Looking to get started

Discussion in 'Nonfiction Writing' started by loveandlight, Jun 3, 2017.

1. loveandlight

loveandlight New Member

I want to start a blog about how I'm surviving in today's political climate. Any tips on how to get people to visit my blog would be totally helpful! What are some keywords to use? Any free marketing strategies?

2. smresar

smresar New Member

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and would first like to say hello.

First and foremost you will be the writer. Your readers or viewers if you choose to go with video, will appreciate honest information and reporting. You are entering into the realm of creative non-fiction or literary journalism, another term you might think about is, investigated journalism. Articles that stick to the facts and leave out drama. An approach like this works well for shorter stories.

Longer stories, like the ones found in magazines, afford you the opportunity to explore character arc, and conflict, giving your reporting more detail on an individual (the central character) of the article.

Be sure to keep the non-fiction contract with your audience by telling the facts and not inventing detail. When you do state your opinion, be sure to tell your audience that it is an opinion piece or segment.

Last, people will love to know how the political climate has affected you. How has your life been altered due to it? Remember to keep journalism separate from opinion. You will gain respect and viewers.

Some SEO Keywords to use in your writing are Daily Politics, Current Events Politics, Today's Political Issues. Good luck.

Nice meeting you.

loveandlight likes this.
  3. Sweetdays

Sweetdays New Member

Also helpful would be to link out to other well-known sites and sharing your posts on social media. The most important thing, though, is to write compelling and engaging content that people will want to read. Also remember to include images in your posts as posts without images are less likely to be clicked on.

To make your content easy to read, use smaller paragraphs and headers. Write listicles as well!

4. danseur1985

danseur1985 New Member

@loveandlight I think that is an awesome idea! You can even turn your blog post into a book. I wish you much luck and success!!!

5. Morrice

Morrice New Member

You've got to have a plan before you get started on anything.

6. C.J.

C.J. New Member

I haven't started up my own blog before, but I have looked into starting up my own business online, ad although I'm not quite there yet, I found that one website was really helpful. It is called Wealthy Affiliate, and you can sign up for free. They give you tons of help and advice, and the whole process is generally very positive. I know that I sound like I am being paid to promote them, but I promise you I'm not, but honestly, it is well worth a look. It shows you how to get traffic to your website, as well as how to make a guaranteed living out of your particular interest, in your case a blog.
    Good luck with it, I hope it all goes well.

7. Johndaryl16

Johndaryl16 New Member

Looking back from the past experiences can eradicate difficulty on getting started. Thus, past experiences is our teacher that we should learned from its lesson.

8. edisut

edisut New Member

i am new here, in blog world and content writing i am new too. The most to do to start is where i will begin first? that is my problem. Anybody can help me?

9. waelmanz

waelmanz New Member

Write important content and allow other sites and blogs to reprint your posts provided that they add a link to your blog. Write relative comments in other popular blogs and add a link to your blog. Campaigns at Facebook are cheap and you will get many visitors to your blog. If what you write is important, the readers will be eager to read your posts.