Korean Drama Recommendation

Discussion in 'Movies' started by pancitcanton, May 3, 2019.

1. pancitcanton

pancitcanton New Member

Looking for a new kdrama to watch? Seen a good kdrama and want to share? You've come to the right thread.

1 person likes this.
  2. Aii101

Aii101 New Member

Any good kdramas this 2019? The last korean dramas I watched and I highly recommend were "Fight for my way" and "Doctor Strangers". Those dramas have a good and interesting plot, also the actors and actresses were great at acting. "Fight for my way" is a romance comedy drama, while "Doctor Strangers" is a medical drama.

1 person likes this.
  3. pancitcanton

pancitcanton New Member

I enjoyed Fight for My Way too. I also loved Doctor Strangers. Nah, I just love all of LJS's drama.

Anyway, have you seen "A Poem a Day"? It's a good one if you want a chill and light drama.

4. Kirby2

Kirby2 New Member

1 person likes this.
  5. kateyashh

kateyashh New Member

On top of all the Kdrama's I have watched, I highly recommend Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo. Aside from being a romantic comedy series, they also gave a highlight about the priceless happiness of having a simple yet fulfilling life. Bok Joo herself showed how clumsy she can be but still showcased how a true daughter would give love to a hardworking father. I just love how the story goes. From being imperfect, making abrupt decisions to learning from her mistakes and making up to earn back her father's trust.

1 person likes this.
  6. mayimayi

mayimayi Member

"What's Wrong with Secretary Kim?" is the best KDrama ever! It's funny and romantic, the kind of love that you know that's possible. It's just light and has no extreme antagonist. This is something that will make you believe in love.

1 person likes this.
  7. ernestaaron

ernestaaron New Member

"My secret romance" is a good kdrama. It is a romatic-comedy drama which features two person who had a one night stand and after 3 years they met each other again

1 person likes this.
  8. jvhlxi

jvhlxi Member

Something in the rain and Hello my twenties on Netflix is so good

1 person likes this.
  9. Glydzelias

Glydzelias New Member

I recommend the kdrama "Legend of the Blue Sea." Both of the main casts are great in portraying their roles. This drama is an embodiment of the genre romance and comedy. The couple looks great together and it's so funny, it could make your mood lighter.

1 person likes this.
  10. gabzkie22

gabzkie22 New Member

I recommend Korean Odyssey for you, Korean Odyssey is take on an ancient folktale that doesn’t resonate with the original as such. Instead of bringing much anticipation that most carried, it makes huge efforts to focus on just the added romance aspect which brings utter disappointment. Not only that, the main purpose of the drama is made unclear as well. Huge lifesavers of the drama are definitely the side characters, as well as the evident character development with our leads.

1 person likes this.
  11. denver26

denver26 New Member

I recommend the kdrama "K2". Its an romance action kdrama. The characters there are so good. It gives me much thrilled when watching it. This K drama gives also a lesson to the watchers like me and some of the scene there is really happening in real life. I really recommend this kdrama so watch it #SPREADLOVE

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  12. pancitcanton

pancitcanton New Member

Gurl! We must be "Seoul-mates", I love your list.

13. pancitcanton

pancitcanton New Member

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo destroyed every expectations and drama stereotypes. Remember that car splashing scene? LOL

14. pancitcanton

pancitcanton New Member

Are those new? What genre are they? I'll definitely check them out.

15. pancitcanton

pancitcanton New Member

Definitely! The first few episodes had me laughing so hard it felt like I was about to develop abs from laughing. JJH humor does not disappoint.

16. rjdoroja

rjdoroja New Member

Baker King Kim Tak Gu- One of the most watched dramas in South Korea.

Coffee Prince -This drama is a standard because while it stays within the basic tropes, the quality of the drama, story and the acting is consistently good throughout.

Delightful Girl-The first Hong Sisters Drama, a modern re-imagining of a Korean folktale.

