McDonald's or Jollibee?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jojo_1237, Sep 9, 2017.

1. jojo_1237

jojo_1237 New Member

Two of the largest fastfood chains competing as to who is the best not only in service, quality and convenience. Who do you think is your choice?

2. Amylopectin

Amylopectin New Member

I grew up eating Jollibee's food instead of McDonald's mainly because that's where my parents brought us to. Jollibee is catered to the Filipino's food preferences that's why the majority of the Filipino family in the Philippines choose this over the more American brand of Mcdonald's. Jollibee reminds me of my childhood, a lot of memories that could never be replaced by McDonald's. The taste of their food feels like home. This choice may be completely biased because I grew up eating Jollibee's food but I prefer some of McDonald's products such as the burger, nuggets, and fries instead of Jollibee's. Although Jollibee wins for the service. McDonald's definitely earns the award for the convenience and quality more than Jollibee.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  3. Amylopectin

Amylopectin New Member

I grew up eating Jollibee's food instead of McDonald's mainly because that's where my parents brought us to. Jollibee is catered to the Filipino's food preferences that's why the majority of the Filipino family in the Philippines choose this over the more American brand of Mcdonald's. Jollibee reminds me of my childhood, a lot of memories that could never be replaced by McDonald's. The taste of their food feels like home. This choice may be completely biased because I grew up eating Jollibee's food but I prefer some of McDonald's products such as the burger, nuggets, and fries instead of Jollibee's. Although Jollibee wins for the service. McDonald's definitely earns the award for the convenience and quality more than Jollibee.

4. emandork

emandork New Member

I prefer Jollibee, not just because i'm a Filipino but the taste is for Filipino style. Also Jollibee don't remove any menu's if put branches in other countries. McDonald's in UAE don't have any rice meals but in Philippines they have. In service, quality and convenience they were both the same, only for the taste are different.

5. Kruseic

Kruseic New Member

I really love Jollibee. It is more on Filipino taste unlike Mcdonalds. In the Philippines Jollibee have many stores than Mcdo. When I went to Singapore their Mcdonalds and KFC don't have rice meals that all of us Filipinos love. When I was young my parents always told me that if I got perfect on my exam they will treat me on Jollibee. It bring lots of memories that will forever be remembered. BIDA ANG SAYA.

6. Lav Ly

Lav Ly New Member

I love Jollibee because of its unexplained aroma that i smell every time i enter into it. That aroma touches my being as a Filipino. Their menus are most likely Filipino taste. Filipino foods are already connected into my heart.

7. lourizemae

lourizemae New Member

I used to be a member of Jollibee Kids Club when i was little. I used to walk in runways wearing cute jollibee shirts and pants. I enjoy dancing at Jollibee's jingles. And i love eating free burgers. Jollibee has been a huge part of my childhood. And up until now, i still love going to jollibee, but now with my boyfriend. It's funny how years have passed but Jollibee is still serving that same saucy spaghetti, juicy chicken joy and the beefy burger, and their fries. I have always admired the taste of their fries unlike in Mcdonald's. But still i enjoy eating at Mcdonald's sometimes. Jollibee for the win!

8. peppy8

peppy8 New Member

Jollibee! Aside from its delicious food offers, I got so many memories with Jollibee! :)

9. jeromealmir

jeromealmir New Member

Both food chains excel in service, quality, and convenience. They only differ in terms of their current promotional offers. But personally, being a Filipino myself, I would go for the Filipino brand: Jollibee. The taste of their food always has a sweet blend which never fails to capture the palette of the Filipino people, especially the kids.

10. erajoisu12

erajoisu12 New Member

If you are not that familiar with Jollibee (the Filipino type of McDonalds), I would guess that your choice will be McDonalds, but for Filipinos, this is a question with an obvious answer... Jollibee, of course!

But that's only my opinion. Both fast food chains are good, though, it still depends on how you like your food. If you are a fan of everything-is-sweet type of food, you should go with Jollibee. If you like the typical American food, go with McDonalds.

11. skrinkle

skrinkle New Member

UGH I was in a city with a Jollibee but it was too busy and I ran out of time to try it :'(

12. Mary Jane B. Santos

Mary Jane B. Santos New Member

Of course it's Jollibee. There's a lot of fast food chains available in our country. But I personally would pick our own. Jollibee is one of the fastest growing fast food chain here in the Philippines. It originated in our country. It somewhat equal McDonalds as far as taste is concern.

13. Gmaster391

Gmaster391 New Member

If I would between the two franchise, I would choose Mcdonald's over Jollibee. I guess the reason would be, I have grown accustomed to their menu. Plus I would prefer Mcdonald's burgers and fries that Jollibee. I am not saying that Jollibee is not good I just prefer Mcdonald's. I actually like Jollibee's peach mango pie and I would choose it over Mcdonald's apple pie but that is it.

14. usui

usui New Member

Jollibee, why?? They have hot Choco. Why not McDonald's? ? Because they only serve limited meals.

15. sirfreelancealot

sirfreelancealot New Member

I would prefer McDonald's over Jollibee because there is no Jollibee in my state. So really there is no way for me to compare the two to see which one's food taste better. However, I wouldn't mine trying out Jollibee it would be something of a change from the typical burger and fries. I hope that some one in my neck of the woods would buy a franchise so I can try out their menu and see if their products are far superior than the king of fast food who happens to be McDonald's.

