Long Distance Relatioship

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shana05, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Shana05

Shana05 New Member

People in love is not measured by distance some people say. Some says that people who are apart from each other can't keep their love for each other.

As for me, it really depends upon the people involved. Each of us have different perspective in life, we have our own beliefs about things around us. For some people long distance relationship works, for some people it doesn't work.

For long distance relationship it doesn't need just love. You need to trust and believe your partner. Simply loving them might not be enough. Loving with trust is needed. Communication is also important. You need to know the whereabouts of your partner but you need to remember another thing, AVOID EXCESSIVE COMMUNICATION. Knowing the whereabouts of your partner is important but you need to give a little space to your partner, do not suffocate your partner. In this way you can avoid breakup.

2. Jaybyfour

Jaybyfour New Member

Depends on why you're apart. If it's something like work, then it's not up to you. If it's a decision that is, like a career, then someone needs to make a decision because out there, there's someone who'd drop their whole career to stay with someone, and there's someone who'd drag someone else along just to have it both ways.

3. Baby you are my life and I want to confess it today. I can’t really imagine my world without you. You give me hope, you are my passion and you are compassion. Every emotion that I feel in life starts from you and ends on you. If I get another birth in life, I would like to spend it along with you. You are the most special person in my life. Baby you are my world and I can’t live without you. Want to specially confess today that I still love you and my love for you is true. I love you!

4. Baby you are my life and I want to confess it today. I can’t really imagine my world without you. You give me hope, you are my passion and you are compassion. Every emotion that I feel in life starts from you and ends on you. If I get another birth in life, I would like to spend it along with you. You are the most special person in my life. Baby you are my world and I can’t live without you. Want to specially confess today that I still love you and my love for you is true. I love you!
    Sweetheart,
    No one bring so much happiness to my life as you. In your company, I find love that I have never known before. I can’t imagine what my life would be without you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
    You have given me so much love and encouragement that I don’t think I will be able to return all that to you. You have been lighting up the dark and bringing joy to my heart. When I am with you I feel alive and strong.
    I am truly blessed to have you as a part of my life and I cannot wait for the day when we start a new life. When I say ‘I love you’, I mean every word of it.
    ours,**
    Beloved,
    The moment that I first saw you, you were standing in the middle of the crowd, laughing and talking to a friend. There was something about you, maybe it was in the way you laughed or the way your eyes lit up, and I knew that there was this undeniable attraction that I felt for you. I was shy, nervous and I hesitated just a little bit when I asked you to dance with me. We were strangers and, when you said yes, I swear my heart skipped a beat. Ever since that night, I have known that we were destined to be together and not a day goes by when your love does not prove me right. I love you, much more that you can imagine, and I just want you to stay mine forever.
    Baby, I wish I could be there to help you relax. I wish I could take away all the tiredness you feel and replace it with joy and happiness. I wish I could help soothe your mind. But in the meantime, while we’re not in each other’s presence, I hope this letter is enough to lift your spirits. Always remember that I’m thinking of you every moment of the day. And if only thinking about you could help you feel energized and awake, I’m sure you’ll never feel tired again!
    I hate it when we have to be apart. It’s the most unnatural thing. When we first met, I knew that I had found my soulmate, and yet here we are being kept apart by circumstances. But I just want to look at the bright side of this. When this is over and we can be together again, we can say that this made our relationship stronger. We can say that even distance is no match for the love between us. We can tell everyone that we’re stronger than those few miles between us.
    But as reassuring as that may be, we still need to face the fact that we’ll be apart for a while. I miss being with you and being around and kissing you. I’ll miss the sound of your laugh, and the way your head tilts back when you can’t hold back. I’ll miss holding your hand as we sit around and do nothing.
    I’ll miss it all, but that just makes me look forward even more to the day that I get to see you again in person. So until then, here’s a letter to get you by. I love you and I’ll see you soon.
    My Love,
    There are a thousand ways to say I love you around the world, but only one way to prove it and that is by actions. You have proved that you love me unconditionally time and again. You were that one person who was by my side when all the world was against me. I have known ever since that day that you were the one for me. I try to love you and take care of you as much and as well as I can. I hope you know that I have the best intentions always, so forgive me if I ever hurt you or caused you pain. I love you for now until forever and will never leave your side.
    Before I met you I was unaware of the feeling of love. Unaware of the chills you give me when you touch me. Unaware of the passion that I see in your eyes. Unaware of the beat of my heart! Unaware of that close feeling with you. But, now I know that what is love, and that is because of you. Love is a feeling that I cannot really explain, well I know that it is because of you that I feel so in love. This is the first time for me and will be my last love. My feelings are so pure and so true; my heart beats only for you. Baby I am truly in love with you. It is only you!
    My Love,
    I can remember the day we met like it was yesterday. We were at that party. I was having a drink and talking with a few friends when I randomly looked around the room. My eyes stopped on you, and my heart felt a rush. You happened to look over at the same moment and smiled at me. The minute I saw your smile, I knew I had to get to know you.
    I went back to talking to my friends and trying not to let my excitement show, but my heart was beating so hard I found it difficult to hear the conversation. One of my friends asked me if I was all right because my face looked flushed. I turned my head, so you couldn’t read my lips, and I told her, “I think I just fell in love with that gorgeous redhead over by the window.” Of course, she had to take a look, and I grabbed her by the hand and dragged her to the kitchen with me because it was so obvious I was talking about you.
    Before I met you I was unaware of the feeling of love. Unaware of the chills you give me when you touch me. Unaware of the passion that I see in your eyes. Unaware of the beat of my heart! Unaware of that close feeling with you. But, now I know that what is love, and that is because of you. Love is a feeling that I cannot really explain, well I know that it is because of you that I feel so in love. This is the first time for me and will be my last love. My feelings are so pure and so true; my heart beats only for you. Baby I am truly in love with you. It is only you!
    My Love,
    I can remember the day we met like it was yesterday. We were at that party. I was having a drink and talking with a few friends when I randomly looked around the room. My eyes stopped on you, and my heart felt a rush. You happened to look over at the same moment and smiled at me. The minute I saw your smile, I knew I had to get to know you.
    I went back to talking to my friends and trying not to let my excitement show, but my heart was beating so hard I found it difficult to hear the conversation. One of my friends asked me if I was all right because my face looked flushed. I turned my head, so you couldn’t read my lips, and I told her, “I think I just fell in love with that gorgeous redhead over by the window.” Of course, she had to take a look, and I grabbed her by the hand and dragged her to the kitchen with me because it was so obvious I was talking about you.You walked into the kitchen a couple minutes later to add some ice to your glass, and there I was wishing I could think of something witty to say. When it became obvious I was completely at a loss for words, you broke the ice by saying hi and flashing another one of those brilliant smiles. I managed to say hi back to you, and that was the beginning of a lovely conversation that has been going on for a little over a year now. To think, it all started with your smile.As I woke up this morning, the sunlight was rushing through the room and it lit up every dark corner that there was. There was this feeling of inexplicable joy in my heart and I knew it at that moment that I needed to tell you just how much I love you. Forgive me, for I am not a writer, and may not know the best way and the best words to use. All I do know is that I love you and that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You have given me so much joy and unconditional love that I am quite sure that I am the luckiest man alive on the face of this earth. So, all I ask of you is to continue loving me and I promise you that I shall do everything in my power to take care of you and love you till the end of time.

