is Long Distance Relationship really that hard?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Benjo, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Stax11

Stax11 New Member

Where there a will there is a way. It is not really that hard when both parties have a common agenda to achieve and that's LOVE. All you need is trust and honesty to each other. text often and call, video call everyday.

2. love224

love224 New Member

Long Distance Relationship is hard. It will depends on the mindset of the couple and how deep the foundation that they have made. Long distance relationship needs a lot of trust on each other, constant communication and loyalty. But in the end of the day if you really love each other and if you really are meant for each other no matter how far the distance you are from each other your relationship will work.

3. love224

love224 New Member

Long Distance Relationship is hard. It will depends on the mindset of the couple and how deep the foundation that they have made. Long distance relationship needs a lot of trust on each other, constant communication and loyalty. But in the end of the day if you really love each other and if you really are meant for each other no matter how far the distance you are from each other your relationship will work.

4. maryKD

maryKD New Member

#When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far, no time too long and no other love can break them apart.
    #Distance means so little, when someone means so much.
    #The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

5. sefie23

sefie23 New Member

I don't know if this is long enough, but I have been in a long distance relationship for 1 year and 3 months now. And yes this is actually a hard situation for two people who wants to spend their lifetime together but for me this works. As long as both of you understand the situation and both of you should make efforts to communicate. In addition to this, we have technology- Facebook, messenger, skype, viber. If a couple really loves each other there is no issue or problem that can stop them from loving each other, even distance.

6. Yanivosso

Yanivosso New Member

Well in my experience withlong distance relationships is that if both partners don’t want it bad.. both in a mutual way the relationship always has a chance to hold on .. it’s all about making sacrifies and the deive to take that commitment.. no matter what happens you can always solve your problems with words.. but if the relationship lacks that drive to keep the fire alive no matter the situation eventually the fire will die out very soon .. you see there was a study done .. and in that study they found the key for long lasting relationships.. and that is to always do something new no matter what it is.. a walk in a new park , eating at a new restaurant..but when it comes to long distance relationships you need to be very creative. And make the effort to see each other no matter the distance. Take in mind that it might just cost a little more than a regular relationship

7. rievilla

rievilla New Member

Yes, it is. Long distance relationship is really hard if we are not committed enough to the person. Love is not enough to go on with the relationship. It has to go on with commitment, trust and hard work. How can you say i love you to a person when you don't do the things you are supposed to do in that relationship. So hard work for that is essential. Because everyday of your lives being far a way with each other is a day that is full of challenges. Few stay in the relationship without other party or the 3rd party. If your love is true, there is no hindrance too big to conquer. So though it is hard, just go on, keeping the love alive, show how much you love and care, commit yourself to the fullest, above all love with all of your heart and nothing can beat you. No distance can define the love you have for each other. It's not the distance or the nearness of you that can make your love alive, it is the love in your hearts that can keep it burning till the end.

8. Airah

Airah New Member

I’d say its hard but could still work. Im currently in a long distance relationship for over a year now. I’ve been with my partner for over 7 years now and counting. This is the longest time that we’re not together. But we make it work, and thanks to the magic of the internet, communication is easier. All you have to work with is time availability. Time zone difference is the main problem we have when we want to communicate. We still fight sometimes, just like any other relationship but im a strong believer than communication and open-mindedness and patience is the key. For some people i know, trust is the biggest issue. I for one, believe than even if you live with someone 24/7, if your partner has a tendency to cheat, there’s a greater chance that they will, given the chance. There will never be a perfect relationship but i believe that if you compromise, communicate and have an open mind,, there’s a better chance it will work.

9. kgail

kgail New Member

I don't think its that hard if the two of you will work for it. Because relationship are for 2 people that love each other and will do everything to keep their relationship alive. Distance nowadays are not a problem anymore because of the technology that we have. Of course you will miss one another the touch and everything. But thats the beauty in it. That is what will keep the fire burning in your relationship. You just need the right amount of respect .honesty . and loyalty to your partner.

10. Lilly03

Lilly03 New Member

Long distance relationships are hard,that is true. It is also true in my opinion that distance does make the heart grow fonder.That being said,the time apart creates it's own problems largely sometimes due to experiencing different things as you are apart. These different experiences may bring about changes in one that the partner who is away may not understand.

11. Jurexblue

Jurexblue New Member

For someone like me who works overseas, a long distance relationship is something not new to me. I have to say that having a long distance relationship can be very quite difficult. Human as we are, no matter how we try to be loyal and honest to our partners or lovers, we are prone to a lot of temptation. The fact as well that you and your significant other is far away from each other, the chances of having the feelings you have for each other will fade because fixing a problem that you both might encounter is a challenge. Especially when the other person chooses not to talk you in order for the issue to be fixed. But still, it does not mean to say that long distance relationship will not work out. That will still depend both of your efforts to make things work out. If both you and your partner really love and cares for each other that much, then long distance relationship will never be an issue.