My Name is Kim Sam Soon -This drama is a standard because the heroine is quite relateable, has agency, and it has many of the basic k drama tropes.

Sandglass-This is an older drama and I have not watched it but I include it on the list because of it’s reputation and is considered one of THE classics.

17. janeluuuh

janeluuuh New Member

Watch Scarlet Heart Ryeo, it is worth to watch. Though prepare your heart because it will break it, TRUST me.

18. Emryslove

Emryslove New Member

Legend of the Sea, etc

19. glamgawdess

glamgawdess New Member

I would recommend 'Encounter'..Its a story about an ordinary and very lively young man who falls in love with the CEO of a hotel chain(where he was later employed)..She already has a complicated life and is already used to being in the news for everything she does and she worries about this ordinary man she is falling in love with getting hurt because of her status...but in the end she realizes how bright her life has been with him in it and she lets love win.
    boyfriend.jpg

20. fajaybar

fajaybar New Member

I only watch Korean Dramas and sometimes of my own country cheesy dramas. When watching K-Dramas I of course need to read subtitles since I don’t understand Korean. At first it’s a bit hard to read and keep track of the picture moving especially when they talk fast. But, by time you’ll manage to read and watch what’s going on in the picture as well.

In all, I would like to say that Korean Dramas have different plots form those that I have watched in American and British. In a way their plots are very unique and original in my perspective. Now I am a person who watches a lot of series and I haven’t come to a drama which is similar to and American/British series that I have watched.

So, personally I think that Korean Dramas are unique and there are also dramas which make use of their traditional clothes which are very entertaining to watch. Anyhow I find their Dramas different and they’re really good to watch.

21. jaepeels

jaepeels New Member

First of all, I really love watching Korean dramas, so I was a bit happy when I saw this thread. I would definitely recommend watching Let's Fight Ghost, Descendants of the Sun, Doctor Crush, My First First Love, and Abyss (but it's pretty recent, so there are only 6 episodes up on Netflix).

22. clairebalubal

clairebalubal Member

I am a fan of Korean dramas not only because the actors are handsome and pretty but because they are good in acting. K drama that I would recommend are the following;
    1. Descendance of the Sun
    2. Princess Hour
    3. The Heir
    4. Weight Lifting Fairy
    5. She was Pretty
    6. Goblin.
    These k dramas are my favorites!

23. Janner29

Janner29 New Member

Well, I can name a ton of Kdrama's that perhaps you have seen already, but their 1 Kdrama's that I would recommend since this is my number one favorite. The name of Kdrama is " I am not a Robot". You'll surely love this.

24. mrezaba

mrezaba Member

Here you go :

1. I’m not a robot
    2. The 1st shop of coffee prince
    3. Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo
    4. Reply 1997
    5. Full house

25. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

i recommend the korean dramas these are very good and very beautiful people alos and i also see it with my family

26. Chubalina

Chubalina New Member

Oh there are so many Korean Dramas I could recommend, depending on the genre. But one that I enjoyed a lot was "Kill me, Heal me". Another one I really enjoyed was "Goblin". The story of Goblin is beautiful, so I would recommend that a lot.

27. ItsMazohra

ItsMazohra Member

There are so many Korean Dramas that I watch.
    But i recommend new korean dramas.
    1: Hotel De Luna
    2: Angels Last Mission
    3: Legend of the Blue sea
    4: The Heirs
    5: City hunter

28. mimi93aly

mimi93aly New Member

When you want a Romantic Comedy series you need to watch the Strong Woman Do Bong Soo. The Series will make you laugh so hard. And it will teach you so many lessons. On how to value your Family more and how to value yourself more than anything. I hope that if you have time to watch a Kdrama you must watch Strong Woman Do Bong Soo.

29. Zirizir

Zirizir New Member

'Jang Bori Is here'. That drama had me cry.

30. SaimaElas

SaimaElas Member

Scarlet Heart.
    Its okay, that love.
    Hwarang
    Cheese in the trap
    Radio romance