16. Renz Luansing

Renz Luansing New Member

I prefer Mcdo rather jollibee because Mcdonald's has lot to offer especially when you are eating with a group. The price is just right, the food taste better. Jollibee charge highly in their products. The rice cost higher and also have to pay for the extra gravy. Mcdo have barkada treats that you can share, the bff fries is my favorite.

17. gladysgrace0117

gladysgrace0117 New Member

The two fast food restaurants lead the market in the Philippines. For those who are not familiar with the restaurants, here are some comparisons. When it comes to number of branches worldwide, McDonalds wins since Jollibee was Filipino owned company but startealready few branches overseas. If you're talking about the service, Mcdo also wins because of the international high standards trainings. They do even have dedicated academy to ensure all their personnel are all equipped with excellent customer service. When it comes to products, both restaurants are even. For me, fries of Mcdo are better while chicken of Jollibee is better that Mcdo's. As to ambiance of the stores, they do both offer comfy feeling. One thing that made Jollibee standout from Mcdo is their appeal to the children. Jollibee's marketing strategies target the kids that is why most kids love the brand. If I will choose where to eat, it depends. If I will eat alone, I would go to Mcdo but if I'm with my niece, I will be at Jollibee to make her happy.

18. Nivraceel

Nivraceel New Member

Jollibee is best. They have the best tasting chicken. Their spag is good if you are into a filipino tasting pasta. It is my number 1 choice of fastfood whenever we have to go for a drive through and whenever I had to buy food to bring home to my family. it has been in lifestyle. When you hangout in the mall you get the drive to eat or buy food in jollibee whenever you pass by to its stores.

19. sman26

sman26 New Member

What's Jollibee?

20. dctm64

dctm64 New Member

I like both establishments because they both serve good cheeseburgers and are continuously improving their menus to stay competitive. The garlic pepper beef they serve at Jollibee is so affordable and so delicious that it keeps you coming back for more while the chicken fillet ala king from McDonald's (Philippines) offers a complete meal that would be made even more complete with a cheeseburger and some fries.

21. patriciamamon

patriciamamon New Member

Jollibee's burgers and Mcdonald's spag. I love the buger of Jollibee it creates beautiful taste in my mouth. The juicy beef and the well made mayo. Mcdonald's spag is the best with the cheese on the top and the tasty sauce.

22. bel

bel New Member

I have work in the Jollibee company as a counter crew before. This is not being bias but I tasted McDonalds food product too but I'm a Jollibee baby. I love Jollibee more that Mcdonald. I love the fries and the sunday of Jollibee. Hmmm Yum!

23. Kcdumalo

Kcdumalo New Member

I love Jollibee especially their chicken joy and spaghetti. I chose this not because I am from Philippines but because their foods are really tasty and they are always improving their service to match with the demands of the customers.

24. Cesar Pineda

Cesar Pineda New Member

I preffered jollibee it was my first love. I mean it was the first job that i really enjoyed. I love the people I am working with. The enjoyed the pressure in my job. And I love to provide great costumer service! When it comes to the products that they offered ofcourse I always go for Bida ang sarap!

25. MeshiKun

MeshiKun New Member

I prefer Jollibee overall. The foods taste good especially Burger Steak. It is one of my favorites since I was a child up till now. The only product I liked on McDonald's is their french fries. Besides that, I believe Jollibee provides more delicious products.

26. oyoroldan

oyoroldan New Member

I'll always choose Jollibee over Mcdo. Ever since I was a kid, Jollibee is my happy pill specially chicken joy. In product comparison, I'll have yum burger over burger mc. Chicken Joy over Chicken mcdo. Jolli spaghetti over mcdo's spaghetti. But for fries and floats, I'll have mcdo. Last is my favorite, it is Jolli hotdog since there is no counterpart of this in mcdo.

27. Maaan

Maaan New Member

Jollibee gives me the satisfaction that I needed, from the value meals they offer, good customer service, cozy and convenient place to chill. Mcdo on the other hand is not that bad either, but I admit their meals are quite expensive compared to Jollibee. I can only afford the crispy chicken fillet and crispy chicken sandwich. Their service is also okay, as well as their cozy and clean stores. When it comes to the food quality, since both of the store's main dish is chicken, I like the Chicken joy in Jollibee more because its bigger, crispier, juicier and tastier compared to McDo. So my choice right from the start is Jollibee. Jollibee happy!

28. jing-jing

jing-jing New Member

I used to love everything in Jollibee but as I grow older, I love the spaghetti and the burgers in McDonald’s more. And another thing, there’s a newly open McDonald’s just a few steps from our house.

29. Abbielinna

Abbielinna New Member

Jollibee & McDonalds are both being patronize by all types of people in this society- poor, average, middle & even the rich one. I guess, the only reason why is that they serve good and quality food for everyone. Comfort food for everyone. If I feel like eating my favorite chicken joy then I'll go to Jollibee and if I feel like eating my favorite sundae & fries, I'll go to McDonalds. So both are good for me.

1 person likes this.
  30. Virus13

Virus13 New Member

A debate for this topic could go till the end of time. But if I were to choose between the two my personal preference would be McDonald's. Ever since high school I wanted to franchise a McDonald's because in our place before we don't have a McDonald's but lucky we do have now and it was just last year when it started to operate. I like the burgers of McDonald's and so with their fries. I also like what they are doing on their services especially they do have the free gravy refill and the water in the side although it varies on different chain. So all in all for me I choose McDonald's over Jollibee.