1 person likes this.
  5. tatz1120

tatz1120 Member

Long Distance Relationship, This is one of the reasons why we broke up. I don't know if it is my fault or his fault, maybe it's my fault. I can't blame him for leaving me. I can't blame him for choosing her and leaving me. But why is it easy for you to leave me and forget everything that we have for 4years. The saddest part was realizing we could have made it work. If you were truly in love with me, you would have fought for me. But you didn't and that just means I loved you more than you loved me.

6. AbarquezSofia

AbarquezSofia Member

Distance give us a reason to love harder. Well Im currently in Long distance relationship its really hard but we need to be strong for our relationship and we don't want to ruin our relationship that's why we build more trust and respect of each other. We believe if we can't be together right now we know that when the right time comes if we are destined for each other then we will be together somehow at some time in life.

7. Ddu-du Ddu-du

Ddu-du Ddu-du New Member

Relationships have been around since the beginning of mankind. There are many goals in life that people pursue and having a soul mate is one of them. One type of relationship that is practiced most among teenagers is long distance relationships. Due to the fact that so many teenagers fall in love so quickly and are immature, they will not let go of partners even though they may have to separate. Many people find it difficult to stay in one relationship for a very long time yet alone a long distance relationship. Long distance relationships in my view are the hardest to keep intact than any other types of relationships.Long distance relationships have been known to be the hardest to overcome and there are many reasons why. When a couple splits apart, the very first thing that each of them thinks about is trust. Can they trust their mate to stay faithful? How would they even know if they are not being cheated on? Trust is a primary key to a relationship and if both parties do not trust each other, then the relationship will go nowhere but down hill. Furthermore, when both individuals of the relationship get lonely, they may feel that they need the other one.

