Music can change peoples mood

Discussion in 'Music' started by nitzy, Feb 20, 2019.

?

How can music change your mood?

1. Music makes us relax

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. Music can touch our emotion

23 vote(s)
    69.7%
  1. Ryuuzaki

Ryuuzaki New Member

Everyone listens to music and it impacts our lives in a variety of ways. You listen to music to dance, to deal with breakups, and to study. Music itself is a drug because we grow addicted to it to perform particular tasks.

2. Ryuuzaki

Ryuuzaki New Member

Everyone listens to music and it impacts our lives in a variety of ways. You listen to music to dance, to deal with breakups, and to study. Music itself is a drug because we grow addicted to it to perform particular tasks.

3. Ryuuzaki

Ryuuzaki New Member

Music Helps Us Give Expression to Feelings That are Hard to Put into Words
    “In other words: Music can give you inspiration and ideas at a given notice.”

4. Ryuuzaki

Ryuuzaki New Member

Music has been used throughout history and across cultures to influence the body, but only in recent decades have researchers been able to examine how it is processed through the brain. These recent discoveries explain the relationship between features of music like rhythm, and improvements in physical health, particularly in rehabilitation. They also explain why people with Alzheimer’s disease remember all of the words to songs but can’t have a clear conversation. In this unit we hear and see how music has been used, often by qualified music therapists working in hospitals, to influence the body and support fitness and rehabilitation.

5. Ryuuzaki

Ryuuzaki New Member

Music has been used throughout history and across cultures to influence the body, but only in recent decades have researchers been able to examine how it is processed through the brain. These recent discoveries explain the relationship between features of music like rhythm, and improvements in physical health, particularly in rehabilitation. They also explain why people with Alzheimer’s disease remember all of the words to songs but can’t have a clear conversation. In this unit we hear and see how music has been used, often by qualified music therapists working in hospitals, to influence the body and support fitness and rehabilitation.

6. Ryuuzaki

Ryuuzaki New Member

7. Ryuuzaki

Ryuuzaki New Member

Music can be a powerful way to explore and comprehend our deepest emotions. When used in psychoanalysis, this can lead to rich experiences that may even reveal aspects of our unconscious world that can be processed within the safety of the therapeutic relationship. Within the field of music therapy, practitioners often debate the relative merits of free improvisation on instruments in comparison to using the preferred songs of clients in therapy. Both afford opportunities to deepen our understanding of ourselves and our relationships to others, and music more generally can be used as a health resource that travels with us as we recover from being acutely unwell and continue the journey of life.

8. Ryuuzaki

Ryuuzaki New Member

Have you ever used music to try and improve a relationship in your life? Playing the right background music is one thing, but what about singing with another person, or improvising on musical instruments in responsive and caring ways. Listening is the key to intimacy in any relationship and music can be the perfect vehicle to explore listening in new ways. We explore intimacy between parents and infants, therapists and clients and the ways that music therapists engage in musicking with people to build relationships that help.

9. aycee21

aycee21 New Member

Music is not only able to affect your mood -- listening to particularly happy or sad music can even change the way we perceive the world. However, such mood changes not only affect how you feel, but they also change your perception. Specific Musical Genres Influence Mood. However, other factors also affect your perceptions and emotions. The psychology of music is a very deep study. However, rather than sad music acting like a “downer,” many researchers conclude that sad music offers catharsis to individuals who are already feeling sad.

10. jom1822

jom1822 New Member

yes it is . change your mood but listening to a sad music while you are having a heartache will make you burst into tears .

11. rvtamayo

rvtamayo Member

It's true when I am feeling stressed or overwhelmed by something, I use music to rearrange my thoughts and align my spirit with my body, it sounds weird but I often do this. Sometimes the feeling that we are doing things without the intention of doing it and our mind is just too far away from our body like it is moving on autopilot. Music helps me focus more under pressure. Or sometimes you just woke up on the bad side of your bed that you feel uneasy that u need music to better your mood.

12. Anjin

Anjin Member

Through listening to music, it touches our emotion. It touches our heart that whatever we are feeling it can make us relax, sad, happy and angry. Music is so powerful, it is not showing you anything but when you hear it, it touches our heart and our emotion. It also influences us and makes our life change.

