Is it true that music can change our mood?

Discussion in 'Music' started by kaye, Jun 16, 2011.

1. navaneethbojan

navaneethbojan New Member

yes, music can change my mood. when ever i get upset with any issues i just go hear some music so i feel better after that. i hit gym with motivational music so i can workout much more motivated

2. Mafanikio

Mafanikio New Member

Yes. Music can change our moods in number of ways. Music reduces stress. Music entertains. Music makes people excited. Music adds energy for hardwaorking and accomplish tasks. Music have lessons to be learned depending on the contents of the information. Music consoles people who had lost their loved ones and other valuable things. Music changes people attitudes and the ways they perceive the world.

3. charoy16

charoy16 Member

The sounds you’re exposed to every day influence your mind. When it comes to music you like, your body releases dopamine. This hormone is also secreted when you’re doing something you enjoy. When you hear a song you love, different parts of your brain activate. For example, certain songs “light up” the area responsible for emotional responses such as the visual cortex and the motor cortex.

4. charoy16

charoy16 Member

Music relaxes you, takes away your troubles, makes you dance, and encourages you to sing at the top of your lungs. It tells your story and allows you to forget the past. Music so much that we need it more than we think. It can change your mood in an instant and make a gray day explode with color.

5. michaelsuarez

michaelsuarez New Member

Yes, it affects our mod because when you are sad just play music like happy music or anything that can cheer you up of music but i recommended that you play music because it can change our mood, when your happy and you want to be sad lol play music that can touch you.
    You cant Touch music but music can touch you :D

6. aqrius

aqrius New Member

yes it can i just play music when im alone when facing some problem it helps me a lot it makes me happy and forget some bad things happen

7. kassypaps09

kassypaps09 Member

I really believe that music can change my mood because music makes me happy when I'm sad Comforts me when I;m feeling down and also gives me emotions to feel and that change my mood for awhile

8. lorjen

lorjen New Member

yes it does... at the moment,I've been listening to current songs... I don't feel sad or lonely... I mean,music gives you glaah back of the good and bad memories you had when we hear a certain song .. thats why at the momwnt I like new songs..no memories to flash back when I hear it...

9. kc222

kc222 New Member

Yes,I believe that music can changed my mood.If I'm angry I prefer to listen to music so I can calm.Even if I get stressed I'll listen to a relaxing music so I can relax.When I'm tired I listen to a POP music because it can help me to get energetic and I like it.When i get bored all I want to do is to listen to a music.Even if I'm walking going to school I like to listen to a music.Music can changed are mood because their are different types of music that can changed your mood for example if you are angry you better choose a POP song so you can calm or you can listen to a relaxing music so you can calm.If I get bored I listen to a music and I can imagine every lyrics of a music.

10. Kwinsil

Kwinsil New Member

Yes, it is true that music can change our mood. According to research, music stimulates emotions through specific brain circuits. We can see how music and the brain engage mood and emotion through observing a child. A child smiles and begins to dance and sing to a rhythm. This is an experience of uplifted mood of joy from the music. We also see this when parent and child connect through song. When a mother sings a happy song to her child, the child follows and when the mother sings an emotional song, the child's face frowns and he or she begins to cry. When a person listens to music, his or her brain begins to imagine things. For example, a person is listening to a dance music, the person begins to imagine that he or she is the one dancing the song. But of course, these also depends on the dreams of the person and the reason of of his or her good and bad mood.

11. Castro_Mike

Castro_Mike New Member

Definitely yes. Try listen to positive vibe music when your down, you will notice it can alleviate your negative emotion thus improving your mood.

12. Johnmathew

Johnmathew New Member

Yes, especially when we are listening to a particular music genre such as pop--my favorite one. But everyone has a different type of music that can change their mood. Like me, I love listening to pop and alternative rock songs such as "love yourself" by Justin Bieber and "Helena" by My Chemical Romance. I used to listen to music everytime I workout cause it changes my mood from the neutral one to energetic one.

So whenever you feel lonely or not in mood just listen to music that you want and say goodbye to those loneliness

13. Marvin_Baccay09

Marvin_Baccay09 New Member

Music can change our mood based on the genre that we loved, it is made not just to satisfy our ears but also to touch our heart with its amazing impact to our emotion, for example, slow songs can calm us and makes us feel relax while rock songs can bring out our energy with its beat..

14. ILYSNC1897

ILYSNC1897 New Member

Music is one of the most important elements that affect a person’s mood. Music and mood have a special connection. They tend to be hand in hand when people reminisce about old times. Some songs have an effect of helping people feel better after something sad, tragic or hurtful has happened. Music with lyrics is just as helpful as music with no lyrics. Yet, music with lyrics has a way of connecting to people’s feelings, emotions and experiences. There are songs that act as stories or a soundtrack to a person’s life. They help people remember certain things, even when they want to forget them. Music has an amazing effect on people. It can affect moods and inspire; A piece of classical music can soothe and even lower blood pressure. A piece of pop music may even energize some. Music has become an integral part of people’s daily life. People hear music all the time; when going to school, having coffee, working out and sometimes even for sleeping. Individuals tend to listen to music that fits their emotions. If they’re happy they’ll listen to upbeat music and when sad they’ll listen to slow music. People do this because music is able to change their mood from one minute to another. I also believe that there are certain music, rhythym and lyrics that we can relate to our lives.

