My Anti-Virus Won't Update

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Warren1967, May 27, 2019.

1. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I am having some problems with my anti-virus. It won't update. I've been trying and trying but it just won't/ I need to update it to scan my computer. It is starting to worry me. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

2. Delta37

Delta37 New Member

Can you offer a bit more information? What anti-virus software are you using and does it give any kind of detailed error message when you try to update?

3. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I use Avira and lately it does not respond whenever I click on it.

4. Delta37

Delta37 New Member

Ok. It's not yet a bad sign, because I have seen Avira do that sometimes, but you should try to fix the problem as soon as possible. Their own web page suggests that you should try to repair your installation.

Search Google for "How do I repair my Avira Antivirus" and you'll see the instructions how to do that.

5. Rexway4

Rexway4 Member

I will recommend a-vast antivirus this antivirus is more reliable and trusted ,many antivirus now will scan your system but fail to removed the virus , to keep your system safe, if such malfunctionality is notice you need to replace the antivirus as soon as possible for the safety of your system or p.c.
    For your own case just try shutdown the system and restart it again if the problem continue I will advice you shotdown the system completely for the safety of your p.c untill the issue is rectify.