Letter or Chocolate?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by gabgab1218, Dec 25, 2018.

1. gabgab1218

gabgab1218 Member

For me, letter because I can keep them and I can read them whenever I want to reminiscence good days.

2. angelquintal

angelquintal New Member

I will always choose Letters over Chocolates. We can always keep letters in our life and read it all over again when we want to. Letters really touches our heart more than chocolates. I will really feel the love by reading the letter from my loved ones. It contains the feelings and emotions of the writer.

3. Scyllune

Scyllune New Member

I'd choose the letters over chocolates. While I do have a sweet tooth, chocolate can go bad and honestly, last for short amounts of time. The letters, though, can be read again. They might remind us of a time that holds significance for us, or maybe, they'll be reminders for us to be on guard. Not all letters have fond memories attached to them. But they can be warnings just as well.

4. Cio

Cio New Member

I do much prefer chocolates because
    Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health.

Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, it is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet.

Studies show that dark chocolate (not the sugary crap) can improve your health and lower the risk of heart disease.

5. silverwords

silverwords New Member

I appreciate letters so much especially the handwritten ones. Letters make me feel special and loved and I appreciate someone who can take time to write words for me. It is never easy to write something and express yourself through writing.

6. CupcakeMish

CupcakeMish New Member

Handwritten letters are so rare nowadays... Receiving one would be such a beautiful and special gift! I'm a hopeless romantic so if someone took an effort to write a love letter for me, I'd be thrilled.

Chocolate is also a lovely gift, but I don't particularly like sweets. Also, it sounds a bit... lazy, in my opinion. You just buy a box of chocolates and bam! The gift is ready. It's extremely effortless.
    Writing a letter actually takes some of your time – you need to find the best words to describe your feelings, give a thought to what you want to express... Such a wonderful thing to do for someone!

(I know that there's also a possibility of getting a custom chocolate bar. I once did it for my mum and my sister – I found a place that engraved their names on bars of chocolate. In this case, I wouldn't mind a piece!)

7. kazthered

kazthered New Member

A letter is much more thoughtful but chocolates are delicious. Perhaps depends on the person... I will always appreciate chocolate but a handwritten letter from a loved one? That will tug at my heartstrings for days!

8. Lawy

Lawy New Member

Chocolate. And specifically fruit chocolate

9. krstnshelley

krstnshelley New Member

Letters are like memories; always meant to be kept and cherished. They are like souvenirs from people we love. Letters make me feel special and the effort that a guy puts into it, always counts. I prefer letters over chocolates because chocolates only last for a certain amount of time and it's harder to remember it because unlike letters, chocolates aren't meant to last. Letters serve as a concrete evidence of one's feelings and effort.

10. Remziel

Remziel Member

I prefer to choose letters. It's very appreciating to receive letters nowadays. And also you can keep them.

11. amaeganda

amaeganda New Member

I will choose letter, because receiving a letter from someone makes me feel special.
    The effort of getting a paper and write something for me is really thoughtful. Makes me feel like you care for me.
    A chocolate from someone is special too but I'll forget it after I eat it. A letter is something I can keep and I will never forget.

12. loisuy43

loisuy43 New Member

I will choose both. I like letters because I can express my feelings to the one I love through it. I can't do it with chocolates. I will buy a stationery that really smells good. I like to write on that paper using my own handwriting.

What I can't say on person, I can do it in the love letter. I am a shy person. I may forget the words that I will have to say in front of the person because of nervousness. Through, the love letters I can boldly tell my heart. I can share without hesitation what I have to share.

I also love chocolates. They taste very sweet. Giving of chocolates is a gesture of sweetness. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Chocolates according to research is a better medicine to coughing. Chocolates has health and heart benefits.

13. erikz008

erikz008 New Member

Definitely letter. Now that shooting e-mails and posting something on Facebook or Instagram just takes a few minutes of our time, receiving a hand-written well thought out letter makes me a little bit gooey on the inside. Nothing beats a good old fashion letter complete with an envelope knowing that the person who gives it to you really pours out his/her emotion towards that letter. Now, if you include a chocolate inside, all the better. :)

14. DJigg

DJigg New Member

Seeing as how I've lost so many sentimental things in life, I'd rather have chocolate.

15. tianzon89

tianzon89 New Member

I'd always choose letters over chocolates. Letters have the feelings of the writer in it and will always makes me feel happy to receive one. It gives you the feeling that the person wrote this to you because you are special for him/her.