13. Hayciel

Hayciel New Member

Music is an international language, it makes everyone just happy, changes their emotions. And make a gloomy mood become light.
    Music does have its own magic

14. bnjgzmn

bnjgzmn Member

It really does. Just imagine driving your car and you are stuck in traffic without any music. It must drive you insane! That's how life would gonna be without music on it. Music always give you that extra umpf to go through life and make it a bearable place. Just like your go-to-movie, once you hear your favorite song it makes your worries and anxieties drift away like resetting your mood for that day. That's how powerful music is.

15. Myprincess

Myprincess New Member

Music is spiritual in nature, it makes me happy when am sad most especially when I listen to my favourite music I feel less burden

16. jajamon04

jajamon04 Member

That it true. Music affects our inner mood. So whenever, I feel sad or stressed, I listen to songs that will uplift my energy.

17. Raysam

Raysam New Member

This is very true. Music is very powerful. It can change our mood, and, research shows, even change our behavior. Music is not only able to affect your mood -- listening to a particularly happy or sad music can even change the way we perceive the world, according to researchers.

When we listen to joyful, happy music, our brains usually produce chemicals such as serotonin and dopamine, which make us feel happy. The same happens when we listen to relaxing, soothing music or to hard, loud, angry music that can also cause a number of different emotional feelings. Music may cause you to feel joyful, sad, angry, hyped up, relaxed etc. and sometimes you can feel more than one emotion during a song.

18. luvdamsel

luvdamsel New Member

Music makes me to relax,when am listening to music am always happy like a very good music brings back my mood

19. luvdamsel

luvdamsel New Member

A good music does

20. Todo123

Todo123 Member

According to researchers, listening to sounds such as music and noise has a significant effect on our moods and emotions because of brain dopamine regulation — a neurotransmitter strongly involved in emotional behaviour and mood regulation.
    Music and mood. Music can affect your mood in many ways. This is because of the rhythm and tone that we hear when we listen to music. ... The same happens when we listen to relaxing, soothing music or to hard, loud, angry music that can also cause a number of different emotional feelings.

21. userhichou1

userhichou1 Member

i dont thinck so

22. Treveez

Treveez Member

Music and mood are closely interrelated -- listening to a sad or happy song on the radio can make you feel more sad or happy. However, such mood changes not only affect how you feel, they also change your perception. For example, people will recognize happy faces if they are feeling happy themselves

23. merben12

merben12 New Member

yes sometimes.. for me it reminds of you of something you did in the past or people or events.... and it makes you feel happy or sad

24. xyrusjosh

xyrusjosh New Member

Music is not only able to affect your mood -- listening to particularly happy or sad music can even change the way we perceive the world, according to researchers from the University of Groningen. ... However, such mood changes not only affect how you feel, they also change your perception.

Music and mood are closely interrelated -- listening to a sad or happy song on the radio can make you feel more sad or happy. However, such mood changes not only affect how you feel, they also change your perception. For example, people will recognize happy faces if they are feeling happy themselves.

25. nmtlim

nmtlim New Member

Music has the ability to affect one's mood through amplifying one's feelings at a given moment. A sad person could listen to calm or solemn-sounding music to get through their feelings of distress. Similarly, someone who's in a good mood can listen to happy and upbeat music in order to better enjoy what they're feeling. Additionally, the beats and melodies of pieces of music allow listeners to identify a specific mood or emotion that they can associate with the musical piece. Truly, music helps us become more attuned to ourselves and the changes in our feelings.

26. lenlen

lenlen Member

I agree that music can change peoples mood. I think each of us has a musical mind meaning we easily became affected by what kind of music we're listening.

27. Tenzor

Tenzor New Member

Definitely music change people mood.When,I listen metal song i get hyped. And when i listen to slow mellow song, like lovesong's i feel relax.

28. shaina14

shaina14 New Member

Yup! Listening to music could really make your mood change. Sometimes, we are happy because of how hype the song is, it can even make us groove and dance with the rhythm.Sometimes, we feel like we just have gone through a heartache because we can sense and hear how sincere the artist and the song is. Sometimes, we feel like we fell inlove because of the lyrics. And I think this is why music can bring us together us one.

29. cozyfish

cozyfish New Member

That's a fact. My mood is always swayed by the music I listen to. Love music makes me sad a bit while Rap music makes me a bit aggressive depending on the lyrics. So, it's definitely affecting ones' mood.

30. Donessa

Donessa New Member

Music can change mood just by listening to it. When you're in a certain situation and you hear music that is related to your experience it will caught you! You become emotionally hook up that you go with the beat.