Is it true that music can change our mood?

Discussion in 'Music' started by kaye, Jun 16, 2011.

1. GigiLDN

GigiLDN New Member

Hello happy people, I think the title shouldn't have the interrogation point!!:):):):):)
    I can tell this to experience music can make everything better in our life. I was depressed years ago and music helped me a lot. THANKS TO MUSIC I was alive again!!

2. johnmichaelescalona

johnmichaelescalona New Member

maybe? but for me its a temporary maybe it can change what your mood is, but after that song ends there is nothing change for me when your mad or angry just listen what your favorite songs to make that bad feeling to good vibes. i love music but in reality music is music we can love music but music doesnt love us back.
    its just my opinion ^^

3. sallyjean08

sallyjean08 New Member

It is so very true. Music changes almost everything, the mood, the lifestyle, outlook in life, and many others.
    Music plays a big part in our life, whenever we feel lonely we listen to sad songs which we think that really describes the current situation we are in, there were also times when we just heard a little bit of a certain music then it hits us hard emotionally that we get to the point of searching for that certain song. There were also solemn songs that gives us hopes and more emotions.

All in all there are different types of songs, each type has its own value in our life, each type has its own effect and each type has its own message. Either it gives us Hope, Courage, Happiness, Love, Strength, Calmness and many more.

4. donjandex

donjandex New Member

Music can be powerful. It can change our mood, and, research shows, even change our behavior. Music can affect your mood in many ways. This is because of the rhythm and tone that we hear when we listen to music. When we listen to a rhythm, our heart begins to synch with it. A slow heartbeat with a strong diastolic pressure tells our brain that something sad or depressing is occurring. Very fast-beating has to do with excitement, while a dreamy rhythm with occasional upbeats can be a sign of love or joy.

5. Iamlucky111

Iamlucky111 Member

Yes. Music can change our mood. All music is essentially a combination of frequencies. Those frequencies enter your brain through your ear (which is ultimate digital transcription tool).When they enter into brain they cause certain neurons to fire causing your brain chemistry to change.

6. anithachirakkal

anithachirakkal New Member

Music can change our mood instantly.it can make memories feel present and any dream seem tangible.

7. earnheartashley7

earnheartashley7 New Member

Absolutely! The happier and more upbeat the music you listen to is, the more happy and upbeat I tend to be. I find that when I listen to sad and depressing music, I feel unmotivated and kind of sad to be honest.

8. gabrielfigs

gabrielfigs New Member

Most definitely music does affect our moods.
    I just need to figure out why on earth do we usually listen to sad songs when we're sad. Shouldn't we try and listen to something that makes us happier?!

9. archiejay

archiejay New Member

Yes, it is true that music can change your mood. It removes boredom and depression that's why I enjoy listening whenever possible. It can also makes you happy and reduce anxiety. In fact, it creates a positive feeling which would be beneficial to mental health.

10. Rexway4

Rexway4 Member

Music help relief our boring, so when I get bored the right thing for me to do is plug my ear phone on my ear and started listening to music when I do this there is something in me that brings in joy,

social network is another good place to relief your self from stress and boring,this is the reason why the plartform was created.

Youtube and itune is another good place that could make your day since everything is there that could entertain your mind.

11. jendexayayra

jendexayayra New Member

When we were born, music has always been there. It's like the air we breathe, but never really paid attention to it. Music produces waves that affects my mood and my mind. It also depends on the type of music that I have intentionally feel like listening to. Music does affect how I'm feeling and the way I perceive things are. Research confirms music improves mental health conditions.

12. czari

czari New Member

I definitely think listening to music affects my mood. I actively try to choose what I listen to depending on how I feel at the moment. Sometimes you'd just like to have a pity party and sometimes you need something to cheer you up.

13. Vishnumayyanad

Vishnumayyanad New Member

Yes, of course, music can change us. Only the music that touches the heart can create such a marvel. No matter how great the tension or anger, the song will melt into it

14. Tynisha

Tynisha New Member

Music is very powerful in many ways and has had impacts on peoples lives in various ways especially their mood. Listening to sad music has made some people more depressed and they end up harming themselves or even others. Love songs can remind you how you feel about someone in particular or someone from your past. I definitely believe music sways peoples moods and opinions on a situation.