8. dynzrhoss

dynzrhoss New Member

I am in a long distance relationship. My husband is a seafarer. It is really hard and frustating sometimes, but it also measures how great is your love for each other. Distance should never be a reason for you to go your separate ways, instead make it a reason to love even harder. -

Cheers for those who conquered long distance relationships!!

9. HoneyPretty

HoneyPretty New Member

I have been in a long distance relationship for eight years. My partner is actually my first boyfriend. Being in that kind of relationship, for me, is a risk. One must be brave and strong enough to be able to make it [relationship] work. It's like a game that has unlimited chances and it's endless not unless of course one gives up. The problems are considered as the levels you need to pass in order to move forward. It can be stressful, painful and doubtful.
    There is really no such thing as a secret ingredient to make it work, you just need to trust and have faith to your relationship. But being one of a risk taker of entering in this kind of relationship, and being a woman, I want to share my best tip to other girls out there if you really want to keep this kind of relationship. First, don't get too attach. Love but always left even a teeny tiny bit of it for yourself. Second, never act like your whole life depends on your partner. Be a sophisticated independent woman so no one will underestimate you most especially your partner. And lastly, forgive and learn to lower your pride if necessary. We, girls are often times right and no one has to argue with that, but to make your relationship work, we should act like a boss but apologize when we did something wrong. Ego is one of the root cause of a failed relationship.

10. mcarvs69

mcarvs69 New Member

The Most Important of LDR or Long Distance Relationship is Trust..

11. Mardiemason

Mardiemason New Member

Being involved in a long distance relationship is not for those who are weak. It requires a lot of trust and effort to help the relationship grow and stronger than ever. Miles might separate two hearts but the power of love and commitment will not be affected by the distance in between. LDR is something that must be treasured and protected from any thing that might interfere in the exclusive relationship. I am committed in a long distance relationship and I admit that it isnt just a piece of cake. It really test my patience and trust to my beloved husband. I know deep in my heart that there will comes a day that we will see each other again and we will be inseparable. I believe that true love can wait.

12. Mad2die

Mad2die New Member

I agree with Jaybyfour. If there was someone who I loved and who I knew loved me, there would be nothing that would keep me apart from them. I can see a temporary distance in a relationship happening that cannot be controlled, but only temporary. If it had to be something long term, someone would have to make a choice to move closer to the other person or I would have to say that the relationship wasn't based in real love.

13. khanhtran123

khanhtran123 Member

Feel really sorry for you and hope you will get over it soon. He's just not the right person.

1 person likes this.
  14. DiamondAce

DiamondAce New Member

If a couple can last a long distance relationship with all the hurdles and cons that goes with it, then they are destined for eachother and with patience which I’m sure they can do, they will be together.

1 person likes this.
  15. tatz1120

tatz1120 Member

thanks @khanhtran123

16. pinkstetho

pinkstetho New Member

I have someone I've been talking to for about nine months, and he's in the army. He's going to leaving for Korea soon and I get really worried, but I feel that if we both stay as dedicated as we are currently, things will be fine. Of course, I'm human and I get insecure and wonder if he's going to find someone else but I'm sure he has the same thoughts. I think as long as communication is open with the other person, and communication with yourself on why you might let doubts creep in are both important. I think there needs to be a balance between visualizing the long-term picture of when you can be together again as well as taking everything day by day.

17. Sofia_19

Sofia_19 New Member

If you truly love someone you won't let anything get in the way. As long as the distance don't change your trust or love then you will be able to get through it. The distance is just numbers when your love is strong. As the saying goes" distance means so little when someone means so much." Everyone sees this a different way I see it as if you love this person the distance shouldn't matter because you will find a way to see and contact them. For instance I am currently saving $2000 to see my love. He lives 318 miles away but that downy stop us:)

18. josefina

josefina New Member

There is no doubt being separated too long is a very difficult situation, love really need much attention, when another person is closer than one real results is the separation, it may be that this happened to you, but remember that your value as a human, not be depended on the approval of another person, I am always in favour of that to keep true love the proximity is the best, when you are long separated by distance it is very difficult to keep a relationship, so I think that it was not because of any or two if not for the circumstance too hard I wish you luck.

19. miss sunshine

miss sunshine New Member

I just came out of a long distance relationship. Initially I thought it was fine staying far away from each other and meeting once in a while, because we communicated consistently, I felt we had a strong connection, but that was my own feeling. He probably never felt that way. I have learnt my lessons and now have a very long yard stick for my next relationship.

