Love or Money?

Discussion in 'Books' started by phempia, Oct 5, 2017.

1. AnLev

AnLev New Member

I remember when I was a child someone told me this: "You should only marry someone you love, but you should love only a rich man". I remember this to this day even though it has been at least 30 years. Well, despite everything, it is better to love. But love will not hold without a little money. There's nothing to do, that's the truth.

2. bienn05

bienn05 Member

I think love is more important than money. Love can lead you too money. For example, if you love your work, you can definitely excel in it and earn more money from it without realizing that you are earning because you love your work. Love can be the motivation to be richer. Love can lead you to the way of success but money cannot. Money cannot but happiness but love can lead you to happiness.

Love is more important because we are created by God with love not by money

3. Marycris

Marycris New Member

I choose love,When love is present, it is easier to get towards your financial goal. You walk through a positive path rather than walking in a path of injustices. When a heart has no love to soul, when a person is not human, cannot understand the meaning of existence. If a person doesn't understand the meaning of existence can be a harm to himself/herself and others because there is lack of compassion, integrity, respect, that only love brings. Money is not the problem, but the person who puts money as a priority when it should be one of the priorities but not the first one.

4. web

web New Member

I hate to compare love with money because one is emotion and the other is material. If someone asked me "which is more important, love or loyalty", or "love or honesty"; some other character or emotional trait then it would be fair comparison.
    Love is important for emotional and personal development. Love of oneself, love of your family, love of your spouse, being in love....all that emotional stuff which makes you feel complete.
    Money in important for survival in this modern day world. The amount you have, earn or spend will determine how important it is to you.
    Money is not important for happiness.
    Love is not important for happiness.
    Happiness is a choice you make whether you have love or money. Happiness stems from that place where you feel peace of mind, mental balance and contentment. This should depend on you and NOT whether or not you have either love or money.
    Choosing your life partner should depend on what you want for your future. Are you seeking emotional security, financial security or both?
    There is nothing wrong with choosing to love someone rich, nor is there anything wrong with choosing someone poor just for love.
    If money is important to you then choosing someone for love alone may be a wrong choice.

5. dia791

dia791 New Member

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

6. Meget22

Meget22 New Member

I choose Love over Money, Why? Its because I believe in the saying that "love conquers all" if there's a love, people live peacefully and happy, for example my family, yes we are not rich, we have not enough money, but we love each other, we are happy.

7. menggay

menggay Member

I prefer “love” because with love, you are willing to help others even in your own little way. Yes, money can buy things, but sometimes it’s not material things that a person wants. Most of the time they appreciate more if we show them that we care and be there in times they need someone to talk to and who will listen to what their problems or accomplishments in life. For happiness with money is just temporary but with love especially if it is true love happiness can be felt eternally.

8. chindyhime

chindyhime New Member

Love and money are two different things. It saddens me that it is being compared to each other. Well, I guess it was all because of the reality of this world. At some point, these two different things are contradicting to each other because of the situations of the people. People tend to choose love than money or vice versa which I hope we don't do. Love is feelings while money is a material thing. Both of them are important to every mankind in different ways.

In reality, people cannot live without money because money is needed for our necessities and other stuff in life. While love.. We cannot live without this feeling. Living a life without loving is like we're living like a stone; we are existing but we are not breathing -- almost dead.

So, I guess if I will not choose with the two. As long as I can, I will live with full of love and as well as money to make living. ;);););)

9. khel728

khel728 New Member

Practically speaking I will choose money, because now a days money can do anything even in love, just like before having an arrange marriage with those people in the hierarchy. If you have money you can find love but love can't find money. Yes love is important but money is the no. 1 need of each of us, that's why I choose money over love.

10. scoop

scoop New Member

This will depend on a situation, if the situation is choosing from making money and falling in love, I would definitely choose money, because love can never pay the bills. We all have to make money on a daily basis in order to pay our way through this life, unless if the love comes with a person that can pay those bills for you, a person who will commit to taking care of you no matter what and wants you to relax and enjoy the love and the benefits that come with it.

The opposite of this will be choosing love over money if the person you're with has been there for you, through the toughest times of your life. An example of this would be to choose a loved one over a job offer that will take you away from this person, maybe if the offer is out of the country or the continent, if the relationship is solid enough and you can't imagine your life without this person and the feeling is mutual, then love should win.

11. silvermists

silvermists New Member

This is a two-edged sword when choosing. Love is the essence of life. Money is the thing for which we struggle each day.
    With money we can buy house while the love makes it home. With money we could travel the world while the presence of love makes us feel the world.

