K-drama suggestions

Discussion in 'Movies' started by chwitwine, Apr 24, 2019.

1. chwitwine

chwitwine Member

Any good k-drama suggestions?

2. AceEiseu

AceEiseu New Member

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, Go Back Couple

3. nicknaz

nicknaz New Member

I am not personally into K-drama but when I watched Doctor Stranger starring Lee Jong Suk, I began to appreciate how Koreans make good and meaningful series.

The story was about about a doctor's son who followed the footstep of his dad being a heart surgeon.He studied and became the best cardiologist in North Korea then went back to South Korea to find his childhood sweet heart who happens to be also a doctor. Story revolves on how he practiced his craft being a heart surgeon despite the prejudice of being from North Korea. The story ends obviously with a happy ever after. For the whole story , I recommend watching it. It was a great story and for me is must watch indeed.

I learned from it that we should not let others judge us because of our past and where we came from. What matters is what we are truly as a person and how we can make a positive impact to others lives just like what Park Hoon did in the story.

It is a bit old but please watch to appreciate.

4. CeeJeey

CeeJeey New Member

Some of the best k-dramas that I've watched was:
    1. The Descendants-the Song-Song couple the best!
    2. Legend of the Blue Sea-Lee Min Ho is still one of the best korean actors for me. All his shows are definitely worth watching.
    3. Hwaugi(Korean Odessey)-Very interesting story, I was very hooked (I think I watched this in just a day) still can't accept how it ended tho.
    4. Goblin-i really really loved this show. And I've recently heard they've signed up for a part 2 so I'm really looking forward to it.
    5. What's Wrong With Secretary Kim-this show is best when you're just looking for a "feel good" show. I loved how it made me laugh almost the way through out the show.
    Most of this series are from last year. I haven't watched a lot lately cause I've been busy but I guarantee that all those shows that I've mentioned are worth watching.

5. ChiiChobitx

ChiiChobitx New Member

Weightlifting Fairy
    Hwayugi
    Whats wrong with Secretary Kim
    While you were sleeping
    Doctors
    Meteor Garden (korean version)

6. Pineapple112233

Pineapple112233 New Member

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo- if you are looking for a college romcom story theme then this is a must.
    While You Were Sleeping- this one is in top of my list because it cinematography and the flow of the story is great (best part is Bae Suzy tho ). Its a romcom mystery type of kdrama.
    Sensory Couple- it's a type crime, sci-fi and romcom kdrama, the characters have great acting so it's recommended.
    Queen of the Ring- this is just a short kdrama so if you are just new in kdrama then you try this one so you can have an overview on it :)

7. vincedprince

vincedprince Member

I did like Gangnam beauty because of the message of accepting people’s choices and the issues with judging people but I really didn’t feel the chemistry between the couple. Idk why people keep saying Gangnam beauty is the best.

8. Legend of the blue sea,Weightlifting fairy kim book joo are two of the many korean drama I've already watched. They are all good story. Im not a super fan of korean drama,but this two is an excuse. This is a beautiful story.

9. cozhart

cozhart New Member

Here are some of the bests I've watched so far:
    • What's wrong with Secretary Kim?
    • Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
    • My ID is Gangnam Beauty
    • My Love from another Star
    • While You Were Sleeping
    • Hwayugi
    • Descendants of the Sun
    I hope this helps. I really enjoyed these shows not only because they are fun to watch but also because I loved the production and the cinematography. I enjoy criticizing short details and I usually spot some intentional details on most of the scenes so if you are like me then these are the shows you should be watching.

10. cly1212

cly1212 New Member

Comeback Mister, it was an unexpected good watch. I watched it because of Rain but I found Oh Yeon Seo and Honey Lee's chemistry hilarious. Rain and Oh Yeon Seo scenes were funny too.

11. Mia09

Mia09 Member

My ID is beauty.gangnam

12. lynsana

lynsana New Member

TRAIN TO BUSAN 2.

13. ramraechel26

ramraechel26 New Member

I definitely hold Descendants of the Sun in high esteem out of all the K Dramas I've seen. I was skeptical upon starting it since this genre is filled of shows that are just overly chummy, but this show pleasantly surprised me.

I don't want to go into details to avoid spoiling anyone who haven't watched it yet, but I will tell you why it's good. This show is not predictable, go into depth about our civil servants and makes you wonder if what you're doing in life is worth it. If that doesn't pique your interest, I don't know what will. Enjoy!

