Keeping up with Kardashians

Discussion in 'Television' started by poisongirl, Jun 14, 2017.

1. poisongirl

poisongirl New Member

I think most of us heard about Kim Kardashian and her family. I don't know for sure but I think that they earned millions of dollars with their reality show, ads and sponsor contracts.
    Kim became famous because of her adult video :oops:
    I saw that one of younger sisters, Kendall is a very famous model now, but people say that her mom bought her every single job. Other sister, Kylie, made into Forbes list of one of the richest young persons, she has clothing and make up line which is very successful.
    I am not sure what do other sisters do beside reality show but they surely aren't unknown to media.
    It looks like they have become younger generations role models.
    What do you guys think of them, do you like them or not? Do you watch the reality?

1 person likes this.
  2. XoxoDee

XoxoDee New Member

First off all let me start off by apologizing if I offend anyone who may be a fan of the Kardashians this is solely my opinion. I used to watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians because lets be honest they are a fascinating family and their antics can sometimes leave you speechless. But as I got older and seen that they were basically getting making millions if not billions for doing absolutely nothing my perception of them changed. As you stated they are becoming todays youths role models and to me I am not okay with young women thinking it's okay to flaunt their bodies or do nothing and be successful. I am no longer interested in keeping up with them and their publicity stunts.

1 person likes this.
  3. Step2727

Step2727 New Member

Don't watch it anymore, I'm just tired of seeing them do nothing and get paid. Living the glamour life while I struggle to make ends meet. when I flip the channel and see keeping up with the kardashins I roll my eyes and keep flipping.

4. mandla2018

mandla2018 New Member

I only admire the Kardashians because of their ability to leverage fame. They have turned an adult video into a Reality TV Show and then into a money making brand so kudos to Kris Jenner for that. Moreover, you cant deny the fact that they are extremely close and for them family comes first.

However they fact that they have have surgical procedures to enhance their bodies and gain public interest sends a negative message to girls as they now feel they need to have large assets and plump lips to be accepted and for that reason I have to say they are not good role models.

5. Black822

Black822 New Member

I am not really a fan of the Kardashians but I love watching them. Maybe because they are funny and hilarious at some point.

6. MTKiliulis

MTKiliulis New Member

I only find it interesting to watch them because they seem like aliens. They live in a completely different world than any of us because of their money and what they deem as problems.

7. Dorothy-5me5

Dorothy-5me5 Member

I am very concerned about young people finding them as role models especially Kim. The deceased father was a friend and famous laywer to OJ Simpson. The reason why I am concerned is because they do not seem to work hard for what they get, not in the same way as we should be teaching our children to do.

8. Mikoloco

Mikoloco New Member

I see no purpose in watching such a thing for a couple of reasons:

• Watching paint dry is quite a lot cheaper and more intellectualy stimulating than watching some trams prance around
    • I have more than 20 brain cells.
    • I have more IQ points than toes
    • I realize that time is limited
    I'm usually not one to judge but if anyone sees this in 2019, I don't even know what to tell you, frankly, re-think your life haha.