12. soozee

soozee New Member

Long distance relationships are always hard, but like anything else the effort you put into it will determine the success of it. My husband and I had a long distance relationship for about 2 years. We had just started dating about a year before he got a new job that required that he move to another town. He was about 3 hours away. I had just started my career and was excited about my new job. I dove in to work and so did he. We kept in touch over the phone. And this was before cellphones were so prevalent. I paid for one of those A T & T buildings I'm sure. The post office was also kept busy. We traveled once a month. I would go up to see him and then 2 weeks later he would travel to see me. We did this for 2 years. Between all that it worked. I loved him more than anything and I knew he loved me too. I missed him terribly. We made it work. After 3 years of dating he proposed. We have been married for 25 years. I still adore him and love him more than ever. We have 3 beautiful children and have created a great life. I can't imagine a better life or partner. So if you really want it to work it can. And today it is easier than before. Facebook, Snapchat, and Face time make a big difference and it doesn't cost anywhere near what we paid to keep in touch. Whatever happens true love will prevail. Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

13. Hamoney

Hamoney New Member

Yes unless you can both have sex with other people . Otherwise chances are one of you is going to cheat . I don't think long distance works out 99% of the time .

14. walakoname

walakoname New Member

Long distance relationship is one of the hardest situation a couple could be. But it can also depend on the loyalty and trust of both to each other. Things should be balanced, too much communication could lead to arguements and breakups and lack of communication could lead to loss of love. Both must not be possessive towards each other. Both must support each other unless if one knows that the decision could lead into danger. Long distance relationship are only for people who can endure not seeing their partners whenever they want or need. They can only rely through wireless communicating system. But the best moment when you are in long distance relationship is when the time comes to finally be together. It will be the reward for enduring the situation, and it will always be worth it. I'll give you an advice if you are in a long distance relationship, have a consistent and balanced communication, give your partner a time for hisself, don't be possessive, just because you are not seeing each other but that doesn't mean you have to communicate through the phone all the time. Doing things to enjoy yourself also helps unless you are doing things that could ruin what you've been fighting together. Stay in love, give trust and be loyal.

15. walakoname

walakoname New Member

Long distance relationship is one of the hardest situation a couple could be. But it can also depend on the loyalty and trust of both to each other. Things should be balanced, too much communication could lead to arguements and breakups and lack of communication could lead to loss of love. Both must not be possessive towards each other. Both must support each other unless if one knows that the decision could lead into danger. Long distance relationship are only for people who can endure not seeing their partners whenever they want or need. They can only rely through wireless communicating system. But the best moment when you are in long distance relationship is when the time comes to finally be together. It will be the reward for enduring the situation, and it will always be worth it. I'll give you an advice if you are in a long distance relationship, have a consistent and balanced communication, give your partner a time for hisself, don't be possessive, just because you are not seeing each other but that doesn't mean you have to communicate through the phone all the time. Doing things to enjoy yourself also helps unless you are doing things that could ruin what you've been fighting together. Stay in love, give trust and be loyal.

16. Cessnavie

Cessnavie Member

I experienced having long distance relationship so I could say it is hard especially if there is no means of communication like one has no cellphone. But, because we love and trust each other, we were able to surpass this challenge in our relationship.

My ex-boyfriend who is now my husband and I have been married 8 years now. We are happy that we are still together despite of being separated for almost three years because of financial and family issues.

For those who are now in a long distance relationship, just keep your trust to each other which is they key of success of your relationship.

17. Pattybright12

Pattybright12 New Member

I might say it is a yes. Especially if you and your partner are used to be together like you're living in the same house for a couple of years then suddenly one of you will go far just for the future of your family. There are some instances that you're worrying about on what he/she actually doing because he might find to someone to get along. For me there is two things that will keep distance relationship going.
    1. Communication. Yes in some of distance relationship people experiencing today "Lack of communication" but please make sure that you make yourself a time to talk with your love ones. It's a big appreciation for their part that you`ll able to communicate with them even if you're busy on your job or business.
    2. Trust. The most important thing on distance relationship. If you don't have a trust on your partner it will ruined your relationship. There is a tendency that you`ll over think on what he`s doing/feeling and it can cause a lot of arguments. Trust him and trust GOD believe me it will be fine soon.

18. CupcakeMish

CupcakeMish New Member

Long distance relationship... It can be really tough. But at the same time, it can be very rewarding. When I was in high school, I was wondering how people in LDR can last. It just seemed too difficult for me. But a couple years later, I fell in love with a man from a different country. And the whole fun began...

With the overall picture of a long distance relationship in mind I can say – yes, it is difficult. However, working on it with your significant other makes it more bearable and worthwhile. This takes a lot of effort from both sides and may not seem possible at times. But believe me... if this is the right person, you can make it last.

The most important thing that you need to remember is that communication is the key. You won't be able to see each other often so you have to talk. Remind your other half that you're thinking about them. Describe what you could do together when you finally meet, plan your next visit, share your hobbies and interests. There are plenty of things you can do online together so you won't get bored. Just be together even if you are away.

One of the previous posts also mentions trust and loyalty. This is extremely significant to keep any relationship last but with long distance in mind, it is easier to go into the overthinking mode when you rarely see each other. You have to believe that things will work out for you and trust your partner. I know that when your SO goes to a party and doesn't update you on how it's going, you automatically get worried they met someone there. I mean, it would be way more simple to date someone who's closer, right? But remember, closer doesn't mean better. So never doubt in each other's loyalty and be confident that your relationship is strong!

The last thing that comes to my mind is the fact that you should start planning your future. If you are in a long distance relationship and it has been a while already, you have to start thinking about the next step. Buying tickets and travelling all the time is not a walk in the park so you have to come up with a plan. It's always great to have a direction in which you want to go. Living in the moment is awesome but there's always a bigger picture that you need to consider.

These are my thought on long distance relationship. They are possible, they can last, they can be happier than a lot of classic relationships. Stay strong and stay positive! And don't let go, even if things get hard. This fight is worth its price.