Linux, Windows, Mac. Which operating do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by yuelepsilon, Jun 3, 2019.

?

Preferred operating system

1. Windows

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Mac

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Linux

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. yuelepsilon

yuelepsilon New Member

Between linux's simplicity, Windows diversity, and the beautful interface of Mac OS. which do you prefer?

Personally I've been using windows for the longest time I could remember due to how easy it is to find a specific software for different needs. I did use Linux but the operating system as a server on my past job but that is for work and haven't seen or did any other stuffs that you usually do with your personal computer.

How about everyone's experience on operating systems?

2. dindodc8888

dindodc8888 New Member

For me, macOS is just much more pleasant. Everything works together. Visuals are pleasant. No 3rd party junk. I don't have embedded ads from Apple hidden throughout the OS. Everything runs smoothly. I enjoy using my Mac.

Slasher likes this.
  3. kumarsunil123

kumarsunil123 Member

I prefer Windows because Windows is a series of operating system develop by Microsoft. Each version of windows includes a graphical user interface with a desktop that allows users to view files and folders in windows.Windows has been the most widely used operating system for personal computers.

Slasher likes this.
  4. mohit26

mohit26 New Member

I use both Windows and Linux(Mint).For general day to day work like email/browsing I prefer windows because of the freedom it gives you over the machine.For development/professional work I prefer Linux(Mint or other versions) because it is open source with a very supportive online community.

Slasher likes this.
  5. srki93

srki93 Member

I enjoy Windows the most. But for business and programming, Linux is the best, and also there are not that much viruses for Linux like there are for Windows.

Slasher likes this.
  6. mghica035

mghica035 New Member

By preference, I will always use Linux, and by forced necessity, also use Windows quite often. But for the exact opposite reasons of what OP states, making me think their statements are quite striking.
    Linux is a very customizable system which allows you to dig extremely deep and have total and absolute control and interaction with all the parts of it. It has a modular nature, which makes it able to function beautifully even as you swap and reconnect programs in all creative ways possible - something you can't even dream about in Windows. So to call Linux simple and Windows diverse goes right into the territory of an oxymoron.

I use Linux exactly because I can work with it in depth and create all kinds of functions and customization that fit my workflow down to every detail, and Windows only because some specific software required for professional reasons is only available in it. And, as far as I know, considering the demographic of people that do explore more than one OS in their lives, the ones that stick to Windows do it for the same reason. Basically, for how it is a kind of safe port for big companies to only release their products for it - the opposite of diversity.

Slasher likes this.
  7. Slasher

Slasher New Member

I prefer window , because is very easy to use

8. yetyet

yetyet Member

I'm using windows right now so I'll g o for windows. Honestly ever since I encounter computer, window is always its operating system. I was already in college when I found out that there are other OS other than this. I wanted to try or even see other OS on actual computer but sad to say most of the people I know and most of the offices I've been are using windows. Well as what our teacher told us before windows is tho most common and user friendly OS so that is why most number of the population using computers are having windows as their OS. Hopefully one of these days I encounter the other OS.

9. Orochimagaara

Orochimagaara New Member

A piece of all. There allways something i like and i dislike in all SO's. But if we talk about security and velocity, no dought about linux :)

Actuly i'm using MAC in personal computer, WIN10 in work computer and Linux in my company servers.

10. Lasheen123

Lasheen123 Member

I think windows is the easiest and most common one to use.

11. mbrnrd

mbrnrd Member

Windows, since it is very common, it is very flexible than mac. I mean... computers are different to phones

12. LoggyDogDog

LoggyDogDog New Member

I use windows, but that is because i need to use programs that only work on windows. Wine isn't reliable enough to run windows only programs at the moment, so i'm kinda stuck with windows. I also have a lot of games that I play, and some of them are windows only. Window's is easier to use, but linux allows you more power than both Mac or Windows.

13. Aileen635

Aileen635 New Member

I use Linux. I first tried my hand with it when an old laptop barely functioned anymore under Windows. It's open source, therefore available to anyone. It's also secure because it's less vulnerable to viruses and malware. There's also a lot of distributions that provide different flavors for users to pick depending on their needs and preferences. Linux is also pretty stable and its performance rarely disappoints and if you need help, the community is great. Best of all: it's absolutely free.