12. zach24

zach24 New Member

I will choose love over money. I know that these days it is not practical to go on a relationship and just depend on love because as other people say we cannot buy anything or we cannot achieve anything just by love . But in my opinion, someone will never be happy with money without love, Yes, you can buy everything that you want with money but you cannot buy love with it. If you buy a person with money to love you then I call it fake love because you will never be sure that he/she will truly love you.

There were a lot of things that love can do but money can't. If your relationship is money-centered then it will never last because you two will be focus on money not realizing that you are already destroying your relationship because of lack of affection and lack of time. But when your relationship is filled with love it will last because love conquers all the problems that you may face.

Money will never change how many people truly loves you. Don't let money rule over you, Let God and love be the center of it all and for sure you will have a happy and lively life with all of the people who truly cares and truly value you whatever your status in life is. Loved and be loved back, show the world that true happiness will start if we show how we love each other.

13. genil6425

genil6425 New Member

Love is important than money there is a saying that money cannot buy happiness of a person but how can you have happiness if your stomach is empty? But in other view, money is the most practical while we are in this world. If you have money as long as you are humble and down to earth, good relationship to other people, you help people those who are in needs by giving them jobs because of your business. Even if you die, people will love and remember your good deeds.

14. bluwish02

bluwish02 New Member

I will choose Love :) simply because when you're in love you will learn how to give, how to forgive, how to sacrifice and you will learn how to endure hardships. Yes you can buy almost everything with money and for me it's not fun at all to have anything you want just by buying it. For It is still the Love that's make the World Go Round. :thumbsup:

15. Soffy

Soffy New Member

Off course Love!!! I always choose love! We live in this world to love and to beloved which is a good feeling and without love everything is useless because even you got money or let say you are one of the most richest person in the world but no real love, you will never be happy. Money can't buy happiness especially love as many said which is so true. It is better to live in a simple descent life together with the people you love even life not that perfect.

16. keikatsuragi

keikatsuragi New Member

love or money??? hmmm.. i prefer money. i never get frustrated even i am still being single for 3 years and counting when i have enough money to enjoy myself. well, its true that you cant buy love literally, but money can buy something to make someone fall in love with you. i will not believe if someone or some girl will tell "i get in love with someone who has no money." because that is stupid.. we all know that the basics of courting is effort and effort today is about buying gifts, going to somewhere, and doing stuffs that involved money.

17. Jay05

Jay05 New Member

For me i choose love because love can't buy for your happiness.

18. joyfulday95

joyfulday95 New Member

I am already 23 and this has been my worry ever since I reached the legal age. I know that everything will be possible after finishing my college degree and I am aware that sooner or later I have to marry someone because a lady's uterus will never be forever healthy. However, finding a suitable man is not an easy task nor is a fun thing to do because you'll always be in between money and feelings.

With this in mind, I guess as a woman I have to be practical. I have to find someone who has genuine feelings for me as well as a stable job and an adequate salary to support our family. It doesn't matter if I'm not that head over heels for him as long as we do have mutual feelings for each other because I do believe that as time goes by, my feelings will also improve.

19. Roguerms14

Roguerms14 New Member

Love? They say that love is the greatest of all. But sometimes, love fail us. For some, it is not reciprocated. But still they hold on to it. Some people say, that love can heal and yet it can also hurt. Hopeless romantics believe that love comes at the right place, and the right time. But how do we know? There are lots of failed relationships. Some still hope to find their destiny. Yet, should we really rely on serendipity itself? Personally, I’ve had heartaches and pains, that sometimes I doubt the power of love.
    Money? Some say money can’t buy everything. But because of money, we can buy food to eat, house to shelter, and clothes to wear. We get by everyday using money to pay our bills and rent and fare to go somewhere we need to go to. We can also buy our own house and car if we have money. But money, they say can’t buy true happiness.
    Love or money? If you can be contented with the things you already have and you believe you found true love, then go for it. For it only knocks once and we never know when it will come again. If you still need stability, financially, to build and start a family, then choose money. Who knows, along the way you might meet that one true love you have been waiting.

20. witz993

witz993 New Member

The harsh truth is that very very rarely love conquers all. You aren't supposed to get married to someone just because he/she has a lot of money, that's true. But also most of those "and they lived happily ever after" idea loves usually start falling apart after a while if there is never enough money to fulfill their lives. "You promised this... You promised that... We never go to..." Stuff like that. Since we're not living in Nicolas Sparks fantasy world, I'd say, love all the way, but money just enough to live the way you want to. Not more, not less.