16. xshayx

xshayx New Member

I'd rather chocolate. Nowadays, it is easy to send a message. Either a text message or a chat. That doesn't matter. Why bother to give letters when you can send a message with just some tweaks. It doesn't matter what type of medium you use to send your 'love' as long as it is sincere. Well...anyways I prefer chocolate than letters. Thats it. :)

17. krcl27

krcl27 New Member

Letters for me. I like to receive things that will last a long time. Chocolates can be bought anywhere and just give it as a gift but handwritten letters were given effort. The sincerity of the one who wrote the letter will always be felt and it will be amazing that after a few years... we can still read those letters and remind us the feeling when we first read the letter.
    Even a short message will always be appreciated.

18. RemAquarius

RemAquarius New Member

I am an old-fashioned type of person, so I'd go for letter. Not only because I appreciate the effort of constructing the thoughts into words, it is also because, letters are the most thoughtful ways to express your emotions and intentions. I do appreciate those who still send hand written letters to this day.

19. sungoddess88

sungoddess88 New Member

I choose letters. Especially hand written letters, though not a lot of people do it anymore. I think it is the most personal and romantic way of addressing someone, either your family, friend or lover. Just imagining from a long distance that someone took some time, to hold a pen and think out loud while writing sincerely to someone is just absolutely amazing and sweet. It makes it more personal, when you actually mail it. Just like the old days.

20. gev1989

gev1989 New Member

I choose a letter because it is not always possible to get a letter, but you can eat chocolate everywhere. It does not matter what country you live in. You can eat chocolate, but we can not always receive letters from our relatives.

21. Tunaturkeydog

Tunaturkeydog Member

As sweet as chocolate may seem but it won't bring a lasting impression as a letter does. Not only thoughts and words are delivered but also the intent and effort brings an indelible appeal.

22. mariaj

mariaj New Member

L E T T E R S . It's sweet if you will receive a hand written letter. You will know from his letter of what he trully feels.
    It's more romantic for me because that person give an extra time in preparing/ writing that letter.

23. Letters, I can treat myself a chocolate but the efforts count.

24. awesome27

awesome27 New Member

I'd rather choose LETTERS. I am a kind of girl that really love to receive a letter, specifically a love letter from someone who appreciates me. I also love to write letters to someone I love. I want them to know how I truly feel. I exerted some effort for them to feel how I am grateful, and how important they are to me. I am not a "showy" person. I can only tell my feelings through writing letters.

25. gobbledygook

gobbledygook Member

Letters, of course. Chocolates, you get to eat them only once but letters, you can read them over and over again. I am sentimental when it comes to letters; I always keep every letters I get and keep them all in a box. I still have the letters I received more than a decade ago. It's fun whenever I take a trip down the memory lane. Reminiscing old memories can be a lot of fun, I tell you.

26. Michael07

Michael07 Member

As u guy, I prefer letter over chocolate. For me, chocolate only signifies my sweetness towards a girl but through a simple letter, I can express my real feelings and intention towards a girl that no chocolates could ever provide. I can express my gratitude, kindness, and love for a person. I also overcome my shyness through letters. Before, I am having trouble telling my feelings personally towards someone because I am really shy and I'm unable to say a word. With the help of letters, I find a way to relay my true feelings for a girl. I am really thankful because we have this kind of way of expressing what we really feel.

27. It's always gonna be LETTERS. For me, there is just something so personal to a letter that makes your insides feel warm. In this world where everything is instant and automatic-- it is nice knowing that some people still go out on their way and take some time to write about their feelings and pondered thoughts. That sweetness never gets old.

28. Paxton

Paxton New Member

Lettres have more value, especially in these days, when writing letters for our loved ones become something rare, its nice to show that you did some effort for your love, buying a chocolate to someone is not something that shows your carrying too much, not as much as writing a letter can do. I dont appreciate only letters, but anything that shows how much efforts did that person to show you his appreciation and his love.

29. snesz08

snesz08 Member

For me letter. it is one of remembrance to the person you love. you can keep and read it many times. you will feel the sincerity and emotion of the writer. you will see the effort of someone who always give letter to you. I appreciate this kind of effort to show their love and care.

30. Twinklebisnar

Twinklebisnar Member

I prefer letter over chocolate. Chocolate will only last for about an hour but letter will last forever. It is a way to show you love to someone. It is sincere and sweet. You can read it all over again and again and still feel the feelings you've feel when you first read it. It is also showing an effort and it will proved that you really love that person you are writting for because not all of us have the patient to write a letter especially nowadays that technology is a trend.