Looks vs Personality?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Roslyn, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Roslyn

Roslyn New Member

It is definitely easier to want to be in a relationship with someone who is hot vs who is funny. So it's definitely easy to see how someone hot could get into many relationships, but making a relationship last requires personality.
    Looks are a surface feature that's something that everybody notices all the time, which is not something that you can sustain a relationship on. Personality is what draws people together. Things like common interest and the ability to make people laugh are what gets a relationship through the bad times and leads to good times.

2. kekeke

kekeke New Member

I agree with most of what is written except that "It is definitely easier to want to be in a relationship with someone who is hot vs who is funny." Well, I'm not saying you're wrong, but this probably depends on what kind of person you are. I would probably prefer personality before looks. Because if I only go for looks I will know that the person will probably leave me pretty fast if we don't have something in common. It would probably not be a long lasting relationship.

So to know that I like this persons personality would probably make it into a long lasting relationship assuming that the other person likes my personality also.

I totally agree with this. This should be what you should have to sustain a long lasting relationship.
    "Things like common interest and the ability to make people laugh are what gets a relationship through the bad times and leads to good times."

3. Roslyn

Roslyn New Member

[​IMG]
    It is definitely easier to want to be in a relationship with someone who is hot vs who is funny. So it's definitely easy to see how someone hot could get into many relationships, but making a relationship last requires personality.

The point here is, it is easier to fall in love with the looks than the personality but short term relationship. By falling in love with the personality attracts not only eyes but also your heart that eventually will jump into happy, long-lasting relationship.

LOVE LOTS

4. saimanipol

saimanipol New Member

I think I'd definitely go with the person who has a great personality than the one who's only good-looking. Good looks can be deceiving and yes, it's easy to fall for someone who's pretty or handsome but good looks fade. We will all get old and as we get older, we will realize that the better the personality of our partners, the longer our relationships will last. I think relationships are not about getting the prettiest partner. That's just a part of it but we should look for someone with whom we can see the whole.

5. batching

batching New Member

ako looks muna una bago lahat di ko naman lalapitan yan kung mukang masamang nilalalng yan pag mabait go ! pag masama ugali leave!!

6. regz76

regz76 New Member

This really depends on the person who's looking for a mate but I think the first thing that gets you attracted to a person is their looks and them having a great personality is a big bonus. I think younger people prefer looks than personality because of their of lack experience but once you mature, then personality becomes your priority.

7. jhonuarin03

jhonuarin03 Member

If I could choose both I’d say both.
    But if I could only choose one, I would say personality.
    According to my opinion, personality is what makes a an individual soul, while looks is made up of a person’s genes of their mom and dad. Looks can’t really tell you much of anything except for what they might look like when they are older (looking at their parents). On the other hand, someone’s personality is not always made up on their own, but also nurtured by their parents. What their parents’ attitude is on things, how they teach their child, etc. will all stick to their child and affect them in many ways. For example, the negative parts of someone’s personality can tell you a lot about their parents (usually, their parents exhibit the same or similar negative behaviors). In most cases, most children will end up or be very similar to their parents. Deviating from their parents, their personality can also tell you how they view life, what their purpose is in doing things, etc.
    Simply, someone’s personality can tell you a lot about themselves, the way they do things, the way they think about certain things, their family, etc. than their looks. Their looks may tell you that they’ve got good healthy genes or look like their pretty looking parents, but that’s about it. There’s really not much to the looks that you can find out about an individual.

8. vintorez21

vintorez21 New Member

looks is important because many people judges you based on your appearance,giving you an advance conclusion eventhough they dont know you,
    but PERSONALITY is MORE IMPORTANT,
    because for me personality can change someones looks..
    personality rules everytime.
    your personality mirrors how you look like.
    looks are just looks, but personality is everything.
    personality mirrors your soul and how you are being raised by your parents,how you are being taught,and what you learned. it is all in there.. your personality is you! and your looks are just your outer appearance as a creature.

9. anjie2288

anjie2288 Member

Looks or personality ill go for personality with looks..Because like what they said looks can be deceiving.. Personality is the same as your characteristics and whtaever inside your soul can be your personality. Yo have the looks but you dont have personality you just nothing..

10. jep034

jep034 New Member

I think there have been some really good points in this thread!

For me personally looks fade and like a few people have said looks can be deceiving. I would rather be with someone who had a good personality who I can enjoy spending time with and can make me laugh

11. pepermint25

pepermint25 New Member

I still go for personality , having a person that you enjoy talking with is a pure bliss.

