Laptop or cellphones?

Discussion in 'Cell Phones & Tablets' started by katemacam23, Apr 26, 2019.

1. cfulton33

cfulton33 New Member

Once I graduated from college, I have barely touched my personal laptop and solely use my cellphone. However, for work I prefer using my laptop for emails rather than a cell phone. It is funny how little they are used by many I know now that there are cellphones and tablets.

2. donald78

donald78 Member

Basically, cellphones have less storage capacity than a laptop computer, and their components cannot be modified. Laptop computers can run more powerful software than smartphones due to their size and components. They are both electronically powered devices, though cellphones require a charge internal battery while the laptop remains plugged into a wall outlet during use, similar to a cellphone. However, a laptop can be charged and used on battery power. A laptop emits much lower electromagnetic field energy than a mobile phone. In short, cellphones and laptops are different beasts entirely as far as radiation goes.

3. jjmontero

jjmontero Member

Cellphones are handy but I prefer more the Laptop

4. StephWhis

StephWhis Member

It depends on what I'm doing. If I want to sit down and type something out, then probably a laptop. If I'm scheduling stuff on my calendar, then phone. If I'm watching Netflix or YouTube for a prolonged period of time, laptop. If I'm just watching for a little bit, or even want to listen to some music, then it'll be a phone. As I said, it just depends. Both devices are great and have their own features that make them superior for certain tasks. If I had to definitively pick one, I'd probably pick a laptop. The reason being is that it's so much easier to find a cheap laptop that works well than a cheap phone. At least that's my opinion. I'm sure some people would argue with me on that, but that's been my experience.