20. jonniel123

jonniel123 Member

I don't want to have a long distance Relationship. In my experience I have a love one but she far away from me. We connecting with electronics divices like computer and mobile phone. Althought in the first three months of our relationship it's happy, joyfull and awesome. But in next month our relationship like a turtle getting bad or worst because I want to beside her. Until I saw another girl that getting me interested and she beside me everytime I am sad and lonely. I broke my first girlfriend because I have another love.

21. Trvl420

Trvl420 New Member

I was in a long distance relationship before until he got into prison but before we ended our love was perfect until challenges hit us and one gave up.

I meet this guy online, he was a quite type of a person until we start talking and I fell in love with him. I'm from the Philippines and his from the United States of America.
    I thought it was so dumb being in love with someone online, a person you haven't meet in person but we tried it and it works and in lasted for a year and months. We decided we're gonna make this real and meet in person the problem was he got a past record and was not able to enter my country, the ugly part about it was the past record he had was just when he was young and got accused he told me he was young, he can't help himself and his family never really care, it broke my heart seeing him stuck in the airport. I still always remember that day and still breaks my heart. Ever since that day our relationship got really worst. I tried to go to America but I got denied. My heart hurts so bad and I blame myself for everything.

It's been 7 months and counting I haven't heard from him. I hope he knows I love him and I still hope it's me and him until the end.

22. Mary26

Mary26 New Member

Long distance relationship never measured how strong or how you love this person.It is important that you have trust and understanding to each other.Never assume things especially when you know that you can't give it to your partner.Always remember that being in a relationship is not about love it is also respect and loyalty.

23. jadeliz

jadeliz New Member

Wow! This topic really matches for me. Me and my husband started in a long distance relationship. Most of my friends discourages me that it won't work, but it did. We both try everything to keep our communication alive all the time and never keep our misunderstanding lasts so many days without even discussing or fixing it. It requires so many patience for you to have a successful Long Distance Relationship. The funny part in our LDR is that I first met his whole family in person than him, he is so very sad and envy because of it.

24. ana251908

ana251908 New Member

Ldr stands for long distance relationship. I had a long distance relationship with my x husband from march 2007 to april 2009. He went to Saudi Arabia to work for us and his baby Alyssa. It's kind a really hard and tough for me not to see my x husband for 2 years. We just spoke on the internet by using skype and text messaging. I give a shot that I always text him wherever I go out and whatever I am doing. I always check my e-mail too. Communication, trust, honest, respect, love and willing to wait for him to come back home.I gave that to him 100% because I do love my x husband that time. I need to sacrifice waiting for him and to do everything for him that our family will always be the first for him.

25. Momon16

Momon16 New Member

Had a long distance relationship for 2 years and thats not easy .We always fight because of lack of time and communication.Theres a saying that "distance means so little when someone means so much".Just be patience and have a trust with each other.Time will come that you will be reunited with the one you love.

26. kaikai

kaikai New Member

Long distance relationship is so hard. I've had enough of it. I don't know why I had it for so many times and I thought it would still work out even if I had it for more than three times. I realized that it's not easy at all especially if you're both a jelouse type and sometimes paranoid if you couldn't reach your partner for some reason you're like going to go crazy thinking about her and most especially if not enough trust. The biggest thing that you should have in a long distance relationship is trust and loyalty or else you'll just broke up. For clingy people it'll be the hardest cause' you can't touch, hug and kiss her you'll just crave for her so so much. For me long distance relationship is kinda lonely kind of relationship there are times that you'll still feel alone even if there's an internet. It's really different if she's physically present. Even married people broke up because of long distance realtionship.

27. loulee

loulee New Member

Being in a long distance relationship is a challenge for the both persons involved. There is a lot of adjustments and considerations that is needed to do. Ive been in a long distance relationship for almost 2 years and I must say it was not easy. Only trust and faith to God is the only weapon. Before i am hesitant that it will work to me and to my partner but i was wrong. We are still together now and so far so good. If you really love the person no matter far he/she is have faith and trust.

28. Domenik

Domenik New Member

Long distance relationships dont work. Its a nice idea that love always finds a way, but in reality its not real human interaction if you text and chat, or even phone every night. That doesnt really replace anything, and lovers need to be close to each other, just hold each others, feel the closeness of their beloved. They need to be able to just laugh together, kiss each other.

Distance kills the need. And then you just feel like you need to get it somewhere else.

Sure you can meet on the weekends, but still its more off time than on time, and then its not really a relationship if you ask me because the lifes are just to seperate.