12. Cecile1999

Cecile1999 New Member

Personality why? you'll never enjoy talking with someone who just got looks. Most people now a days are wiser, they can't be deceived by the beauty outside, they look at the inner beauty of someone. Also, looks will change as the time passes by but a good personality will always remains at the very end of life.

13. G.K

G.K New Member

Looks matter for a few hours.
    Common interests for a few weeks
    Matching personalities for a few months
    Shared values for years!

So, yeah looks matter, because they represent the biological part of attraction. But it's obvious that you need the rest to make a relationship work.

1 person likes this.
  14. physicistmj

physicistmj New Member

It's easy to say that personality matters most. Although this might be a fact, a lot of us (myself included) gets excited every time we see an attractive person. This is attraction, which is perfectly normal. However, I sincerely believe that looks alone will not make a person fall in love but attitude and personality and most of all, values.

15. deadko88

deadko88 New Member

Simply, someone's personalities can tell you a lot about themselves, the way they do things, the way they think about certain things, their family, etc. than their looks. Their looks may tell you that they've got good healthy genes or look like their pretty looking parents, but that's about it.

16. Yhetskie25

Yhetskie25 New Member

If I were to choose between looks or personality, i probably be choosing personality, for me it is very important that I am surrounded by good and well mannered people. Looks can actually be good when you make yourself looks good by applying any remedies to makes you look good, cosmetics and surgeries are there to help you looks good or a genes that you give you good looks, but a personality is very important because it can be enhanced by the times passed by, it can be honed to a person, it can be developed by the people around you, it can be in our own personality, it is who we are, even if you gets older if you have a good personality and you can also be beautiful in your own personality, the way you think of yourself can also reflect to you and other people can see the same way. :)

17. itosanity

itosanity New Member

In the choices given, I will be choosing 'personality'. Looks can be deceiving and looks fades as time pass by. I strongly agree to the qoute that I've read, "Beauty catches the eye but character catches the heart." But if given the chance to choose realisticallly, I will choose someone who has both looks and pleasing personality.

18. Rjhane18

Rjhane18 New Member

PERSONALITY you cannot buy it. No one in this world can imitate you. But LOOKS now you cannot identify it, if it's real or not. In this world people will judge you yes but in a long run people will love you the way you are. LOOKS fade away personality stay the real one chose the best it's personality because in the end of the day you cannot choose the REAL to FAKE.

19. JRay03

JRay03 New Member

I prefer to personality than looks because having a good look is easy nowadays but having a good personality is important like for example if your girlfriend have a good look but treat you like a trash, so even you will think if she is worth to keep than having a simple looking girlfriend that will treat you a right.

20. spanner7

spanner7 New Member

Honestly speaking, looks always the priority on people want to know somebody. I think, its now natural to the people to give criticism, comments and judge others based on the looks. Sometimes good looks don't really described the person is. On the other hand, personality defines what you are, how good or bad you are, how you treat others. Our personality is affected by our environment, family and society. It's a bonus if you have good looks and have a good personality but not everyone both. We just have to be contented what we are and accept the learning and experience that can improved our personality.

21. jerahmeeltayag

jerahmeeltayag New Member

I personally prefer personality rather than looks. Because we all have our own preferences on looks, sometimes this person is good looking to person A but is not good looking in the eyes of person B. Why did I compare two people? Because we may admit it or not, we want good looking people in our relationship because we feel like we have the upper hand on society because a good looking person goes out with us. If that is your mentality then that is not so promising. Personality on the other hand is overall great for everyone. When someone displays right ethics and values they are generally considered as nice people. Having a nice person in your life, even though they might not have the looks, eventually have greater appeal. Their kindness makes them good looking in front of your eyes. On the other hand, good looking people who displays unethical behaviors tend to have a diminishing amount of appeal over all.

22. ewapc101

ewapc101 Member

The fact is, no matter how shallow it sounds, physical attraction is important in a relationship. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't date someone unless they're a male model… ... If a guy doesn't look exactly how you want him to but his personality is amazing, you're going to find him attractive no matter what.

23. ewapc101

ewapc101 Member

[​IMG]

I know this is like a very controversial and highly debatable topic to talk about and that there is no definite answer to this because love is something that is highly abstract and cannot be quantified not covered in just one article. Love is one of the most profound yet simple topics to cover. But I will try my best to be as objective as possible.