; the work is going to dry up. You can sign up for websites, but I'd also recommend posting a resume online for any field you might be interested in. Landing permanent work should be a goal unless you thrive on the uncertainty.

5. ann2195

ann2195 New Member

It is not hard to find a freelance job once you know your skills and you able to do the job. I am a freelance photographer at first it is really hard for me to find clients but when you found clients you should do your best because they might be another window of opportunities( they maybe have friends/families needing a photographer).You might as well try out posting your work online, and if you find it is hard then you might as well apply or sign up for websites that needing freelancers.