Minimum PC requirements for freelancing.?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by dylanfaust, Feb 17, 2019.

1. dylanfaust

dylanfaust Member

Need help, what is good pc specs..?

2. Fartytester21

Fartytester21 Member

Hi, it depends on the freelancing activities

Standard specs: 320gb hdd, 4gb RAM, no video card, Intel I3 or I5 processor, any compatible motherboard.
    - This will do if your freelancing activities only requires MS Office application (Execel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
    - Surfing Google Chrome, working with Gmail, Google Docs, answering softphone calls, encoding texts.

Gaming specs: 1TB HDD, 240GB SSD, GTX960 or 1050TI video card, Intel I7 processor, any Gigabyte motherboard compatible to I7 processor.
    - This will give you so much horse power if you'll be working with AutoCAD, Adobe products like Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, surfing Chrome with possibly 20 tabs.

3. dylanfaust

dylanfaust Member

Thank you a lot for the info's it it will help me to choose specs of computer.

4. Fartytester21

Fartytester21 Member

Happy to inform people :) that's my daily job as an IT personnel.

Anyway, if you've find a perfect device for you I would love to know more about it. Maybe I can help you in some other way :) cheers.

5. JAO022

JAO022 New Member

my AMD Athlon x2 250 8gb ram NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 is pretty old but the performance is fine. It's a bit old but I can edit it with video cases long enough to rendering hehe

6. leony13

leony13 Member

Making money as a freelancer is a great idea for individuals who are willing to work from home. Either, you could do this as part-time or full-time based on the availability of time. You can find some basics requirements to start a freelancing career. The basic requirements for freelancing 4 GB RAM and a screen resolution of 1024x768 core i3.

7. Rengo

Rengo New Member

If you have a budget why not try i5 or higher spec. But I advise to use i5 as the minimum processor. That will save you time specially if you are multi tasking. There is a chance that your PC will hang if it cant handle the load. Try to add graphic card also if you are doing video or image editing etc.

8. masterryan31

masterryan31 Member

Specs for UPWORK is at least i3 (Intel core processor) specifically) w/ 4gb of RAM and that's for virtual private assistant and data entry job.
    Still much if you'll go for at least i5 intel core processor, 4gb RAM with built in video card for more flexibility on different tasks.

9. TBV

TBV New Member

It mostly depends what you are doing as a freelancer.
    If you are a graphic/3D artist then a budget computer is a no-no, simply because you wont be even able to operate in half of those programs, as their RAM requirements are 8 gb minimum, and 16 recommended.
    Music production - same goes here, you will most likely need an external sound card and good pc specs.
    Professional gaming - Be ready to invest a minimum of 2500 bucks for that machine with the latest possible upgrades in the computer world

Copywriting, translating, blogging, microtasks - you can do it with the most budget of a notebook, around $400-500, you dont even need a video card or extra power.
    Online lessons - cheap notebook works, but make sure you ask the sales guy hows the quality of the webcam