Music as an Aid to healing

Discussion in 'Music' started by zeekersmyle03, Nov 20, 2018.

1. zeekersmyle03

zeekersmyle03 New Member

We all know that music has a strong impact on our personality as a whole. It lifts your soul when you’re feeling down. It accompanies you when you are feeling blue. It could remind you of the past or it could boost you up in facing the future. Almost in any aspect of our lives, there is music. But did you know that music has been used for healing purposes as well?

Music can soothe the mind. That is why there are meditations that are accompanied with music. But this is not all. Music is now being used in medical interventions and treatments. Children suffering from different mental degradation illnesses like Alzheimer’s disease are being taught to play musical instruments. In doing so, they train the mind and body to remember in hopes to prolong the memory loss. In addition children are enjoying music as well which relieves stress and that is very beneficial to their health.

Truly, there is no limit how music benefits mankind.

2. lavitabrea

lavitabrea Member

Thats true. it makes you dream

3. Brilliant

Brilliant New Member

I just love music. It can changes our mood, our thoughts, and it motivates us. Music touches the soul,
    and awakens the body because much of it derives from natural beginnings.

4. philipdavid016

philipdavid016 New Member

Music is very powerful as an aid to healing. The soothing power of music is well-established. It has a unique link to our emotions, so can be an extremely effective stress management tool. Listening to music can have a tremendously relaxing effect on our minds and bodies, especially slow, quiet classical music. This type of music can have a beneficial effect on our physiological functions, slowing the pulse and heart rate, lowering blood pressure, and decreasing the levels of stress hormones. Music, in short, can act as a powerful stress management tool in our lives.

As music can absorb our attention, it acts as a distraction at the same time it helps to explore emotions. This means it can be a great aid to meditation, helping to prevent the mind wandering. Musical preference varies widely between individuals, so only you can decide what you like and what is suitable for each mood. But even if you don’t usually listen to classical music it may be worth giving it a try when selecting the most calming music.
    When people are very stressed, there is a tendency to avoid actively listening to music. Perhaps it feels like a waste of time, not helping to achieve anything. But as we know, productivity increases when stress is reduced, so this is another area where you can gain vast rewards. It just takes a small effort to begin with.

To incorporate music into a busy life, try playing compact discs in the car, or put the radio on when in the bath or shower. Take portable music with you when walking the dog, or put the stereo on instead of the TV. A person with clinical disorder or bipolar disorder might listen to music to help with their worst, lowest moods. Singing (or shouting) along can also be a great release of tension, and karaoke is very enjoyable for some extroverts! Calming music before bedtime promotes peace and relaxation and helps to induce sleep.

Music is also a powerful tool to connect with God through prayer and worship. God is our healer if we only have faith in Him. God is enthroned in the praises of his people. He is also there in the gathering of his people.

5. anacaro

anacaro New Member

I agree, in my personal experience, I listen to binnaural beats if I need to relax, heal or attract something. It makes you vibrate into a range of frequency, influencing the energy and vibration of the brain which in turns affects the whole body and ambience.

6. colorlines

colorlines New Member

Music helped me through some of the toughest parts of my life, as it’s a way of escaping what’s around me so that I can take a moment to heal. If I feel as if my mental health is about to plummet I quickly turn to Watsky or Twenty One Pilots to help me sort out my feelings. Writing your own music is also an amazing way to feel better about yourself in general, the sound of an instrument is always a nice experience.

7. carz07

carz07 New Member

Yes, music as an aid to healing. It touches the mind and the soul. I listen to music to help me go to sleep. Without music my mind will just keep thinking and thinking all night, but listening to music, i get my mind to relax and just go with the music and I fall asleep.

8. Marshawn

Marshawn New Member

To even understand that music can be an asset to healing yourself is absolutely a step in the right direction. Research can be done on what frequencies heal what parts of the body. This is an ancient science that revolves around sound vibrating the bodies cells organs and body fluid etc..This can always be used as a natural way of healing the human body. In my opinion this thought process and daily practice should be incorporated to achieve a healthier lifestyle.

9. John213

John213 New Member

Music . Music is not just a song you listen to everyday or the sheets that you play. It is the meaning behind of every song, music and plays you hear, see and make. Is it not true? Music plays an important role to many people living on earth. It adds color to everything around us. It adds the spices in our life because it helps us to express who and what we are through what kind on music we like and make. It pushes us through to be free and express ourselves thus helping us to set free tha pain and suffering thst we have been hiding in our hearts. Music helps us to release the negative feelings we feel thus making us ready and much stronger in the end and you can say that you can really use music as an aid to healing because of the wonders it can do to ones life and purpose

10. RamGi

RamGi New Member

Some songs make us remember the things that we already forgot. It's like hearing the same old song that was played on your wedding day and then realized that you love your partner back then, but you leave him/her, and now you can't take him/her back because he/she found someone better. Some songs make us regret the things that we shouldn't or should've done.

11. JoyRam

JoyRam New Member

I can only think about the movie "Coco". Music really helps her grandma to connect with her family again. The time she hears the music sang by her dad when she was little, all the memories came back and her life came back to her family. I can help but cry every time I watch that scene, it has lot of emotions that music can bring!

12. guialorenzb

guialorenzb New Member

Music is not music itself.

Even in churches, music is what we will hear most of the time. Music has the power to lift up our hearts. Base on my experience as well, you can incorporate music depending on your mood, if you feel sad you may play sad song or much better if you want to bring your self up, then listed to happy songs.

13. Chasejoie

Chasejoie New Member

Music helps us in many ways by relaxing, killing time, and helping you in any ways. Music is good as long as you choose the the proper music to lift up your soul and your emotions.