15. Markoriginals117

Markoriginals117 New Member

Yes, it is true, and I can confirm to this. Imagine a world without music, how boring it would be. Everyone of us, had at least, listened to a certain music, and not long after, we fell in love with it. Music is a force, that is very powerful:
    it can make a brave soldier cry,
    it can make a criminal disintegrate to his innocence,
    it can make a lifeless person feel alive again,
    or it can make an infantry Move.
    That's how powerful Music is
    Of course music can change moods.Imagine, going to a funeral and "Kiss the rain" is playing, just how sad it makes you, even just listening to it. For this to be elaborated, I will provide a situation, as to how Music affect us, and how it changes our mood:

Let's say you went to a party, and everyone was enjoying it, because "Feels" by Calvin Harris was on, however, a very horrific song comes up during the party, and then the next thing you know, the mood to party, is gone.

In my opinion, music is some thing, we can likely say as a partial embodiment of mood in its self. Just how amazing it is, to know that the very thought a certain music turning up somewhere, makes us want to dance or to even just tap our very own feet just to fill in with the beats.

16. Honestly, music makes me relax whenever i'm so stressed in my world lol. I'll just put on my speaker or ear phones and go to youtube or spotify and play my jam! everything will be perfect!

17. nanette-pxmB

nanette-pxmB Member

Its a BIG YES for me, its really change our mood when we are listening music. Music is known to tap into various parts of the brain, that is why it is utilized by many experts in treating depressed or anxious patients. The meter, timber, rhythm and pitch of music are managed in areas of the brain that deal with emotions and mood. Even if a thing that saddens you is not present in front you, it can make you feel down for the days to come – especially if you let it get to you. But if you want to enjoy a more positive view in life, then what you need to do is listen to your favorite tunes.

18. nanette-pxmB

nanette-pxmB Member

Music does not only change your present disposition, it can alter your future mood as well. Even if you turn that iPod off, the music that you just listened to can significantly change your brain waves. That means a positive mood for the hours (even days) to come. Music is a safe and cheap way to improve your mood. And with a better disposition, you can have a better life.

19. joeyla26

joeyla26 New Member

very much so... music helps you in any way. it matters what type of song are listening to.

20. abby002

abby002 New Member

In my opinion, I believe that music changes our mood. It depends on our mood how to choose a song that can relate to us. If we are sad, we listened to a sad song. I love listening to music because it feels comfortable and relax. It help us relieve our stress and stay calm and focus.

21. Dajana Hamar

Dajana Hamar New Member

Yes, most definitely. Our emotional responses are tightly connected to how we interpret something in the first place. So, if you listened to something upbeat and you're feeling happy the chance is, next time you listen to the same song your emotional response will be happiness and satisfaction.

22. bhie

bhie New Member

Music can make you happy, A lot of people turn to upbeat music whenever they feel sad or depressed, and it comes as no surprise why it is a viable solution for people feeling blue. For several years, music has made a lot of individuals happy. That’s because soothing tunes foster the release of serotonin, a hormone that fosters happiness and a general sense of well-being. It also flushes the body with dopamine, a neurotransmitter that makes you feel good. Music also paves the way for the release of norepinephine, a hormone that brings about euphoria and elation.

With all the hormones that flood the body with happy thoughts, you do not have to purchase expensive anti-depressant medications just to feel better.

23. Pearl000

Pearl000 New Member

yes it is very true that music can change a mood in a way that if we feel sad music can make us happy if we listen some happy songs or music can help us to motivate also.

24. Pearl000

Pearl000 New Member

you are very indeed true. that because of music many people are happy and feel sad.

25. Well from my own perspective, yes it does, because me personally very much entwined with music like it's already in me. Even though there's no music playing around me, it still does play within me, wherever I go. And also when feeling blue, depressed, stressed and etc. Music just makes me feel better.

26. marco1995

marco1995 New Member

Music plays very effective role to alleviating stress. No matter what you listen. listen according to your taste, Always listen such music which you enjoy. Music can change your mood. so turn your negative thoughts in positive through listen to good music :)

1 person likes this.
  27. marco1995

marco1995 New Member

Yes it is true that music can change your mood. It can calm your nerves when you are angry and anxious, it can make you happy when you are feeling sad. It will put you in the mood for extra-curricular Activities :) Music can do everything.

1 person likes this.
  28. myloves87

myloves87 New Member

I'm strongly agree that music can change our moods.

Music is a good way to communicate or to have time with your self. It will relax/calm your feelings. It can change your mood depends on what song you are listening.

29. Belleniah17

Belleniah17 New Member

Music assumes extremely successful part to easing pressure. Regardless of what you tune in. tune in as per your taste, Always listen such music which you appreciate. Music can change your temperament. so hand your negative thoughts over positive through tune in to great music.There have been logical examinations demonstrating that tuning in to music influences a people disposition, despite the fact that not generally decidedly. While one melody may impact a whole gathering of individuals, every individual in the gathering is affected separately and there can be various reactions to that one tune from various people. Music is additionally connected to better memory and less demanding learning. Exercises which connect with the two sides of the mind in the meantime, for example, playing an instrument or singing, makes the cerebrum be more equipped for handling data.

I certainly figure music can impact individuals' mind-sets. In case I'm worried or anything, I'll play a portion of my most loved groups and begin feeling better in a matter of seconds. Music is simply so relieving and quieting for me.

30. marco19

marco19 New Member

Yes it is true that music can change your mood. It can calm your nerves when you are angry and anxious, it can make you happy when you are feeling sad. It will put you in the mood for extra-curricular Activities :) Music can do everything.