Is There Such A Thing As A Soul Mate?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buckeye44, Mar 13, 2018.

?

Do You Believe In A Soulmate?

Poll closed Mar 20, 2018.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. buckeye44

buckeye44 Member

Is finding your soul mate a real thing or not? Or is it just some romantic term for decribing your partner? Where do people get this idea of the perfect person that completes you? Is it from the Cinderella endings to movies we watch?

I would think it would put tremendous pressure on a relationship to feel there is only one person who is right for you. Although, I did read of a study from a Monmouth University poll taken in New Jersey (U.S.) where 66 percent of Adult respondents who are in relationships believe in the concept of a soulmate.

Where do you stand real or not? Do you forsee any problems with believing this terminology?

2. Miski345

Miski345 New Member

I was a bit confused when I first looked at this post because I was having trouble figuring out just how you define soulmate. A quick Google search only brought more confusion.
    My biggest problem with the term "soulmate" is that everyone seems to thinks it only pertains to romantic partners. As many of the definitions say, A soulmate is someone suited to you. This could be in terms of love and the type of relationship and future you want to have. It can also be as friends, someone with similar interests perhaps. You can even have a religious soulmate, someone who thinks and feels the same way about God as you.
    A soulmate is someone who is suited to you in some way. Based on the definitions, there are a variety of ways for people to be suited, thus technically you can have more than one soulmate.
    To directly answer your question though, you are obviously referring to the "Romantic" soulmate. Yes, they exist. There are all kinds of problems with the terminology. Just because you and someone else both like cheese doesn't make you soulmates. It goes deeper than that. Honestly, in my opinion, if you don't feel it in your soul, then they aren't your soulmate. This should not be confused with crushes and the like.

3. bexk8_

bexk8_ New Member

I think it takes finding one to know the true answer to this. I, personally, have found someone who made me believe with all my heart that a "soul mate" is not just a way of saying someone you are married to or someone you really like. A soul mate is someone who you can spend every second of the day with and then wish there were more seconds left in the day. A soul mate is someone that you go through the "honeymoon phase" with for a lifetime. A soul mate is someone who you completely and utterly enjoy being with, someone who relates to you on another level that others don't understand, and someone who you could never see being without.

4. celine_ciao2000

celine_ciao2000 New Member

Once you meet your soulmate you will know that it exists. I have definitely met mine. We don't have a romantic relationship but the relationship that we have is one that people would love to hear. Ours is a story worth telling. You will know and recognize your soulmate. It will come out naturally from both of you.