21. abyocaoi

abyocaoi New Member

Love and money is both essential nowadays but if I were to choose between love and money I choose love because with love you can acquire money. You cant just think about money because when you die you cant bring your money or riches with you, only the love you give and receive. Yes money is really important today because without it you may not survive because everything we need as human can be acquired by money. If you choose to love, love yourself, your passion, your family and the people around you, it makes your day lighter. Love makes the world go round because without love there would be hatred, greed and evilness. If the only important thing in your life is getting money or getting rich, you wont be happy, you wont experience the purpose of life and how beautiful life is. If you have love in your self, it will guide you to your purpose and happiness in life

22. yapryan3210

yapryan3210 New Member

I would choose LOVE because love will never be forgotten and if they did forgot love it takes a lot of years to be move on because love will never dies. Love comes 1st and money goes next that is the cycle even thou money is important but if you died money will loss for you but love it will remains to those persons loves you. that is why I choose love more than a money.

23. bluwish02

bluwish02 New Member

I will choose Love :) simply because when you're in love you will learn how to give, how to forgive, how to sacrifice and you will learn how to endure hardships. When you are in love you can do even the things you think you are not capable to do. Love Give us the strength and power to things that unimaginable. Yes you can buy almost everything with money but for me it's not fun at all to have anything you want just by buying it.. Again, For me It is still the Love that makes the World Go Round. :thumbsup:

24. markvel.me

markvel.me New Member

Money can buy almost everything most of people now a day is ruled by money they can do anything just to have allot of money. the one who is genuine is love you cannot imitate love nor buy it you can get with a pure heart and will i will take a love from the other people than money.

25. espraruxz@gmail.com

espraruxz@gmail.com New Member

For me, money is important but love is more important. Money can be found it different ways either by hook or by crook. It also plays important rule in our daily life. But what's the point of having money if people don't love? Love comes first before money. Life don't have meaning if people will choose money over love. Love isn't only means girlfriend/boyfriend, it can also be a love to your parents, friends, God and a person you admire which is more important than money.

26. Lian

Lian New Member

Both. Love is important for emotional and personal development. Love of oneself, love of your family, love of your spouse, being in love....all that emotional stuff which makes you feel complete.

Money in important for survival in this modern day world. The amount you have, earn or spend will determine how important it is to you.

27. bdugie

bdugie New Member

It depends. Do I need to marry an obnoxiously rich person who owns a fleet of yachts? No. Do I need someone who can pay their bills on time? Absolutely. Money trouble is a leading cause of divorce. Movies and pop culture use the "love conquers all" trope because it makes for a good story, but in reality, you need food and running water. Getting into a relationship with someone who's financially irresponsible will lead to resentment after the honeymoon phase.

28. Moneka

Moneka New Member

I choose LoVe than money . It simply because I believe in saying " you can love without giving but you cannot give without loving"

29. Chediak-Higashi

Chediak-Higashi New Member

Love or Money? Many of us struggles on what to choose between Love or Money, some people choose love over money because they think that the heart is right over their mind people who chosen love are afraid to be left by their lover even they became poor they will always choose love for the sake of their happiness. Others also choose Money to be practical, people who choose money are the one who's will is to become rich and powerful they think money can buy all even love. Both love and money can combine to be suited as one, people who think outside the box will choose both because for them once they choose who they lived for even if that person is rich or poor they wouldn't think about it aslong as both of them are happy love or money is just a question they would not prepare to answer.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  30. jockey

jockey New Member

Love is consequential for emotional and personal development. Love of oneself, love of your family, love of your spouse, being in love, all that emotional stuff which makes you feel consummate.

Money in consequential for survival in this modern day world. The amount you have, earn or spend will determine how consequential it is to you. Money is really not important for happiness and neither is love, it depends on your own perspective and for what's most important for you.

Happiness is a cull you make whether you have love or happiness. Happiness stems from that place where you feel placidity of mind, noetic balance and contentment. This should depend on you and not whether or not you have either love or money.

Choosing your life partner should depend on what you want for your future. Are you seeking emotional security, financial security or both?. There is nothing wrong with choosing to love someone rich, nor is there anything wrong with choosing someone poor just for love. If money is important to you then choosing someone for love alone may be a wrong choice. As I said your choice depends on what's most important to you.