Is love an action or a feelings?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Jilbih, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Jilbih

Jilbih New Member

Many says love is a feeling but love is not a feeling. Love is all about how you care and the attention you give.
    So, love is not a feelings but attention.
    Am I making sense guys?

2. Zircrenzo

Zircrenzo New Member

Love is felt because of the act of love. TO FEEL LOVE IS TO RECIEVE AN ACT OF LOVE.

3. Jam

Jam New Member

I'll admit, this topic is a bit tricky not in its sense but to its overall perspective but I think, for this time, I'd say both. I think that Love itself is an emotional response mechanism of man to gratitude and affection towards him. The magnitude of its effect to us shapes our overall social intercourse to one another that's why some stays friends and some elevates into a whole new relationship which is being ,of course, lovers and couples.

4. Markjim

Markjim Member

For me love is a feeling because even if you don't make actions for it, it will come to you even if you are not prepared to accept love in your life. Feeling happy to someone means you love them, you are happy because you see them happy . So if love comes to your life be sure to make an action that will never ever broke your heart.

5. zor1448

zor1448 New Member

Hi!
    I also one of those many people who believe that love is a feeling. We feel the love, it's in our hearts though we express our love by actions. And many says that "ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS".

I agree with you that love is about caring and giving attention and that's how we express our love, our feeling. We show what we feel to our family, to our partners and ourselves in many ways. Love is so wide and so deep that there is actually no exact word to describe it.

6. julmcwave

julmcwave New Member

Love involves both feelings and actions. There is no point that you keep on telling someone that you love him/her but not showing that kind of love you feel.

7. BrinaPresley

BrinaPresley New Member

Love is a feeling and you absolutely will know when you're feeling it. However showing your love is an action that you must do daily in order to keep that love strong.

8. jinnprixx

jinnprixx Member

For me love is a feeling that need action to prove to your love that you are sincere. This the best and simple explanation for this.

9. Em14

Em14 New Member

Love needs both to tango. It is a strong feeling that needs an action. you will never feel the love of one person in just staring at her/him.

10. kthrn

kthrn New Member

Love is both feelings and action entwined with each other. how can you love and show it through you action if you don't feel it. Its as if your fooling yourself making belief that you love the person but contrast with what you feel. You can pretend for a while but not forever, true feelings will show in the end.

11. zeekersmyle03

zeekersmyle03 New Member

Love for me is a feeling. But while it is, it is true that without actions, love can not be true. But this is because we are in need of external signs to prove that what is internal is true. We think that actions is our way of confirming if somebody loves us truly. But ironically, it is not the only way to confirm love. Sometimes, it is the things we don't do that proves how much we love a person. And these things are oftentimes not a good subject matter for conversation. And yet when two persons truly love each other, even without actions or words, they know. Love then for me, is a felling that transcends words or actions.

12. daughteroftheKing

daughteroftheKing New Member

Love and the action out of love cannot be separated. Love can be justified by an action. Same as the gift of giving, you can give without loving but you cannot love without giving. If you really love someone, it must have the evidence through you actions. You cannot say you love him but you choose to hurt him. It is not just a feeling but an action that flows from the love you have for him. It is a commitment.

13. StevRam

StevRam New Member

Love at first is a feeling but as time goes by it becomes an action. We need to act on our feelings to prove that we love somebody. Loving someone is putting an effort to it. You govr your time and affection. Well feelings we can both hate and love the person at same time. Love grows on how we act on it.

14. billeftimoski1

billeftimoski1 New Member

I'm with the Church on this one - love is an action. If you voice mountains of praise for your child but never make the effort to cook for them, clean for them, teach them, watch them, aid them, support them, it is hardly love. I think love has to be grounded in effort and self-sacrifice which means it can't really be a feeling, feelings don't take effort, they're automatic, and they're definitely not sacrificial.

15. achikeziah

achikeziah New Member

Love is based on the overwhelming value and worth of who God is and who we all are,being made in his image. Our love of God and each other requires a radical commitment, for God‘s holy image is precious beyond understanding.

Love is expressed by giving to the one who is loved, without concern for what is received in return, despite the self-sacrifice that might be involved. Hebrews 12:2: Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Love is not giving up something to receive something: it is not a deprivation suffered; but, it is the joy of bringing the other person to life, in wanting the very best for the one who is loved.

Therefore, Love is an action. The ultimate demonstration of God’s love for us is the life and sacrifice of Jesus for our salvation. In the most famous verse of the Bible, we are told: “God loved the world so much he gave his only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16 NIV).

16. myreviewmattersmost

myreviewmattersmost New Member

Love is a feeling that people act on, the root of love is embedded within and expressed without.

I believe that most things that are worth more than money are “invisible”. Such as love being the leading factor, then comes loyalty, happiness etc. You can love all different kind of ways, but the source is an invisible feeling within that is label as love. I believe love is more than actions and feelings. Love is colorful it’s joyful and it’s indescribable. Once you fall in love for the first time, you know you're in it for the long run. Of course, love between a husband and wife are expressed with actions as well, but what is the source from it came? A mother can fall in love with her unborn child the first time she feels it kick. Someone that never experienced love can go into a home that is filled with love and they can feel it. They might not be able to understand what they are feeling at first, like riding a bike. We didn’t understand what balance was until we got on the bike felt balance and kept peddling.

Love is most definitely a feeling a beautiful feeling that is invisible a miracle that we all can have and give.

17. Remziel

Remziel Member

Infatuation is an emotion or feeling. Love is a decision. Emotions and feelings can definitiely affect actions and decisions can also affect actions. When most people say they have "fallen in love" they really mean they have become dominated by infatuation. Love is a long term commitment or decision that is a frequent consequence of infatuation. Infatuation can come and it can go, but love can stay forever - or at least a long time. Marriage is a commitment to continue to make the decision to love someone for the rest of your life. Since infatuation is a feeling it is impossible to commit to being infatuated with someone for the rest of your life - feelings come and feelings go, but love can stay forever since it is a decision.