Is it really hard to find job as a graphic designer?

Discussion in 'Web Development, Programming & Graphics' started by rhem091, Jan 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. rhem091

rhem091 New Member

I really want to know

2. zupbuddy

zupbuddy New Member

Yes and no. There are many positions related to computer graphics and design out there, but its competitve and its harder to find positions that offer competitive wages, benifits, and stability. They are often freelance positions and you will be constantly hustling for clients and short term contracts. Cultivating relationships with employers helps to keep your schedule filled, but it can be tiring. Some stable, staff positions do exist of course, but they are more competitive to get. There are a lot more positions for designers now that internet content is in such high demand, but just like with any creative career, your ambition, ability to sell yourself, and talent for the hustle are just as important if not more so than your talents.

3. mblaster

mblaster New Member

Yes, and for any job out there. You have to have a bachelor's degree and prove your talent in art and design courses.
    True that it's always about quality but having many samples for a variety of fields is always a plus point as it shows that you are comfortable to work on anything. Don't wait for someone to hire you, think of a project in your mind and work on it. You can just show that as your work sample, didn't work out? continue working as there is nothing as informative and educative as self-learning. Talk to people in the field to update yourself and before you know it you will be you will have already been placed.

4. laiza2019

laiza2019 New Member

Yes indeed, it is hard to find job as graphic designer. In fact, i think all of the jobs are really hard to find even if you have finished college or having a bachelor's degree. For me, if you just only have some dedication, eagerness to strive harder on applying or finding jobs and most especially having faith to our Almighty God, i think you will get the job that you've wanted to. Just don't give up and be hopeful. We all know that there is a perfect timing for everything :)

5. jsoriano10

jsoriano10 New Member

Difficulty in finding a job as a graphic designer depends on your proficiency level and the skill sets you posses that match the job vacancy. Given the high competition in finding a job now, not just graphic designers, but many people venture out in doing freelance work. This type of job gives people the flexibility they need like working hours, holiday offs, project options, etc.

I am a firm believer that success is not just measured by your pay check or the amount of money that you have in your bank account, but the number of times you have achieved a specific goal and succeeded and overcame challenges. If your goal is to find a job, your determination, passion and eagerness will take you far. Remember that you become what you envision yourself to be.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  6. zedaon

zedaon New Member

Not really... As long as you've got all the skills needed to do the job, you should be fine getting a job. Of course, you should have a good portfolio to show your potential clients. You can start building your portfolio now by doing small online projects for free or for your acquaintances first.

It also depends on what area you live in. It's for sure easier if you live in a big city because there's a higher demand for workers.

7. Maharlika

Maharlika New Member

I don't think so. Immediate hirings are rampant-experienced to beginners! After all, we need to be a little more extra and set our foot humbly, don't we? Perseverance and attitude is the key! :thumbsup:

8. jonjon1980

jonjon1980 Member

not at all just know the basics job hiring will be easy