15. jedcorinne

jedcorinne New Member

Yes, definitely music can change our mood. As we all know, music is a form of art and an expression of emotions through harmonic frequencies. For example, if we look at a painting of crying children. Automatically, we would feel sadness just by looking at it. That is also the same in music since it is a form of art. If we listen to happy or upbeat songs we often feel alive and recall positive memories, whereas if you listen to sad music you often recall negative memories from your past. Music definitely influences the mood of people.

16. enel1

enel1 New Member

Yes, music can indeed change our mood. This is because of the rhythm and tone that we hear when we listen to music and our heart and brains begin to sync with it. A slow rhythm of music affects us reminding sad or depressing occurring. Very fast rhythm makes our mood lively, in excitement, while dreamy rhythm appears as to be in a joy or love moments. Music lover tells that a “major key” music piece will usually bring signal cheerful communication to our brain, while “minor key” pieces are sadder.

Music listening is a potentially powerful tool for improving our overall health and well-being. We listen to music to relieve our pain or to feel at joy in a moment. Classical and meditative sounds seem to be uplifting, while heavy metal and techno can make depression worse. Something else that is interesting about how our emotions are affected by music is because of perceived emotions and felt emotions related to music. This means that sometimes we can understand the emotions of a piece of music without actually feeling them, which explains why some of us find listening to sad music enjoyable, rather than depressing.

17. EeenJay

EeenJay New Member

Yes, Absolutely! I always believe that music has power. It can even alleviate physical pain. One researcher conducted a clinical research in some hospitals' pedia ward on the effects of music therapy to babies who will undergo a certain invasive procedure (e.g. Intravenous line insertion), and music really impacted to the emotions of babies being studied. Those babies who received music therapy during their procedures is less anxious compared to those who were not.

Personally, the kind of music I'm playing every time I go to church really cheers me up and impressed my heart with spiritual uplifting. Same as through during my depressing moments. Music always saves my neck and give me another hope for a better tomorrow. Yes, the choice of music really influence your quality of life. It make your work pleasant and drives negativity away. The Influence of music makes you vulnerable, unpredictable and sometimes untouchable. Indeed, music is power. It can be a blessing or a curse.

18. jjmontero

jjmontero Member

I think it effectively changes the mood depending on the genre that there are listening to.

19. JTibIV

JTibIV New Member

Yes, music really has an impact on mood. However, it depends upon genre and depends upon what type of person is listening. Music poses a bigger impact on audiovisual learners, or audio learners since they are more inclined to it. The beat of a song, the melody, the rhythm and different aspects of music differs, thus various effects on mood is observed.

20. Jahro05

Jahro05 New Member

Music can affect your mood in many ways. This is because of the rhythm and tone that we hear when we listen to music. When we listen to a rhythm, our heart actually begins to synch with it. A slow heartbeat with a strong diastolic pressure tells our brain that something sad or depressing is occurring. Very fast beating has to do with excitement, while a dreamy rhythm with occasional upbeats can be a sign of love or joy. Tones are just as important as rhythm. A “major key” music piece will usually signal cheerful communication to our brain, while “minor key” pieces are sadder. This all has a very strong effect on our brain, which makes our mind actually feel what’s being communicated to us.

21. Jubilado

Jubilado New Member

Of course it does, once i came home and was upset about the weather and i started earing country music with my sister and once we knew we were singing like kids and laughing.

22. elaineeeeeey

elaineeeeeey New Member

According to one of the Articles I read and based on my experience Music can really change our mood.
    According to them Music is not only able to affect your mood -- listening to particularly happy or sad music can even change the way we perceive the world.

23. derek2002

derek2002 New Member

Yes! especially if you can relate on the song. i love trap music because of its beats it can make me hype when i'm sad

24. shankz15

shankz15 New Member

Changing my moods when i was listening to the music and it depends what genre i want to listen base my moods happy, sad, motivated, relaxing and many more makes me think and it has have a ability to change everything surrounded you like a paradise and one of my favorite is listening a praise and worship songs (hillsongs, planet shakers, don moen and many more....

enjoy the music that turns your mood into special everytime you listen to it

25. Seseyumi

Seseyumi New Member

I Agree with you, when i'm not in the mood , I listening to christian song , it makes me free and calm all the time I hear it . It's like forgeting for a while your problems and hard time.