14. vanessadespe

vanessadespe New Member

I watched so many Kdrama in my life but this is my TOP 10
    1. GOBLIN-The Lonely and Great God is a South Korean television series starring Gong Yoo in the title role with Kim Go-eun, Lee Dong-wook, Yoo In-na, and Yook Sung-jae.
    2. MIRACLE IN CELL no. 7- Inmates at a Korean prison join forces to protect a comrade and his young daughter, who cannot bear to be separated for even a moment.
    3. DOCTOR CRUSH-A unrly teenage girl meets a compassionate teacher who inspires her to alter her path and become a street-savvy neurosurgeon.
    4. WOMAN WITH THE SUITCASE-Woman with a Suitcase is a 2016 South Korean television series starring Choi Ji-woo, Joo Jin-mo, Jeon Hye-bin and Lee Joon.
    5. SIGNAL-A cold-case profiler in 2015 and a detective in 1989 work together to solve a series of related murders spanning three decades using a special walkie-talkie to communicate with each other.
    6. A GOOD DOCTOR-Joo Won as Park Si-on. Choi Ro-woon as young Si-on. Moon Chae-won as Cha Yoon-seo. Joo Sang-wook as Kim Do-han. Kim Min-seo as Yoo Chae-kyung.
    7. LEGEND OF THE BLUE SEA-A magistrate's plan to release mermaids into the ocean backfires when they're caught by fishermen.
    8. KOREAN ODYSSEY-While at odds with each other, Son O-Gong and King Wooma search for a true light in a world where evils exists everywhere.
    9. TOUCH YOUR HEART-A famous actress, gets caught in a scandal with a son of a rich family; with her career declining quickly, she looks for one last hope to get back on the screen and lands a role playing a secretary in a drama written by a famous screenwriter.
    10. A LOVE SO BEAUTIFUL-The ups and downs of school, family and growing up test the affection between a budding artist and her handsome but indifferent classmate and neighbour.
    I hope my TOP 10 is your TOP 10 too! There's so much more. Kdrama's was amazing collections of movie series that will able to take away your stress for a short period of time.

15. AngKool27

AngKool27 Member

Revenger and Bank Attack.

16. starheart

starheart New Member

She was pretty. Its one of my favorite korean drama. You will really like it, if you still haven't watch.

17. vanessadespe

vanessadespe New Member

THE GREATEST LOVE
    This drama is simply funny, sweet, and sometimes... sad. The story focuses on Ku Ae-Jung, the lead vocalist of the ex-popular girl group called "National Treasure Girls". After the group announced their breakup, Ku Ae-Jung experienced many difficulties in life. On the other hand, top actor Dok Ko-Jin, who is in fact arrogant and rude, is being chased by the public. The two are in separate worlds until they met each other in an unexpected time, unexpected place, and unexpected way.

Cast:

• Kong Hyo-Jin as Ku Ae-Jung
    • Cha Seung-Won as Dok Ko-Jin
    • Yoon Kye-Sang as Yoon Pil-Joo
    • Yoo In-Na as Kang Se-Ri

18. jhezz20

jhezz20 Member

»Abyss
    »He is Psychometric
    »What's wron with secretary Kim
    »Secret life of my secretary
    »Her private life
    »100 days my prince
    »Touch your heart
    »Uncontrollably fond
    »Oh my Venus
    »Tomorrow with you

19. phoedom

phoedom New Member

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND "GOBLIN"
    If there is any doubt for this drama , throw it away, because this is an Ultimate One. One word for this drama is "CLASSIC''!!! Just loved it. It was Perfect from 1st Episode to the last one, I'm glad that I've watched it. I'd cried, laugh, this drama creates lots of emotions...All time favourite..You Should watch it,because you'll never regret it. Gong Yoo (Oh My GOBLIN )an amazing actor,was perfect with that role & Kim Go Eun(Ji Run Tak) she's just fabulous actress. Supporting roles was too good. Lee Dong Woom was perfect as Grim Reaper. Many things which are good in this drama is it's Role coaster like plot , It made me Laugh , Cry , Smile & Most importantly Curious & Furious. Hat's Off to the Actors Directors & Specially those Who created OST of this drama , I mean how some Songs & Background Score can be so Perfect & Emotional !!! Still I'm speechless... Words are less to Appreciate this drama.

20. Zyrylrago

Zyrylrago Member

I suggest “hit the top”. It’s an underrated k-drama and I really don’t understand why. It was such a good drama and have a lot of lessons you can get. I also love the cheese in the trap, except it’s ending. It was full of plot twists so I really loved it but the ending is just not good. It would be a really good ending if that’s not the ending. I can’t really say it since It might spoil others. But nevertheless it’s a good k-drama.

21. Miah123

Miah123 New Member

Try to watch "Weightlifting Fairy"! For me, it is one of the best Korean drama that I ever watched. It is really funny and gives you the romantic excitement like never before. The story will give you a peek into life of a student athlete and student differences. It will also give you a glimpse of a realization about the importance of a family. A father-daughter love experience which is really touching and made me feel very emotional.

22. mibridina2001

mibridina2001 Member

You should try watching "Boys Over Flowers". It is a movie series. The main character is Lee Min Ho. I remembered watching it at 8PM December 31, 2016 and finished it at 8AM January 1, 2017. I just can't get enough of one episode. I fell in love not just by Go Jun Pyo, but also the rest of the F4. Must watch!!

23. yayanaz13

yayanaz13 New Member

My favourite all of the time:
    1.Weighlifting fairy kim bok joo
    2. School 2017
    3. Black

24. raffff

raffff New Member

I don't really have favorite when it comes to Kdrama but I can say that Encounter and Lawless Lawyer are good movies.

25. mbrnrd

mbrnrd Member

Light and romantic comedy:
    1. Weigtlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
    2. My ID is Gangnam Beauty
    3. It Started With A Kiss (Not Korean but it is gooood. Sequel: They kossed Agian. It has a korean bersion tho. The title is Playful Kiss)
    4. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

Other recommendation with diff genres:
    1. Memories of the Alhambra
    2. W -- Two Worlds
    3. Descendants of the Sun